Sony Playstation is not innovating

Yeah you do but if they are family or friends it shouldn't matter?

ok I hear that. but what about the list I posted. what am I missing on the PS4 side of things since you're all Playstation you must see something I'm missing over that side.

edit: thinking about it, if you're talking about account sharing then you can just share you account details on the xbox with friends and family so they can play all your games and thing right? and this would be for all games and content not just thought bought on psn/xbox live right?

Yeah you do but if they are family or friends it shouldn't matter?

Aren't both sony and ms account linked to media-services too? On MS it's a live account which gives access to mail, skydrive, media etc. And they are usually linked to credit-cards too. I trust my friends and family, but some things are private, and I like the ability to share with a friend I don't trust my life with too.

There's a reason why they don't do it, live TV watching is on the decline and has been for years, more and more people are consuming their internet on demand and downloads from amazon, itunes, etc.. people buy consoles to play games.

consoles are on the decline,have you seen the latest gaming numbers? looks pretty grim. I guess consoles and entertainment boxes shouldn't be made,i mean people already have gaming on their mobile devices. DURRRRRR. see what illogical statements sounds like?

And there are over 100 million tv subscribers in the U.S alone,for you to dismiss it is pretty sad since you cannot come up with a valid counterargument,just like the graphics performance thing. keep dodging it,because you were the one saying just wait. well we waited,and now you wont acknowledge it.

• Like 1

Um. How is $5 per month $50 Yearly?

$5/mo if you get a 3 month pass.

It's $50 if you get a year pass.

Google is hard.

The PlayStation Plus service will remain the same price at the launch of the PlayStation 4. SCE America VP of Publisher & Developer Relations Adam Boyes confirmed to Joystiq during a roundtable that the price will remain $50 annually in North America. Boyes also said "all video services [on the PS4] will be outside of Plus," meaning that services like Netflix and Hulu won't require Plus.

as far as I know you have to give account details to share online content on the ps3. you can install to 5 now 3 different ps3s but it can only be used on 1, not one at a time, but only 1. only psn downloaded content.

Not sure what you mean here, but once you download something on a PS3, all account users on that console can use it (as long as the account that downloaded it is active on that console -- if you deactivate that account on the console, you can't use it).

For instance, for a short time we had a gamesharing account with a few other people.on here called neoshare. We'd rotate buying some decent PSN games, then all would get to download and play from their personal accounts. But if you deleted neoshare from your PS3, you lost access to the games we all downloaded.

I agree, the PS4 isn't innovating much.. Sony played the game of praising itself for being an upgrade to the PS3 that is stuck using disks because that is what people "Want".

Microsoft on the other hand is pushing software to new limits, integrating Kinect deeply for better experiences and using the cloud to do some cool stuff. Sure, it requires always on in essence to get the best experience but hey, this is 2013. I'll have google fiber next year, do you think I want to be shuffling disks around to play on my console? nope..

Just wait till Sony get fed up of providing this cloud based backwards compatibility. I can see the PS4 becoming another PS3, where they tout it as being a jack of all, then slowly remove all its features over time. The PS3 started out with OtherOS, card readers, PS1, PS2 compatibility, eventually it lost most of that as well as most of its USB ports, so just wait until Gaikai disappears too. Gaikai isn't even going to work until 2014!

After all the feature-removing stunts they pulled with PS3, I don't trust 'em one bit. Sony had the balls to mock Microsoft when several versions of the 360 were released, they then had the hypocrisy of doing it themselves with the PS3 as well as removing features! Their feature removal stunts, rootkit crap, and OtherOS fiasco, plus doing nothing but eventually making the PS3 a cheap plastic pile of junk with the SuperSlim have put me well off their stuff for good. They are good at telling you what you want to hear, but they won't maintain these "promises".

They're like politicians, they are all mouth no trousers :)

if you want to use these amazing innovative features pointed out by sony fans, such as the gaikai streaming,or remote play,and whatever else, guess what, you need to always be connected. take the connection out and what do you have? can you tell me? just a game console with updated graphics. that's all. you guys are promoting all these features,and they all require an internet connection,yet you knock xbox for only requiring you to sign in once a day to sync your licenses. ironic.

it means nothing when the games presented didn't show any advantages graphically over xbox one, but had massive performance and framerate issues.

finally some one else noticed it :)

Didn't realise it was classified an "excuse" when unfinished software is shown off and had hiccups. It only happened with AC4 Black Flag. XB1 had noticeably worse graphics and stuttering framerates, audio issues and BF4 crashed. You guys aren't even mentioning them.

See what I mean. :rolleyes:

Umm..what's wrong with those graphics?

Don't forget requiring all games to support Vita remote play. Meaning you can play your PS4 games anywhere you have Wifi. Also instant boot.

I'm for one excited that I can play PS4 games remotely while I'm on the PC or in bed or on the toilet.

Correction they said LOCAL wifi so its a WiiU controller. Xbox will also let you use tablets.

Also Gaikai seems cool and is innovative to me. Though it does not include ps4 games obviously and its not coming out till 2014 and its also being released on ps3 as well so i wont need a ps4 for that since i own a ps3. I will get a ps4 at some point but only after theres a few games I really want that i cant get else where. The share button would be cool for some.

The xbox has kinect which has been beefed up and made mandatory so it wont be a waste of time for developers to add new dimensions to their games beyond just using the controller without making every kinect game just about jumping around.

Also the family share thing is awesome for me. As well as teh TV. I realize for younger people especially the TV stuff is almost useless but for people old enough to have their own place its nice to just have your TV, XboxOne, Stereo. Right now I have tv, xbox, wiiu, satellite/dvr , ps3 for bluray, stereo, and mediacenter pc. and thats a crap ton of wires and inputs. I only hope the xboxone acting as my satellite receiver is fast. The wiiu tvii stuff is slow as crap I never use it.

Correction they said LOCAL wifi

I wonder if the local wifi will have a greater range than the Wii U gamepad.

Xbox fan thinks XB1 is amazing? Yeah I noticed.

I don't want a PlayStation 4 with massive performance and framerate issues

What performance and framerate issues, I watched ALL of the conferences. The only problems I saw were AC4 in the Sony conference stuttering a bit.

i did too, I like it when the guy was playing AC: Black flag and they had to stop the demo because of it...and buy the way the guy had his head down and shaking it.......priceless :)

I loved it in the Microsoft conference when audio kept dropping out, bad graphics and stuttering framerates especially in Ryse and BF4 crashed and it took them a few minutes to sort it out. But yeah Sony sucks because a multiplatform game stuttered a bit lolololololol

agread but i think BF4 was only a video not game play, and i cant see a difference in graphics in either boxes :)

Can you guys please stay on the topic of innovation and not into what happened with game demos in E3. Stuff like that happens with demos...that's why it's a demo. It's a work in progress. Thanks.

• Like 3

I wonder if the local wifi will have a greater range than the Wii U gamepad.

I am sure it will depending on your wifi setup i guess but more than likely. I never had a problem with my wii u gamepad besides the horrible battery. Again for someone like me I dont really for see me going into another room to play killzone on my vita.

Can you guys please stay on the topic of innovation and not into what happened with game demos in E3. Stuff like that happens with demos...that's why it's a demo. It's a work in progress. Thanks.

ok...Im sorry you right :)

I forgot to mention though i would not call it innovative as others have done it but going all digital without need for disc is a godsend for me. I hate having 50 disc in my entertainment center. I hope ps4 lets you get all ps4 games from the psn store. Just like for the wiiu I have not bought any games at the store since all are available through the wiiu store.

Not sure what you mean here, but once you download something on a PS3, all account users on that console can use it (as long as the account that downloaded it is active on that console -- if you deactivate that account on the console, you can't use it).

For instance, for a short time we had a gamesharing account with a few other people.on here called neoshare. We'd rotate buying some decent PSN games, then all would get to download and play from their personal accounts. But if you deleted neoshare from your PS3, you lost access to the games we all downloaded.

Maybe if you re-read what I said you would understand it, other people understood what I said not sure how you didn't. (Not trying to be snarky or anything). Also what you describe isn't content sharing, it's more akin to "account sharing". Microsoft also said that every account on an Xbox would benefit from all content no matter who downloaded it. And if a gold member is on an Xbox all other account on it also benefit from that. Is that the same on psn? Does all accounts benefit from just one psn+ account?

Xbox fan thinks XB1 is amazing? Yeah I noticed.

Lol, you're side stepping the issue. I'm sure you know.

Didn't realise it was classified an "excuse" when unfinished software is shown off and had hiccups. It only happened with AC4 Black Flag. XB1 had noticeably worse graphics and stuttering framerates, audio issues and BF4 crashed. You guys aren't even mentioning them.

Look at those amazing graphics.

I said show me better graphics on PS4 than what xbox one showed,which was what you were trying to sell us. Instead we saw massive performance issues,and nothing better than anything we've seen on xbox. and if you only think it happened with AC4, you weren't even paying attention. Just look at the game right after it. Yes the games might still be in development, it goes both ways, and Xbox surely didn't have that bad issues graphically during the presentation. The whole thing is underwhelming because some people tried their hardest to sell us snake oil.

• Like 1

is it Wifi or Wifi Direct?

I dont think its been confirmed but from I could find it seems to be wifi direct

The ps vita doesn't have wifi-direct and neither is the ps4. So no its not wifi direct.

Xbox one has wifi direct.