Photo

Sony Playstation is not innovating

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#46 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:18

It's surprising to see some people just eat up any positive spin Microsoft put on their DRM policies. It will be because of these people that our future generations will get comfortable with all the restrictions. Maybe Sony will give in and PS5 will have similar draconian measures. I see a sad future.

#47 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:20

It's surprising to see some people just eat up any positive spin Microsoft put on their DRM policies. It will be because of these people that our future generations will get comfortable with all the restrictions. Maybe Sony will give in and PS5 will have similar draconian measures. I see a sad future.

Lol. You make it sound like it's the end of the world. It's just a freaking gaming console.

#48 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:21

People don't care as long as they can sit on their fat ass and not have to get up to switch a disc if they want to change game, or can save money by sharing their collection with their friends family.

#49 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:28

#50 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:28

Enhanced TV Experience is not innovative, Google TV did it long before XB1.
Kinect is not innovative, consoles have had cameras and motion controllers since 2004
Apps that run on other systems aren't innovative iPad has had that for years
Cloud computing isn't innovative PC has had that for years
Smartglass isn't innovative, see iPad
Snap view isn't innovative, PCs have been able to run more than one app side by side since eternity
Sharing games isnt innovative, people can share discs

See what I did there?

Did you read what I said?

(No, I don't consider either console to be particularly innovative but that hypervisor on X1 looks sweet)

P.s. Google TV was not the first either. It was WebTV. Read up.

#51 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:32

#52 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:34

Well, this fat ass just ignored you. Your views and opinions are not worth seeing on this forum anymore.

Ignored so much you replied to him? :s The rest of us don't care who you ignore.

What kind of innovations were people expecting, anyway? This topic if pure flamebait...and isn't posted in the right area. It's like it was deliberately posted out here where plenty of people would see it so the likelihood of an argument would break out. I thought the mods were going to start handing out warnings and temp bannings from GH for this kind of stuff.

#53 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:37

The problem is that the mods have done nothing about it for so long lots of people are going over the top including me, if they ban one person they would have to ban a dozen more making this place dead.

#54 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:39

Ignored so much you replied to him? :s The rest of us don't care who you ignore.

I edited the post.

#55 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40

I edited mine out also.

#56 yardmanflex

yardmanflex

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:42

Im playing games on my console not watching tv, i have a tv for that.

Well i do both..being able to check the score of a game will playing a game is great.

#57 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:43

The problem is that the mods have done nothing about it for so long lots of people are going over the top including me, if they ban one person they would have to ban a dozen more making this place dead.

\

I'm going to try to post other news to distract from all of this bickering.

#58 Graimer

Graimer

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:58

Your right that OP "forgot" the PS4 features. The PS4 has some great features, but...

The Xbox One has the ability to play games in the progress of being downloaded?

"With Xbox One, you can start playing immediately as games install." They just say install, so I'm not sure if that's only disc-based install or digital. I would be suprised if it wasn't both.

The ability to stream video games to a Tablet or in Sony's case the Vita?

That's powered by Gaikai-software isn't it? They're just using the owners PS4 as a "gaikai-server" for the remote player/vita. So he kinda got you there by saying "apart from Gaikai.." ^^

The TV features he notes for MIcrosoft, Sony also have in the form of the entire Sony pictures catalog of TV series and movies.
He is clearly coming from a point of bias.

I'm sorry, but those features aren't comparable from my point of view. Sony is bringing streaming of their catalog to the console. That already exists with hulu, netflix etc. on both consoles. It's just that Sony is giving access to their media themselves. Microsoft is adding support for live tv, with ex. "xbox watch Days of our Lives" instead of finding the channel etc. That's new.

People don't care as long as they can sit on their fat ass and not have to get up to switch a disc if they want to change game, or can save money by sharing their collection with their friends family.

For me it's more about being able to have the discs for fast installation, but not having to have them nearby. So after I install them I could put them in a box in my office to keep the living room clean. Being able to do matchmaking while playing another game is also a big benefit, as I hate loading/searching screens ^^

And FYI: insulting people who doesn't agree with you is just unnecessary. grow up.

Btw, can anyone tell me where the PS4's intake vents is? Every vent I can find is on the back, and if you put it in a shelf it would get hot as hell. I'm not saying the design wouldn't work, I'm just suprised. Smaller case and less ventilation with more GPU parts and higher freq. memory. I would guess it would need an intake, but I'm no product designer/engineer.

#59 OP Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:16

Honestly, I made the wrong title for the discussion I wanted to have. I should have (and trying to change, don't know why I can't, I'll figure it out and try to change it) said what are the areas in which each company is innovating and then gave my opinion on what I believe Sony isn't/is doing. Like I said before, I was trying to make it a flamebait article. That wasn't my purpose. Thanks to all the people who still ignored about being civil and name calling, and still going on about "policy" stuff /s. But an honest thank you to the people who are talking about "innovation." Yes, we have difference of opinion on what are innovations and that's what my true purpose of my post.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings over the matter.

#60 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:18

No mandatory DRM enforcement, no mandatory connectivity needs, 50% more GPU power, faster video RAM... Well someone from this generation is refusing to innovate but it isn't Sony.