Help me name my business!

Question

Hello and Peace!

I am starting my own small business of ad designing, what basically I will do is design the advertisements of products of companies which they would then print on magazines, newspapers for marketing.

Now I am stuck on to name the business. So what I want is to read the names of already-established businesses of the same category, just to get the idea.

Waiting for the responses!

Can anyone think of any creative names for a web development agency? I'm not very good with this sort of stuff, i've wasted a fortune on domains then to decide i don't like it.. seems to be some good names in here so.. any suggestions?

I thought again and this time I thought something different, not to use any name nor use any of ADVERTISING, INTERACTIVE, etc. Just a name or a word for my business. So I am thinking about this:

EDGE
Designing & Advertising Services

What are your thoughts? Please reply!

How are you supposed to be designing ads if you can't even make up your own company name? :wacko:

He's designing advertisements, not branding companies.

He's designing advertisements, not branding companies.

Branding is part of the advertisement process. What if a client that doesn't have any branding ( name, corporate logo, slogan, etc.) comes to him?

Also, his description of what he'll to is not clear at all. Will he design the actual advertisements (as in, using Photoshop, Illustrator etc.), or will he just write the description how he envisions the advertisement to look and someone else will do it? Or will he just write the text for advertisement, which is basically just copywriting ?

Whatever he does, he should start from himself, as he was a client. And if he doesn't know how to do that, how will he work with clients (especially under pressure of deadlines etc.) ?

Branding is part of the advertisement process. What if a client that doesn't have any branding ( name, corporate logo, slogan, etc.) comes to him?

We're only talking about the name here.. I'm a designer myself, clients come to me with their briefs which usually involves a business name,an idea etc.. i'll then design a flyer, at no stage in a process has someone asked me to come up with a business name for them.

Of course they may not have a logo or a slogan, and i'll design logo's and offer advice if something comes to me, but i am a designer.. i don't think up business names. if a client asks me to i'd probably try to advise and offer some suggestions but i wouldn't take on work that actually required naming someone elses business.

We're only talking about the name here.. I'm a designer myself, clients come to me with their briefs which usually involves a business name,an idea etc.. i'll then design a flyer, at no stage in a process has someone asked me to come up with a business name for them.

Of course they may not have a logo or a slogan, and i'll design logo's and offer advice if something comes to me, but i am a designer.. i don't think up business names. if a client asks me to i'd probably try to advise and offer some suggestions but i wouldn't take on work that actually required naming someone elses business.

The way he described his "would-be" job sounded like it involves copywriting too. Especially since his tagline is "Designing & Advertising Services". Desigining is ...well, designing :)  . Advertising, besides thinking of a branding strategy, includes copywriting which includes thinking of names/taglines etc.

I must have missed his tag line, i'm just going off his description:

"I am starting my own small business of ad designing, what basically I will do is design the advertisements of products of companies which they would then print on magazines, newspapers for marketing."

This tells me he's a designer, yes he's working in advertising, sort of, so it's a little ironic he can't come up with a business name, but not unusual if he is infact just a designer.. i'm a designer myself, anyone who approaches me already has a company or an idea.. I wouldn't be able to take on work that required me to come up with a business name for someone, logo's n stuff yes but not the actual name.

yes he's working in advertising, sort of, so it's a little ironic he can't come up with a business name, but not unusual if he is infact just a designer

In which case he shouldn't even offer advertising services, just desigining one's ;)

• Like 1

as always good name should be matched to target audience.

if the target for your business is fellow pakistani? go with arabic names they will fall for it

is your target is chinese? design name with good fengshui numerical calculation on it.

is your business target is european or westerner in mind? get a modern sounding name.