99 replies to this topic

#16 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,604 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:10

WTF?!

If you just listen to just the audio, it does sound like a "rape joke".

If you just listen to just the audio, they were promoting running around making weapons out of random things and kill "people". OMG Microsoft promoting murder!!!

#17 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,275 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:18

This is absurd. It's like suing the clouds because it was rainy today, get a life.. morons.

#18 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,730 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:47

Offended? Not really. But all their attempts at humor were pretty embarrassing though.

#19 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• 2,411 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 'Space Grey' (64GB)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:02

Ah yes, the white knights from the twitterverse faking moral outrage to make it appear they actually give a crap about women's rights when it all is all trying to win brownie points to get laid. Lets not start on the damselling by the feminists where on one side they'll claim to be a 'strong independent woman' whilst demanding that the white knight come to her rescue to protect her from the 'horrible rape joke' that harmed her precious ears.

#20 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,351 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:25

My goodness. When I saw the Killer Instinct demonstration, I didn't think of rape. I saw a scripted demonstration where someone beat someone else with an arcade/fight stick. And in the second round, the person who lost initially ended up winning. I fail to see how a man and a woman, both of whom won one round, reiterates the stereotype that women are bad at playing video games. I also fail to see how talking about the type of controller the man was using and saying something like "Just let it happen, it'll be over soon." was a reference to rape. Would it still be considered a reference to rape to those people on Twitter if it were two men playing? I highly doubt it.

Some women are jumping at the opportunity to claim misogyny because in their eyes, they'd rather see a man get beaten instead of a woman. Why? It's simple, really. If a woman gets beaten by a man, that man is somehow reiterating the stereotype that women are bad at playing video games. But if a woman beats a man, then she's empowering all female gamers because men outnumber women in the gaming world. What about a man beating a man, you ask? Well, in that case... no one gives a damn.

Also, it's funny how they're ignoring the fact that the woman beat the man shortly after she was beaten by him. They're so damn focused on what they think is an awful thing that they'd ignore anything that proves otherwise. It's also sad to see some men blindly defending the woman from something that was blown out of proportion. Women don't need men to defend them on the Internet but for some reason, these men seem to think that they do. And you can bet they're doing it to be seen more positively in the eyes of other feminist women.

I truly feel sorry for the guy that beat the women. He must feel awful and I hope it doesn't affect his future career opportunities. If only this was one big ****ing joke, the world would be a better place.

Anyway, I found one tweet that saved me from a cerebral aneurysm:

#21 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,143 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:30

Microsoft is nailin' it.
:shifty:

#22 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,427 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:54

Posted Image

[yoda voice]inevitable FeministFrequency video coming I sense. Sense of human has she not.[/yodo voice]

#23 pickypg

pickypg

Neowinian

• 1,453 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:06

If only this was one big ****ing joke, the world would be a better place.

The world has proven to be such a politically correct place. The Twitterverse explosion is just pathetic, and it annoys me that anyone faking intelligence would even see anything more than a bad joke.

Quick: everyone prove that you are not a sexist by running to defend a woman because she clearly cannot defend herself over a poorly executed joke that she was in on from the beginning. After all, that exact line has most-certainly never been used by an actor killing someone in an acted out scene...

#24 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:10

The world has proven to be such a politically correct place. The Twitterverse explosion is just pathetic, and it annoys me that anyone faking intelligence would even see anything more than a bad joke.

Quick: everyone prove that you are not a sexist by running to defend a woman because she clearly cannot defend herself over a poorly executed joke that she was in on from the beginning. After all, that exact line has most-certainly never been used by an actor killing someone in an acted out scene...

Especially the time when president obama killed a fly on him and people got all crazy about it. People need to loosen up and stop being uptight about everything.

#25 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,364 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:17

Interesting how some people can't just disagree, they have to go on the "counter offensive" and start attacking women.

#26 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:25

I found this hilarious, this is an example if people being uptight
http://abcnews.go.co...ne-fly-catcher/

#27 UXGaurav

UXGaurav

Tried Classic Shell? It has 15 million+ downloads & growing

• 3,908 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:35

I don't think MS intended any such cheap joke. Some people are just looking to dig dirt.

#28 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,741 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:14

The only thing offensive here is the brainless over-reaction to a bit of really dodgy acting.

#29 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,172 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:03

Interesting how some people can't just disagree, they have to go on the "counter offensive" and start attacking women.

(Y)

A lot of angry men on Neowin, it seems.

#30 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,724 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:21

I watched the conference and it didn't even register. I thought it was trash talk because she was fighting the producer of the game and so the fight would be unfair on her. Didn't she in the end get her own back and beat him anyway and made a joke about it?

It is just people making a mountain out of a mole hill. We have enough of this rubbish in the newspapers and news.

It looks like at the moment everybody is finding an excuse to jump on Microsoft at the moment after the whole DRM thing.