Which Consoles did you have back then (1990s)

1990s Consoles  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which consoles did you own back in the 1990s?

• Neo Geo
    • Sega Saturn
    • Apple Pippin
    • Panasonic 3DO
    • Dreamcast
    • Atari Jaguar
    • Playstation
    • Nintendo 64
    • SNES

Which 1990s console did you own back and remember playing in the 90s? The 1990s was an awesome, big and revolutionary time for game consoles because they were transitioning fron 2D to 3D (not to forget the wars)! There were so many different consoles back then compared to today. We've come along way from memory cards, sticking discs/cartidges in etc!

If you dont see your console here, put it in the reply.

post-455563-0-17292000-1370991647.jpg

I don't know if anyone owned a Panasonic 3DO but it had 3D graphics way before all the other consoles! It cost $700 and really looked like a VCR!

Genesis with the CD drive, still had the NES I think, SNES, N64, Dreamcast.. vaguely remember arguing with a talking fish on that one. Dreamcast was my last "serious" gaming console investment, pretty much ditched the consoles for my own use after that sans two original XBoxes later which were modded to handle XBMC, didn't really game on them.

Master System > Mega Drive > PS1 > DC.

Various types of pong/pac-man handhelds too, but those aren't strictly 90's :p The only handheld I owned from the era was the GBC.

Another public poll?

Always a PC. (Y)

I had a PC too. I still think the 90s were the golden age of PC gaming... except for those stupid "multimedia! let's just fill up all 650mb of the CD with cheesy FMV" games - which is also what Sega CD and 3DO were too.

I remember playing Einhander, Gran Turismo, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Jet Moto, Cool Borders. I also played dozens of PC games too, especially Half-Life!

I remember playing Einhander, Gran Turismo, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Jet Moto, Cool Borders. I also played dozens of PC games too, especially Half-Life!

Dude... those were the days right there man! (Y)

I always got the hand-me-downs, and the Playstation was my very first console that was new in box and all. Before that though, I got an NES when the Sega came out, and the Sega when the N64 came out. Never got to play the SNES unfortunately.

Oh, and a big fat Gameboy! Weirdest gift ever, my grandmother got it for me randomly one day, just sort of this "here you go, it has Tetris..." :p

SNES, Game Boy, SEGA Genesis, N64, Playstation

Man, those are good memories! Used to play video games with my sister for hours on end, just classic :)

Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis

I had a Nintendo 64, but I'm not sure if that was in the 90s, I got it a few years after it was released.

Should probably edit the poll to be multiple choice.. had a good number of options in the 90's and sounds like most here had multiple consoles.

I still think the 90s were the golden age of PC gaming...

Lots of good games in the 90's.. LucasArts, MicroProse, Black Isle, Sierra Online, Interplay, Access Software (Tex Murphy fan here), Looking Glass, Origin, etc etc.. lots of classics put out by these companies.

Always a PC. (Y)

Then you missed out on some of the greatest games ever made.

-----

I had many of them, but my SNES was my favourite.

The 90s was mainly PC gaming at my place and got my console fix at friend's houses. Went from the NES to PS2 with regards to consoles so there was a huge gap there in the middle though consoles have generally took over my gaming needs (with the exception of most shooters which I'll still buy for PC).

Another public poll?

Why do you care that it is a public poll? You're not electing a politician, just voting for a favourite console :p

Sega Genesis - 1992 Christmas - Games: Sonic and there was this shooting game which I've been dying to play for awhile now. Only thing I can remember is the logo being an X and it could be a 2 player game.

Edit: I found it!!! Revolution X was the name.

Sega Dreamcast - Game: House of the Dead 2.

Playstation - Game: Cool Boarders 3, some rally car racing - wasn't much of a PS fan.

I also grew up playing on my friend's N64 and my favorite games were Golden Eye and Conker's Bad Fur Day.