xbox one microsoft drm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:00

Good one, make more incendiary comments to **** people off.

I don't think that was very incendiary since he pointed out the ps4 is a good console. In fact, most of the comments seem to avoid making it about how much more 'awesome' the X1 is vs the ps4 lol. He didn't attack the ps4 as being inferior at all, just different.

They have had ample time, if they are thinking this will all just blow over they don't get it.

I'm not sure if they think this will blow over, but I am convinced they are still working out details as we speak. I also believe they can alter the current stated plans due to the fact that they are not finalized. Trying to build a Steam-like system with all these sharing features, etc, can't be easy or quick.

They have time to make us all feel better. We will see if they do that.

#17 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:03

Major Nelson just tweeted that he is working on a blog post about family sharing.

#18 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:17

Major Nelson just tweeted that he is working on a blog post about family sharing.

It's about bloody time. It should have been done 4 days ago.

#19 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:21

It's about bloody time. It should have been done 4 days ago.

well... :p

Good one, make more incendiary comments to **** people off.

what?!

#20 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:25

Posted Image

#21 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:39

I don't think that was very incendiary since he pointed out the ps4 is a good console. In fact, most of the comments seem to avoid making it about how much more 'awesome' the X1 is vs the ps4 lol. He didn't attack the ps4 as being inferior at all, just different.

what?!

Q. I don't care. I'm a lonely guy without internet connection, family, friends, girlfriend and even ****ing dog. I also hate M$ in general and xbone particularly.
A. Good. Go buy PS4. Hate is overrated and PS4 is a good console.

Flame-baiting if I have ever seen it.

I'm not sure if they think this will blow over, but I am convinced they are still working out details as we speak.

Why are they finalising a rather important aspect after their big reveal? If Sony was doing something similar they'd be slammed as being incompetent, consumer-hating jerks.

People on this forum need to accept that MS made a gamble on the used game issue and lost. MS is trying to tell consumers what they want and consumers aren't having any of it.

#22 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:46

consumers aren't having any of it.

angry nerds on forums aren't having any of it. The long term outcome is still very much up in the air.

I would like to point out that everyone hated Steam at launch, everyone hated Xbox at launch, everyone hated Playstation at launch, everyone hates everything at launch.

#23 svnO.o

svnO.o

Programmer & Web Developer

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:47

There's an update on that reddit post about sharing games with up to 10 family members:

Important Update: New information has risen relating to this feature. You +1 friend from your circle can play the same game at the same time. Others can still play from your other library selection.
SOURCE

If the source is accurate, I think the feature will be great!

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:48

Angry nerds are consumers, chief. In fact, they are generally the most informed consumers which is what makes this more of a problem for MS.

As it stands now those "angry nerds" aren't thrilled by what they see.

#25 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:49

Flame-baiting if I have ever seen it.

man, you are easily offended!

#26 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:49

Angry nerds are consumers, chief. In fact, they are generally the most informed consumers which is what makes this more of a problem for MS.

As it stands now those "angry nerds" aren't thrilled by what they see.

Everyone's a consumer. Not everyone is angry. You're conflating you and those who believe what you do with everyone.

#27 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:59

man, you are easily offended!

I never said I was offended, I said it was flame bait. Where's the confusion?

Everyone's a consumer. Not everyone is angry. You're conflating you and those who believe what you do with everyone.

Angry consumers go to competitors, that is not a secret. It seems pretty unanimous that Sony's showing at E3 was better than MS'. That is if you go elsewhere on the internet and read news.

#28 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 14 June 2013 - 19:03

Angry consumers go to competitors, that is not a secret. It seems pretty unanimous that Sony's showing at E3 was better than MS'. That is if you go elsewhere on the internet and read news.

It's not a secret, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees.

I thought Sonys game selection sucked. 80% of the stuff I could've wanted is already on my PC. And there's a lot to love about the X1 either way.

I was not insulting you specifically with the 'angry nerd' comment, just people who think because they have convictions about something everyone must agree with them.

Anyway, as I've said before, I'd rather talk about games so I'm off.

#29 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

Posted 14 June 2013 - 19:43

I was not insulting you specifically with the 'angry nerd' comment, just people who think because they have convictions about something everyone must agree with them.

I didn't assume you were directing it at me. Everywhere I have been online seems to have communities that have overwhelmingly negative opinions of what MS is doing. That might change in the future, but I can assure you that MS is not loving this PR disaster. Not only because it has been bad for them, but do beneficial to their competitor.

----------

This topic, by the way, has cleared up nothing because none of the stuff posted by the OP can be corroborated.

#30 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

Posted 14 June 2013 - 19:44

No one has solved my renting problem, I don't buy games, I rent 95% of the console games I play. Why don't I matter anymore?

As for the other 5%, I buy used, usually under $5, or on Steam, for under $5 (or $10 if its a goty), or up to $20 for a pack of atleast 4-5 games (most of which still cost over $30)