CT woman accused of crushing her ex with car

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) ? Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.

Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son. She's detained on $1 million bail.

Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18. She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.

Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown. Brown's family denies that claim.

source

ok.. so he chokes her with a belt so she is obviously free from him in that regard and then drives her car at him killing him? hmm she was in her car, why not drive to the nearest police station?

she'll be convicted probably on that issue.

• 2 months later...

Are people so lazy these days that they don't even come up with a good story when they're killing people? I mean she at least had a chance to make something good up since he abused her all of the time. Instead she claims she was doing it in defense by getting in her car and chasing him down into a wall? Yeah...sounds like self defense to me /sarcasm

If she was in a position to run him down with a car, would she also not be in a position to escape in that car?

Yep, she will likely face charges. It's always advised in self defense situations that if the person is running from you that he is no longer a threat and if you shoot him you'll be in trouble. I'd imagine same would be applied here. I know Docm will come in and tell me how he would/ would be legal to shoot someone fleeing lol but to me and everyone I know we wouldn't do so.