win8

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:34

Why settle with anything less than the Windows 3.0's Hotdog stand theme?
Posted Image

My eyes! They're burning with the intensity of one thousand suns!

#17 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:47

Hello,

I took a look at this message thread, and Jetta48's response in it, which was to ask for information on how to reproduce the issue.

In many cases, when you are dealing with a support issue over the phone or via email (or a forum), you have no idea what the customer is seeing on the screen, they use their own unique vocabulary to describe things, etc. Without being able to remote in, it can be pretty difficult to determine exactly what a problem is, especially when talking about user interface elements, as opposed to something fairly concrete like an error message and the events leading up to it, presented in a step-by-step fashion. Jetta48's reply attempting to get more information from the user seems to be the correct approach to me.

I became a Microsoft MVP at the beginning of 2005. At that point, I had spent 20 hours/week for three years on a third-party support forum helping answer questions there, as well as being an active contributor on about a dozen mailing lists (maybe another 10-15 hours a week) going back to the early 1990s. So, basically, what Microsoft is looking for is several years of consistently providing good advice.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

It's a baffling design choice. I normally use a darker color scheme, but had to give them up for my Windows 8 virtual machines.

EDIT: What exactly does it take to become an MVP? If it's anything more than writing your name on a piece of paper and sending it to Microsoft, that guy might have cheated.

#18 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:10

Use an actual dark theme and don't just use the lazy slider. Black, really? They shouldn't allow it, its garish legacy code that needed to be eliminated for progress!

Use the official themes and like it. 'Tweaking' your UI is so 2000, move on, whiners.
/s

#19 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:15

As a developer I support the position that this is a feature and in no way a bug...and ill tell you that right the way till my boss understands the issue and forces me to go back and chnage it :p

#20 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:17

Reminded me of this.

Attached Images

• bug-feature.jpg

#21 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 19:13

I have the same issue:

Attached Images

• WheresTheTextGone.jpg

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!