What GPU Should i get?

I'm amazed with your Crysis 2 results - patched up with the HD textures/DX11 etc that game officially benches like this:

http://hexus.net/tec...670-ftw/?page=6

Your average is actually above a 690 (i.e. SLI) ?

That correlates with my experience - for that game I *need* SLI with everything turned up! A 680 is managing a mere 36FPS by comparison? :s

Looked into the results beating the 690 card and ran a benchmark and it seems other 670's beat the 690 too, I guess it all depends on how much you overclock:

jrtS4Uy.jpg

Looks to me like SLI isn't working at all there since it's practically the same as a single GPU (the 680).   At 15% faster than a stock 680 you're still a long way off SLI - as per that original bench the 690 is double that of an overclocked 670 at 1600p which is a fair comparison.  Can't say i've used that bench though - I prefer gaming benchmarks. 

Something doesn't add up - unless somebody sneaked an extra GPU onto your card, enabled SLI and didn't tell you  ;)   Even allowing for the small drop in pixels (1440p) you shouldn't be seeing an 'average' framerate (which takes all the drops and rises into account) of 70fps at that resolution - otherwise nvidia won't be selling many SLI sets this year :)   

I find SLI scales really well on almost everything (so long as the drivers are up to date but they generally are) - I have a LCD monitoring my system and it displays individual GPU usage so I notice when things aren't right pretty quick (you usually see 1% on the second card).   I'm overclocked (2600k @ 5ghz) for reference.  

Looked into the results beating the 690 card and ran a benchmark and it seems other 670's beat the 690 too, I guess it all depends on how much you overclock:

jrtS4Uy.jpg

Looks to me like SLI isn't working at all there since it's practically the same as a single GPU (the 680).   At 15% faster than a stock 680 you're still a long way off SLI - as per that original bench the 690 is double that of an overclocked 670 at 1600p which is a fair comparison.  Can't say i've used that bench though - I prefer gaming benchmarks. 

Something doesn't add up - unless somebody sneaked an extra GPU onto your card, enabled SLI and didn't tell you  ;)   Even allowing for the small drop in pixels (1440p) you shouldn't be seeing an 'average' framerate (which takes all the drops and rises into account) of 70fps at that resolution - otherwise nvidia won't be selling many SLI sets this year :)   

I find SLI scales really well on almost everything (so long as the drivers are up to date but they generally are) - I have a LCD monitoring my system and it displays individual GPU usage so I notice when things aren't right pretty quick (you usually see 1% on the second card).   I'm overclocked (2600k @ 5ghz) for reference.  

It'd be good if someone did sneak in and add an extra gpu lol.. Think that will be my next upgrade, to just add another 670 though.. but at the moment it's working well for me :)

About the average framerates, bf3 was the one which jumped the most, in none action was around 100fps and full action (shooting & fire etc) dropped to the steady 90.. same situations for the other games. Maybe I've just got a good overclocker, but it's preforming great for me