CoD with mechs and thrusters? I was VERY disappointed during the reveal, that said I enjoy laming around in CoD from time to time, so I might be picking this one up at some point.

The interface is a complete mess, too cluttered and big.

Looks like a fun multiplayer game.

But to be honest i don't understand all the fuss around this game. Looks like a standard shooter with a mech twist to me. Nothing bad about this though.

We'll see. It's hard to judge before trying the final product. As a PC gamer i'm not really too much excited about it. I might get it but it'll need to be a little bit more than what i saw in the e3 demo. There's was too much shooting and not enough mech in what i saw so far.

I'm very interested in it. It reminds me of Battlefield 2142.

Is titanfall strictly multiplayer or is there a campaign too?

It looks like a fun game but if it's just multiplayer, I'll pass.

Is titanfall strictly multiplayer or is there a campaign too?

It looks like a fun game but if it's just multiplayer, I'll pass.

Judging by the E3 trailer, there seems to be some kind of story. Why else would they show a character complete with voice-over and a unique appearance? It seems odd to do that just for MP.

Judging by the E3 trailer, there seems to be some kind of story. Why else would they show a character complete with voice-over and a unique appearance? It seems odd to do that just for MP.

Although I doubt it it'd be cool if it was both. Like you could start a campaign map at any time and any of your friends could jump in in the middle of it and any of their friends could join them...

That could be pretty sweet. (I doubt it'll happen, but who knows? Someone's gotta be planning to do it.)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/17/e3-2013-vince-zampella-discusses-respawns-titanfall

It wasn?t until the cloud functionality that Respawn realized what it could do with Windows 8 and what would become Xbox One. ?It allowed us to think of the game a little differently,? Zampella explains. ?That was the perfect solution.? Offloading artificial intelligence and dedicated servers to the cloud guarantee a smoother experience with smarter enemies in a game that blurs the line between single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer.

It begs the question of whether or not this is Win8 only on PC.  Curious.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/17/e3-2013-vince-zampella-discusses-respawns-titanfall

It begs the question of whether or not this is Win8 only on PC.  Curious.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they made it exclusive to Windows 8. More people have Windows 7 than Windows 8, as far as I'm aware. Also, I don't see how Windows 8 would be a requirement. What can it do, gaming-wise, that Windows 7 can't do? The only thing is DX11.1 which is exclusive to Windows 8. Titanfall uses the Source engine and it doesn't support DX10/10.1 or DX11/11.1.

• Like 2

Oh nice it's on PC too. I hope it runs well on a Titan.

They chose to use the Source engine because it can run at 60 FPS on current-gen hardware. I wonder if it can run at 600 FPS with a GeForce GTX Titan.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they made it exclusive to Windows 8. More people have Windows 7 than Windows 8, as far as I'm aware. Also, I don't see how Windows 8 would be a requirement. What can it do, gaming-wise, that Windows 7 can't do? The only thing is DX11.1 which is exclusive to Windows 8. Titanfall uses the Source engine and it doesn't support DX10/10.1 or DX11/11.1.

The cloud gaming APIs are probably only available on 8 (or 8.1, couldn't say) if they are.

It's also a heavily modified Source engine as I recall.

I would be surprised, but not if the only other option was no PC release at all.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/06/17/titanfall-smashes-the-line-between-solo-and-multiplayer-experiences.aspx

As a new studio, Respawn doesn?t have resources to waste. Rather than put out diluted versions of the ordinarily separate modes, the company took the unusual approach of merging the two to create one highly polished experience in Titanfall ? something the studio is calling ?campaign multiplayer.?

?The idea of trying to take a single-player experience and imprinting it onto a multiplayer world was not something we came to immediately,? says producer Drew McCoy. ?It actually was a couple years into the process where we realized that we have people here who are really good at making addictive, fun, fast, fluid multiplayer games, and we also have people who are making believable characters, moments, and situations. There?s this huge bifurcation of those two experiences in current offerings of games.?

right on.  I'll have to read it again later since I'm playin Simcity atm

People forget the publisher of the game is EA and not Microsoft.

If the publisher was Microsoft then the game might be Windows 8 only for obvious reason (the same as Halo 2). It's gonna be Windows 8 exclusive only if Microsoft pays EA a truck load of money.

People forget the publisher of the game is EA and not Microsoft.

I didn't forget, I just needed to know from official sources.  Which did say it's not win8 only at some point recently.

Titanfall uses the Source engine and it doesn't support DX10/10.1 or DX11/11.1.

I couldn't believe that when I first read it but checking the Wikipedia page it does seem that it uses a modified version of the Source engine. What I'd be interested to know is whether this game will be the first to make use of the Source 2 engine or incorporate at least some next-gen elements. Still, it's good to see games pushing for 60fps on next-gen consoles.

This game looks like the true spiritual sequel to Tribes 2, only adapted for a modern audience (which is a good thing in my opinion).