PS4 or Xbox One?

Xbox One or Playstation 4?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what we know, which console are you looking to purchase?

I'll be getting the Xbox one, but not during launch.

The best games announced for both platforms will all be PC games as well, so think i'll stick with my PC this year and 360. ProjectSpark looks absolutely amazing, but its for Windows 8.. All of the war games will be on PC and i'm not sure Ryse or Killzone is worth 399 or 499 respectively.

BTW, pricing wise, i'd much rather be done with DISKs so if Microsoft can get leniency on the 24 hour DRM check, i'd be all over that.

I am about to go cancel my XBox One preorder

At this point in time I feel it is a matter of supporting what I personally feel is good for console gaming and what is not good for console gaming. Sony is no doubt taking more of a gaming console can still be a gaming console approach, and I like that. I appreciate they are not trying to force a new way of doing things on people. I recognize it may wind up eventually being the old, "wrong" way of viewing things, but for now they are saying this next generation can still first and foremost be about how to just play good old fashioned controller based games as simply and as easy as possible.

So It is more about principle now than anything else for myself. That and I figure if I do change my mind and want to pick up an XBox One at launch, it will be much easier to do so this time around.

but..but..you get an achievement for buying it at launch! :p

seriously though, can't you get Battlefield 4 on PS4? I do like what FM5 and Ryse are doing but they are not a system seller for me.

I guess the XBOX fans/users must be busy playing their 360s or sleeping.

I know I'm getting an XBOX ONE for sure.

Out of curiosity, why?

At this point in time I feel it is a matter of supporting what I personally feel is good for console gaming and what is not good for console gaming. Sony is no doubt taking more of a gaming console can still be a gaming console approach, and I like that. I appreciate they are not trying to force a new way of doing things on people. I recognize it may wind up eventually being the old, "wrong" way of viewing things, but for now they are saying this next generation can still first and foremost be about how to just play good old fashioned controller based games as simply and as easy as possible.

So It is more about principle now than anything else for myself. That and I figure if I do change my mind and want to pick up an XBox One at launch, it will be much easier to do so this time around.

That is my sentiments exactly.

I don't even buy 2nd hand games and I have had an always-on unlimited broadband connection since 2004, but the anti-consumer restrictions are not healthy and have been implemented only to benefit publishers. Not that I don't think publishers don't deserve a cut from 2nd hand games, but not like this.

It's never going to work until all 3 manufacturers can come together to discuss it with publishers and retailers. Until then, it's only consumers who lose if they pick Xbox One.

I bet Microsoft wish they had never turned down the opportunity to work on Steam all those years ago when GabeN came knocking.

There is one MAJOR factor that people seem to be ignoring/forgetting here, MS are in talks with Major content providers to offer major reductions in price for X1 via subscription services for things they already pay for.

In the UK, its kind of like how Virgin offer a standard box or a TiVo box for a little extra.

Now I'm not saying this will change everything, but assuming the service and pricing is decent I think MS's proposition will look a lot better.

There is one MAJOR factor that people seem to be ignoring/forgetting here, MS are in talks with Major content providers to offer major reductions in price for X1 via subscription services for things they already pay for.

In the UK, its kind of like how Virgin offer a standard box or a TiVo box for a little extra.

Now I'm not saying this will change everything, but assuming the service and pricing is decent I think MS's proposition will look a lot better.

UK and US are not the only countries in this world. What about countries like India, China where Microsoft don't care $hit?

So there is no Value Proposition for us folks.

We are stuck with local TV service providers who behave like Mafia gangs.

Neowin is very pro Microsoft and this poll will eventually reflect. Check out Neogaf, Reddit, IGN etc. to gauge how people really feel. So far it is overwhelmingly PS4.

Here is the IGN poll. A few thousand people voted.

Rrelrfg.png

Not really, MS really dropped the ball with DRM.

f4RgDaU.png

I wonder if Microsoft is banking on subsidies. I definitely enjoy Xbox games more than the Sony IP, but man, Sony's 399 price, user upgradable HDD is nice. Microsoft has to make some quick changes here or a lot of people just won't care.

PC without steam origon or uplay. Just the game and nothing else to get in the way.

After watching Microsoft's and Sony's E3 events, I've decided on buying the PS4. I may wait 6 months to a year before buying it but if my friends get it on launch day, then I'll most likely get it too. What made the decision easy for me is the lack of a 24-hour check, upgradeable 500 GB hard drive, cheaper monthly payment for online play and other features, and cheaper launch price ($399 vs. $499).

I can't justify paying more for less with the Xbox One. It's more expensive, an Xbox Live Gold subscription costs more month-to-month than PS Plus, and the only major benefit would be exclusives like Halo 5, Quantum Break, and a couple of other titles that I can't remember right now. I'd rather have a more powerful console that's indie-friendly, that supports Steam, and doesn't restrict the use of used games. Unless you're a die-hard fan of the Halo franchise (and other exclusive franchises), there's really no reason to spend more money on the Xbox One.

• Like 2

I've only ever owned the original PlayStation, after that i was Xbox, Xbox360 but now I wont be buying an Xbone and I would be more likely to buy a PS4 if I do get around to buying one

I wonder if Microsoft is banking on subsidies. I definitely enjoy Xbox games more than the Sony IP, but man, Sony's 399 price, user upgradable HDD is nice. Microsoft has to make some quick changes here or a lot of people just won't care.

+1

I wouldn't be suprised if Sony decided the price because of the rumors of Xbox One price or maybe even their reveal. One of the few things I really like on PS4 that Xbox One is missing is the user upgradable HDD, especially since we don't know how much a "significant part" is when it comes to the OS. It could all from 5gb to 50(unlikely). BUT if MS provides a cheap HDD USB3 chassis to attach on the left side where you insert your own HDD, then it'll be a lot better.

If they also push the 24h limit to 72h(weekend), I can't see any more problems, even though the check-in isn't affecting me. And if that's what it takes to never switch discs on the Xbox One (it seems PS4 may need that when your using disc based games), and to share friends digitally with the "familiy", then I'll take it any day =)

Did the poll just get edited? Some people who voted none (and commented as such) are now showing as both, myself included.

I've got an XBOX at the minute so i was naturally leaning towards the XBOX ONE but after the PS4 announcement it's hard to stick to the XBOX side... my mate text me first thing this morning and said 'HA! Are you still getting an XBOX ONE' (he's a PS fan).. to which i replied 'Absolutely not!' .. I'm sorry Microsoft, there is just no comparison at this stage, for gamers anyway.. However, if what you say is true then i may have to reconsider things, i have a TiVo box and to think of this integrated with the XBOX for gaming then this may sway me back over since i'm not a heavy gamer anyway.

Did the poll just get edited? Some people who voted none (and commented as such) are now showing as both, myself included.

It looks normal to me. It shows you under "None". Also, we can't change who votes what when editing. The only options are to add/remove questions and/or change the poll title and question/choices.

I'll be getting both eventually this go. Titanfall and Quantum Break are ones I'll want right away though, so X1 first.

Sonys...I haven't watched their info yet but there wasn't anything I saw that I even wanted except Avalanches stuff.

Ideally i would get both. Realistically i can only get one though.

My choice will be the PS4.

Here's the deal breaker to me :

Kinect is mandatory and needs to be connected to the console 24/7.

100$ more expensive which means Kinect is not free (i don't care about Kinect i would not mind having it for free but not paying for it).

24 hours phone home (i need to bring my console to my cottage twice a year and i don't have access to internet there).

Can't resell my games on kijiji (that's a big deal breaker here).

I'm not impressed with Sony PS4 launch lineup. But it was the same with the PS3 to be honest. And at the end of the day there's been lot of PS3 games i wanted to play like Journey. I fear the One will end up like the 360. Most exclusive games will eventually be avalaible on PC. Sunset overdrive does look promising. But it's far from enough to make me deal with the One inconveniences. Not being able to play Below will be a shame. I hope Capybara will eventually bring it to Steam or Windows 8 Store (which i'm confident they will). I'm becoming more and more bored with shooters and sequels. While the One launch lineup does look promising i did not see too much rpgs and adventure games (i'll get Witcher 3 on PC). I think MS is really serious about bringing in more diversity to the XBox library this time. But i fear the end result will be more and more shooters with an occasional quirky game in between. MS will need to keep paying for quirky games exclusivity. Will they? Time will tell but if the past is an indication of what the future holds MS will probably drops the ball again and stop caring after a while. I really don't see the big deal about Titanfall. It does look like a good albeit generic multiplayer game but nothig more. Ryse looked promising before i actually see the gameplay in action. BF 4 bah honestly it did not look like a Battlefield game at all but more like a generic shooter. Dead Rising 3 is more of the same. And please just stop with Zombies already. Quantum Break and D4 are intriguing but we did not see enough about those titles to really know how they play and what they really are.

I'm confident Sony will bring enough interesting titles to the PS4 like they eventually did with the PS3. I just can't buy a console that needs to phone home every 24 hours (i need to be able to play offline for 1 week). And i don't care about Kinect. That close the deal for me.

Originally before the Sony presser, i was really thinking i was going to get the XbOne however, after the sony presser i realize of all the games that are xbox exclusive only 1 i want to play (Halo) of the Sony exclusives, there are many, not to mention all the indy support and stuff like that for the PS4 and price of course.

I think one thing that is interesting is that Sony has said MP won't be free any more but no one has completely freaked out about it. It is rare to see a company come out and say "Hey, that thing that used to be free? We're going to charge for it now" and not have it's users go ****in' ballistic.

It looks normal to me. It shows you under "None". Also, we can't change who votes what when editing. The only options are to add/remove questions and/or change the poll title and question/choices.

There was an edit of some sort, for sure. I've voted none (PC FTW!), but after checking a few ago my vote was under both. Had to delete my vote and select none again.

There was an edit of some sort, for sure. I've voted none (PC FTW!), but after checking a few ago my vote was under both. Had to delete my vote and select none again.

Ditto what Pupik said; I edited my vote as well after I posted the question. At the time, the number of votes for that option didn't change, just the text. Not a big deal, just curious if it was an edit or a lack of coffee related act of dumbassery on my part. There were a few others, for example post #2 is still showing as both even though he says none.