iOS 7 Beta - Insights and Experiences

iOS 7 Beta   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Have you installed the Beta yet?

• Yes
    • No - Will never install it
    • No - Plan to install it soon enough
  2. 2. If you like it, what is that you like the most?

• Icons
    • Control Center
    • Typography
    • Lockscreen
    • Notification Center
    • Interface Elements - Buttons
    • It's Fresh, New and Cool!
    • Difficult to say right now
  3. 3. If you don't like it, what is itching you the most?

Liking it much more now, however, still thing the animations need to be quicker. You can still open an app quicker on IOS 6.

For some reason I doubt that Apple is going to speed them up at all :(.  The one that really annoys me because it is too long is when you go from the lock screen to the home screen (no open app already).  It looks pretty and has a nice "wow" effect when you are first playing around with it, but that quickly wares off (on me anyway).

My phone does feel warmer compared to b5, but the battery life seems about the same.

I can't say definitively yet.  It could be that I associate warm phone with draining battery...At the end of the work day I'm usually at 65-70% and now I'm at 55%... could just be my statistical error.  I'll know more after a few days.

Since beta 5, the clicking sound when unlocking the phone is gone. When locking the phone the sound is still there, just unlock. Anyone else have this problem?

For some reason I doubt that Apple is going to speed them up at all :(.  The one that really annoys me because it is too long is when you go from the lock screen to the home screen (no open app already).  It looks pretty and has a nice "wow" effect when you are first playing around with it, but that quickly wares off (on me anyway).

Yeah. I think when it comes out and I jailbreak again, the first thing I'll do is install %hookslaw. I had this on iOS 6, so it's even worse for me going to iOS 7.

Since beta 5, the clicking sound when unlocking the phone is gone. When locking the phone the sound is still there, just unlock. Anyone else have this problem?

I've had this also.

No unlock sound here for me either.

iOS 7 beta 7 existence denied

Those of you waiting for an iOS 7 beta 7 download to go live might be disappointed if the latest claims are correct, which apparently come from inside sources stating the program is complete.

We have already touched on the chances of an iOS 7 beta 7 release one day this week and how there was a big gap until the expected Gold Master release date of September 10. We should note that some exclusive Apple partners would likely see the final build a few days before developers get hands-on.

Today, we stumbled across this article that went live shortly after beta 6 became available. This page might have been translated from German, but it clearly points to no iOS 7 beta 7 even though some of us hope for a release date somewhere between now and the start of September.

One of the reasons a few developers and analysts expected iOS 7 beta 7 was due to the tiny install size, and how Apple normally deliver a large number of bug fixes in a final beta.

So, there you have it Phones Review readers. One relatively known blog claiming there will be no more betas and telling us not to expect iOS 7 beta 7. Do you think that is it, or are there too many problems still within iOS 7 beta 6 to warrant beta 7 before the Gold Master launches next month?

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Something wrong remains with the bluetooth playback. When I'm listening to Spotify (bluetooth connection) in my car and the phone starts ringen. Spotify stops playing, the iPod app starts playing and the person at the other side of the line can hear my music. :lol:

About the only difference I've seen so far from Beta 6 -> GM on my iPhone 5:

* New ringtones

* Asking Siri to navigate me somewhere actually works right

* I can edit the "me" contact without the contacts app crashing

Something wrong remains with the bluetooth playback. When I'm listening to Spotify (bluetooth connection) in my car and the phone starts ringen. Spotify stops playing, the iPod app starts playing and the person at the other side of the line can hear my music. :lol:

The moment I posted this the issue was resolved. Nice! :lol:

About the only difference I've seen so far from Beta 6 -> GM on my iPhone 5:

* New ringtones

* Asking Siri to navigate me somewhere actually works right

* I can edit the "me" contact without the contacts app crashing

Also, there's a handful of dynamic and still wallpapers included by default now.

They've also changed the sound the phone makes when plug in your phone to charge it. The sound when starting Siri is altered as well.

Edit: The locking sound has changed as well, it has an echo to it now.

Does any one have hashes for the different ios7 GM versions?

A1429 GM for iPhone 5:

MD5: ff2707f95282f44ac10b0e68fc2a49c7

SHA-1: 137e2031a4c03b5da2e05bf33b2741883131371c

Well I installed this on my iPad 2 .. it's very nice, although I never had any doubt it wouldn't be. I do like the new UI. Has anyone noticed the 3D effect on the home screen when moving the ipad around?

It's parallax and was shown a lot during WWDC/iOS 7 promos. It's not enabled on the 4S, IIRC.

Not on the 4, but should be enabled for the 4S.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I installed this on my iPad 2 .. it's very nice, although I never had any doubt it wouldn't be. I do like the new UI. Has anyone noticed the 3D effect on the home screen when moving the ipad around?

I did (friend's iPad got the update last night - she asked me to update it for her, since I'm her IT geek). I'm actually more impressed with iOS 7 on an iPad than I was on a same-vintage iPhone 4 - further, both BT and wireless-N performance are improved over iOS 5 or 6 (her third-party keyboard connected to the Pad via BT, and the router connection is N to either her router or mine - both of us have wireless-N routers).

Is it just me, or is changing the brightness on iPad using the control center kind of a pain?  The majority of the screen "dims" down when the control center is up.  It's bring up the control center, adjust brightness, close control center, see if that works for me, nope, return to control center, adjust brightness... kind of a fiasco. 

It isn't an issue on iPhone because of the auto brightness control and the fact that the control center takes up the majority of the screen (and it isn't "dimmed").