7 replies to this topic

#1 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,063 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:47

Posted Image

Apple could be looking to buttress its iPhone range considerably over the next year by adding larger 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch models and a cheaper, $99 handset with a wider range of colors, according to sources from Reuters. The media outlet added that the moves are still under discussion, but represent an attempt to gain back share from arch-competitor Samsung, which has flooded the market with so-called phablets like the Galaxy Note II along with a wide range of inexpensive handsets -- neither of which Apple currently makes. That jibes with earlier rumors of a budget, plastic-bodied iPhone, and CEO Tim Cook didn't exactly deny it when asked if the company was interested in large-screen phones. Still, the manufacturing sources said it's unclear whether the company will actually proceed with any of those plans -- meaning the information should be taken with a very large dose of salt.

http://www.engadget....7-inch-iphones/

#2 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

• 1,484 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:30

Can't innovate any more my ass

#3 typu

typu

Neowinian

• 377 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:53

will be interesting to see if they can keep up the quality through all devices and the performance of the software. especially the low budget version.

#4 singularity87

singularity87

Neowinian

• 449 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:14

iOS 7 is supposed to run on the iPhone 4. I wouldn't be surprised if the $99 version were a re-tooled version of that handset - in which case I imagine performance would be fine. I don't know what all this new graphical stuff will mean for that though (transparency etc).

#5 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,808 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:39

Can't innovate any more my ass

Copying what others are currently doing is not innovating.

#6 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,195 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:49

Christ, here we go with everyone misusing the word "innovate" and utilizing each and everyone's own idea to what they "think" it means. :sleep2:

Anyway, if Apple can release some bigger phones and hopefully not stop too short on iOS7's development, they can easily pick up the slack. I hope they do too, as I'm realizing how much I'm missing gaming while being on the Android platform. (without emulators at least, that's still something I need to give a go)

#7 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,808 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:53

^ There are thousands of games on the Android platform, many of them excellently written. Try some.

#8 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

• 7,097 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:56

Christ, here we go with everyone misusing the word "innovate" and utilizing each and everyone's own idea to what they "think" it means. :sleep2:

Anyway, if Apple can release some bigger phones and hopefully not stop too short on iOS7's development, they can easily pick up the slack. I hope they do too, as I'm realizing how much I'm missing gaming while being on the Android platform. (without emulators at least, that's still something I need to give a go)

I know the depth of library on Android isn't AS big as iOS... but Android still has a lot of quality games out there.