• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:15

And this is one of the biggest issues with everything MS is doing and why a decent amount of gamers are not happy with them... The wording is purposefully vague and at the same time purposefully convoluted. That is no easy task to pull off. MS definitely has some good lawyers. :laugh:

The way I read the family member thing is this.
The "master" account in the house has a Gold Live sub.
9 subaccounts can be under that master account, and play whatever games are tied to that Master Account.
If the master account signs in on another console, no other sub accounts can be active.

There is no way 1 person can purchase a game, then put 9 "family members" under their account, and all 9 of those people can play that game at any given time, and / or even at the same time?

#32 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:20

And this is one of the biggest issues with everything MS is doing and why a decent amount of gamers are not happy with them... The wording is purposefully vague and at the same time purposefully convoluted. That is no easy task to pull off. MS definitely has some good lawyers. :laugh:

The way I read the family member thing is this.
The "master" account in the house has a Gold Live sub.
9 subaccounts can be under that master account, and play whatever games are tied to that Master Account.
If the master account signs in on another console, no other sub accounts can be active.

There is no way 1 person can purchase a game, then put 9 "family members" under their account, and all 9 of those people can play that game at any given time, and / or even at the same time?

That sub account thing would be for share your Gold account with family sub accounts on the same system. The 10 member sharing says that it's not tied to the main console, those 10 can login from any Xbox and still have access to your shared library. You also don't have to be logged in for them to share, you could be away on vacation and not have played for a month and they'd still have access, unless the power went out back at your place and the X1 couldn't get online to do it's security check.

This is why I think people are still mixing up the different parts together. We'll need to see it in action to really understand it. Still, even if it's limited to one of the 10 members being able to play a shared game at a time while you can still play like normal then I'd say that's fine as well. If it's the other way and it's just limited to one player per game but the other 9 can play other games just not 2 playing the same one game at the same time then even better.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!