Terminator 5 could film next year

Derek's death was amazing.

I remember that literally being a shock moment, it just happened and we were left thinking "wtf just happened"

Salvation was never a prequel :p It was set in 2018, well after the events of Rise of the Machines but yes i could so agree with you that McG did ruin it to make it PG-13 but then saying that Rise of the Machines was for kids too which ruined it for me.

You know what I mean, a prequel/sequel because we saw the future before and this was kind of somewhere in the middle.

My staff suggestions:

Music: Brad Fiedel

You can't go wrong with the above.

Not possible.

His last major theatrical score was in 1995, and although he enjoyed a brief period of renewed interest following the release of Terminator 3 in 2003, when Marco Beltrami wrote an orchestral arrangement of his theme, he shows no sign of returning to the movie music field.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006075/board/flat/68638427

Totally agree about The Sarah Conor Chronicles - it was a terrific show...arguably better than the last two film combined.

Makes me wonder if T5 could attempt to integrate the story lines of the TV show in some fashion...?

Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't in Tron Legacy. Maybe you mean Terminator Salvation?

I believe he is referring to the face swapping de-aging process used in both movies (although more so in Tron)

Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't in Tron Legacy. Maybe you mean Terminator Salvation?

No i meant they did a good job in Tron Legacy to digitally make a young Jeff Bridges. IF they can improve upon this technology we could have a convincing younger Arnie. Because at his age he can't really play a robot.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms His Terminator 5 Role

"I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in 'Terminator 5' and to star as the Terminator," he says, "...we start shooting in January and I'm also going to do 'King Conan'. To play that role and also to do another 'Twins' movie. I feel very proud of that. I feel very happy and I'm looking forward to doing those films."

Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Be Back for the Fifth Terminator Movie

Four years after the well-intentioned but dull Terminator Salvation, it appears that Skynet?s favorite unstoppable killing machine ? literally ? will once again make good on its promise to be back with new reports emerging of a brand new Terminator movie to start production in January of next year. What?s more, the original Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced that he will starring in the next iteration of the long-running franchise.

?I?m very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star as the Terminator, which we start shooting in January,? said Schwarzenegger at the 21st Century Financial Education Summit in Sydney, Australia.

More details of the fifth installment in the once-popular science fiction franchise are also emerging online. Deadline Hollywood reports that the movie will be a co-production between Paramount Pictures, Megan Ellison?s Annapurna Pictures production company, which purchased the rights to the franchise for $20 million in 2011, her brother David Ellison?s Skydance Productions, with each partner funding a third of the costs for the movie.

The combination of both Ellisons is an interesting one. Megan?s Annapurna Pictures has tended to focus on more highbrow fare like Paul Thomas Anderson?s The Master and Kathryn Bigelow?s Zero Dark Thirty, while Skydance was the production company behind big budget successes like Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Star Trek Into Darkness. Does the partnership between both companies suggest that the final product will satisfy both critics and the summer box office?

Well, perhaps. Last anyone heard, the script was being written by the minds that brought you Avatar, Shutter Island and My Bloody Valentine, after all. And two names have been repeatedly mentioned in connection with the director?s gig for the new movie ? Fast and Furious franchise kingpin Justin Lin and Zero Dark Thirty?s Kathryn Bigelow ? though it?s not certain whether either one is involved with the project.

Nevertheless, the Ellisons and Paramount need to find the right director ? or really, any director ? quickly. According to both Schwarzenegger and other sources, the movie is slated to start filming in January of next year, and time really is of the essence in this case; in less than six years, copyright law will mean that the rights to the Terminator franchise will revert back to creator James Cameron in 2019, 35 years after the first Terminator movie.

With an early 2014 start date, the earliest we?ll see a big budget Terminator 5 in theaters is summer 2015, meaning at most two more movies before Cameron steps in to take charge of what may remain his most well-known creation. Given the lackluster response to Terminator Salvation ? or, for that matter, Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines, the other non-Cameron movie in the series ? perhaps that would be for the best. Skynet?s schemes seem to work best when its creator is in charge, after all.

Source: Wired

After meeting with him yesterday, I must say I have renewed happiness for this news! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it... Arnold is too "old" looking, are they going to make it as if the robots went thru some real aging process for him to play one?

As for Dwayne playing - I just don't see how he's going to work in the time to do so when him getting ready to work on FF7 already in pre-production phase AND now just announced - Journey 3: From the Earth to the Moon