Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joni_78

Joni_78

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:01

How do I connect three monitors in one computer? I have three 21,5" monitors with 1x DVI, 1x VGA and 1x Displayport. I would like to connect those into a laptop that has ATI HD 7570M, 1x VGA, 1x DVI and 1x Displayport.

I'm really confused about the different methods that I found on google, daisy-chaining, Club3D MST Hub, usb hubs etc. What would be the best way to connect these?

Best Answer este , 13 June 2013 - 14:48

But how do I connect those, wouldn't I need to have three displayport connectors in the notebook?

No, if your monitors also have 1x VGA, 1x DVI and 1x Displayport (just like you said your laptop has) then just use one of those on each of the 3 monitors. Go to the full post

#2 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:05

If the laptop and monitors have the same 3 connections, which from your post they do, then you can just use AMD Eyefinity, which is just part of the drivers for the card, with that you can have up to 6 displays (connections dependant)
Should be accessible through the driver software itself, or just in Windows settings
Win 7: right click desktop -> screen resolution -> and use the multiple displays dropdown to extend them all.

#3 OP Joni_78

Joni_78

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:44

If the laptop and monitors have the same 3 connections, which from your post they do, then you can just use AMD Eyefinity, which is just part of the drivers for the card, with that you can have up to 6 displays (connections dependant)
Should be accessible through the driver software itself, or just in Windows settings
Win 7: right click desktop -> screen resolution -> and use the multiple displays dropdown to extend them all.

But how do I connect those, wouldn't I need to have three displayport connectors in the notebook?

#4 este

este

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:48   Best Answer

No, if your monitors also have 1x VGA, 1x DVI and 1x Displayport (just like you said your laptop has) then just use one of those on each of the 3 monitors.

#5 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:49

nvm someone else answered

Edited by ashpowell, 13 June 2013 - 14:49.

#6 OP Joni_78

Joni_78

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:54

Ok, thanks :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!