My mind just got blown....

Wish I could try it out just for couple of hours I have a simple home cinema system nothing fancy in my small flat so I can compare.

I be worried it may not good to wear for long periods may give me eye strain or headaches.

did i understand this correctly?   it's just like one of those stereogram pictures that fools your eyes/brain into seeing 3D?

You need to use a head mounted display such as the Oculus Rift which immerses you into the experience, giving you perception of actually being inside of the game/application.

Having your own private Cinema in a box is a very interesting idea which is coming to fruition.

yea!  kind of like at DisneyQuest in orlando.  they have a cool light saber thing that you fight another person with that type of 3d thing on your head, and an alladin ride where you fly around the city on a magic carpet.

some people get really motion sick when they do it, but it didn't bother me much

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Looks good

Off topic question, but how did you get the youtube vid to work?

I posted one on the video thread and no matter how many different attempts (share, embed etc...) I couldn't...

If I were a transformer, my name would be Occulus Rift!

Like!

This might just be the most useless thing I have seen today.

Dislike

Then count me in on whatever it is your doing! Because this looks both awesome and extremely useful.

agreed unless you are 5 years old and high on chocolate ROFL gaping mouth, pounding heart, drooling saliva... mental asylum..you get the picture.

agreed unless you are 5 years old and high on chocolate ROFL gaping mouth, pounding heart, drooling saliva... mental asylum..you get the picture.

So, you're saying that, (quite possibly) the most important innovation in how we interact with digital medium in the last decade (and then some) is only useful to a tachycardic 5 year old hopped up on theobromine with an obvious neurological disorder who is also currently locked up in a mental facility? 

Did they mentioned that demographic when they were awarded the $16M investment recently; perhaps they just skimmed over that part....

I don't know how I'm in the same Species as some of the people I come across.... Truly baffling.

So, you're saying that, (quite possibly) the most important innovation in how we interact with digital medium in the last decade (and then some) is only useful to a tachycardic 5 year old hopped up on theobromine with an obvious neurological disorder who is also currently locked up in a mental facility? 

Did they mentioned that demographic when they were awarded the $16M investment recently; perhaps they just skimmed over that part....

I don't know how I'm in the same Species as some of the people I come across.... Truly baffling.

a temporary hormonal and neurologcal aberration due to the supposed $16 M innovation mimicking a 5 yr old high on theobromine, the whole scenario resembling a person in a mental asylum..

truly baffling how people pay to become that person for just a bit!

a temporary hormonal and neurologcal aberration due to the supposed $16 M innovation mimicking a 5 yr old high on theobromine, the whole scenario resembling a person in a mental asylum..

I have to admit, this made me giggle slightly.

• Like 2

I thought we only allowed English here. :P

• Like 1