Photo

PS4 or Xbox One?

sony microsoft ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox One or Playstation 4?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Based on what we know, which console are you looking to purchase?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:37

I'm not pleased about having to pay for online gameplay with the PS4, but I guess the games that plus comes with are a nice bonus.

It was inevitable with the push towards MMO/Online only games we're seeing. Even more so when they want to adopt F2P models. I'm just surprised they didn't do it sooner with the PS3. Knew it was coming the moment they added PS+ all those years ago, but what's more surprising is Microsoft's unwillingness to match it & instead spend the profits from XBL towards timed DLC. It's obviously not as favourable and when the bulk of it seems to be spent on BF/CoD each year, it's a time bomb waiting to go off when the interest is fading in both franchises.

#32 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,303 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:37

Sucks that they gave no date, Holiday 2013 doesn't say much. Anyone got a link to all the supported PSN+ countries? It seems my country always gets shafted when it comes to these types of things and services.

#33 James843

James843

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:48

It's all down to personal choice

The way I see it is this...

Pure games console: PS4
Cheaper

Games console with extra stuff: XBOX One
More expensive, but does come with Kinect

so if you want the TV functionality, and like playing games with your family such as Kinect Sports...and think the extra £80 is worth it then get the xbox

cant play Kinect Sports on it though as thats for the Xbox 360 and the 360 is not backwards compatible

#34 +Vykranth

Vykranth

Chantez, compagnons, dans la nuit la Liberté nous écoute

• 3,247 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:56

Neither for the moment.
To me (and this is my personal opinion), neither Sony's or Microsoft's announcements have failed to convince me to purchase one or the other.
May be I am getting past my gaming prime or my expectations were too high but I feel rather disappointed.

#35 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• 6,284 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58

Posted Image

hmmm... decisions, decisions.

#36 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:36

PS4 without a doubt.

#37 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,013 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:38

Xbox One for me.

#38 The Gamer

The Gamer

Forerunner

• 131 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:41

Posted Image

Coming from a veteran Xbox Live member, this seems to be the case. Sure I love my exclusives, but goddammit, Microsoft.

#39 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,722 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:42

cant play Kinect Sports on it though as thats for the Xbox 360 and the 360 is not backwards compatible

Kinect Sports Rivals is coming for Xbox One.

Posted Image

Based on what is shown, PS4 should be $459.99 :p

#40 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• 3,749 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53

I honestly don't know at this moment in time. I've always favoured the Xbox 360 this generation, for the games and Xbox Live.

However after Sony's E3 conference yesterday I really am unsure. It comes down to games and DRM, the Xbox has always had the game franchises and arcade games that have appealed to me, but the DRM and restrictions on the Xbox One are too extreme.

In contrast the PS4 has got it right with no DRM and the price is around what i was expecting to pay but i cant say the exclusive games appeal that much to me.

I've got a few months to think it over anyway... cant help thinking i should just cut my losses and get back in PC gaming.

Coming from a veteran Xbox Live member, this seems to be the case. Sure I love my exclusives, but goddammit, Microsoft.

Same here, I never expected it but I honestly see Sony on top this next generation.

#41 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,599 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

I voted PS4, but I'm going to stay away from both consoles at the release. The only game I'm truly interested in is Destiny, but it's not coming out until "2014" which is a large gap and it leaves room for delays. There is also the possibility it will come out for the PC too, in which case I'll get it for that and upgrade my computer.

But, I will be getting the PS4 sooner or later. It's cheaper, focused on games, doesn't require a Kinect, has an indefinite lifespan thanks to no restricitons, and is in a better position for indie gaming.

#42 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,675 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

I guess the XBOX fans/users must be busy playing their 360s or sleeping.
I know I'm getting an XBOX ONE for sure.

#43 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,992 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:54

PC!

#44 selphj

selphj

Neowinian

• 335 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:55

I owned a launch day 360 and I have been a huge supporter of Microsoft. But this is me too. Halo has went down hill a lot, so it's no longer a console seller for me. And The xbox1 issues+price look terrible. So far, PS4 is the console to buy. Although with a family, I don't have money to burn and I will have to wait anyway. So I will probably see which one ends up looking best after launch.

#45 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,106 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:56

I actually preordered the One late yesterday afternoon after watching the EA press conference I DVR'd. Battlefield 4 got me all sorts of excited.
Posted Image
I also thought to myself I liked a few games, like Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and below, and although I was hoping they would not do similar things, I really thought there would have to be some sort of similar restrictions Sony was going to implement. So I just figured I would get both consoles and be done with it.

I then preordered the PS4 right after their press conference...

Posted Image

I am about to go cancel my XBox One preorder

At this point in time I feel it is a matter of supporting what I personally feel is good for console gaming and what is not good for console gaming. Sony is no doubt taking more of a gaming console can still be a gaming console approach, and I like that. I appreciate they are not trying to force a new way of doing things on people. I recognize it may wind up eventually being the old, "wrong" way of viewing things, but for now they are saying this next generation can still first and foremost be about how to just play good old fashioned controller based games as simply and as easy as possible.

So It is more about principle now than anything else for myself. That and I figure if I do change my mind and want to pick up an XBox One at launch, it will be much easier to do so this time around.