More detailed matchmaking would be very welcome. We've already come a long way, thanks to rankings and advances in software engineering we actually HAVE matchmaking, not so long ago the game would just find the closest server ping-wise, and not long before that it'd just find ANYONE or you'd just pick your own server with no matchmaking at all. I know some people prefer server browsers, as that is both traditional and gives you the most freedom. But living where i live and preferring US servers in BF4, for example, i always get ranted at for being a "high pinger", even though i'm clearly losing. Badly. Since when is latency an advantage? Guess you can never win. Literally :D

Managed to Regen at the weekend and completed the challenge that was due today, so will probably play a little less now at least until the release more maps and weapons haha. 

This new matchmaking system is absolutely terrible. It takes much longer to find matches (never had an issue before), and it seems more based on rank than actual skill. The matches I've been placed in have actually all been more unbalanced, all with massive lopsided losses.  :/

This new matchmaking system is absolutely terrible. It takes much longer to find matches (never had an issue before), and it seems more based on rank than actual skill. The matches I've been placed in have actually all been more unbalanced, all with massive lopsided losses.  :/

I still have no idea what you're talking about...hell when I went back to Campaign after the new matchmaking (during the Beta) I found it comparatively unplayable.

:/ no idea wtf is happening for you but I'm surprised you don't ask the devs on their forum or something

I still have no idea what you're talking about...hell when I went back to Campaign after the new matchmaking (during the Beta) I found it comparatively unplayable.

:/ no idea wtf is happening for you but I'm surprised you don't ask the devs on their forum or something

What do you mean "still"? If you're referring to me bringing it up before the update, even the developers admitted the matchmaking sucked. I don't know how much clearer they could have been about it.

Currently, I'm matched with high ranks, but the skills vary wildly. In the last six games I've played, it's been so bad that either the rest of my team or nearly the entire opposing team have quit out. I literally just finished a game of six on two -- it was so unbalanced only two people on the opposing side stayed. Others have cited this issue on the forums and Twitter as well.

If you search "Titanfall matchmaking" on Twitter, you'll see articles saying the matchmaking is now "improved" from website feeds next to gamers complaining that the matchmaking is worse than ever. :rofl:

Yes but that's not surprising. Not everyone is going to have the same experience but the ones that have good experiences are far less likely to voice that opinion. That goes for pretty much anything.

To be fair though I stopped playing in the beta server because it always took too long to find matches. They did seem more balanced but I hated waiting so long.

Yes but that's not surprising. Not everyone is going to have the same experience but the ones that have good experiences are far less likely to voice that opinion. That goes for pretty much anything.

To be fair though I stopped playing in the beta server because it always took too long to find matches. They did seem more balanced but I hated waiting so long.

I'd agree with you in most cases, but not when a fix is released. Typically, if a fix is truly good, you'll see positive responses saying it finally is improved and things of that nature.

I have yet to play a match on the new system that's well balanced. Obviously results differ, but that's not a good sign, even for one person -- and clearly it's far more than one person.

360 footage

Titanfall Xbox 360 footage arrives online
Standby.
By Tom Phillips Published Monday, 7 April 2014

Footage from the delayed Xbox 360 version of Titanfall has started to appear online, courtesy of those with early copies.

The last-gen version finally launches tomorrow in North America and in the UK on Friday, although footage - and indeed any news at all - has until now been thin on the ground.

The footage, posted on YouTube last night by EliteXbox360Gaming, shows a section of the Boneyard map.

A number of other videos are also available to watch on the Twitch account of user CityFlex.

The Xbox 360 build has been developed by Bluepoint Games, the accomplished port studio behind the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection.

Last week Bluepoint promised that Titanfall on Xbox 360 will run "above 30fps".

"Titanfall on the Xbox 360 is the true experience: all the maps, modes, pilots, titans, weapons, burn cards, you name it, found in the Xbox One and PC versions," senior producer Daryl Allison wrote. "The game looks great, sounds great, and above all it plays great.

"There are of course some technical differences that are due to the technical limitations of the hardware - for example, the game runs above 30fps - but rest assured, the intense 6v6 wall-running, titan dropping action is all there."

Crank the following videos up to full-screen for best viewing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-07-titanfall-xbox-360-footage-arrives-online

Titanfall Xbox 360 releases early through retailers, 1GB install confirmed through photos
Friday, 4th April 2014 12:18 GMT By Dave Cook

Titanfall Xbox 360 appears to have been sold early through retailers, as suggested by photos of the game?s box. The images also confirm that a 1GB install is required before playing.

titanfall_xbox_360_box.jpg

The image comes from Titanfall Blog, which has posted photos of the front, back and inside of the Titanfall Xbox 360 box. The latter image shows a bundled Xbox Live trial card complete with French text.

A gamer in Brazil has also tweeted out that they had been trying to get their copy of Titanfall Xbox 360 to connect, which caught the eye of Respawn Entertainment:

@Titanfallgame in a game store, here in Brazil (Sao Paulo)
? Larissa (@thedreamysoul) April 4, 2014

icon_smile.gif
? Larissa (@thedreamysoul) April 4, 2014

The game is due to launch April 8 in the States, then April 11 across Europe. We?ll have more next week.

Via CVG.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/04/titanfall-xbox-360-releases-early-through-retailers-1gb-install-confirmed-through-photos/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/457487/xbox-360-copies-of-titanfall-released-early/

Titanfall on Xbox 360 will run at over 30fps

Welp, just tried it and matchmaking is still horrendous on the Xbox One in the modes they're testing. Literally took 10 minutes to enter a match, only to immediately get booted out. Then I got in a match and it was completely one-sided. Then the next one was as well. Then the following. And on top of that, the connection wasn't as good as the original matchmaking for the game.

Edit: Lol, and this problem still exists: If you try to leave an unbalanced match and search for a new match in the same list, you'll end up -- you guessed it -- back in the exact same unbalanced match, no matter how many times you search.

Edit #2: I just tested it on an unbalanced session where my team was routinely winning 300 to less than 50 in a span of several matches. I literally disconnected seven times and was placed back in the same match all seven times (this isn't an exaggeration).

Edit #3:I was just in a game that quickly went 4 on 2. The matchmaking system then gave the opposing team 6 players and left my team at 2 players. Needless to say, we lost 300 to less than 20. This is an absolute joke.

How To Eject Properly In Titanfall

jacaqmyx0sk3lcs736ls.gif

By using your own custom-built Titanfall Eject Button. It's not just one of those big red buttons you can buy everywhere, but one that was created and programmed for one purpose only: To help you leave your Titan in the coolest way possible.

'Hideous', the creator of this unique peripheral, even shared a detailed guide, with photos:

ctpvje8chqrjyu63ednq.jpg
oop6u2xjfiyp7ombphii.jpg
yce7fge4rb1zyytsiyzc.jpg

How real men eject in Titanfall  - How to make your own Titanfall Eject Button [imgur]

Source: Kotaku

So...it's basically another console port on PC?

No.

Semtex, on 12 Apr 2014 - 11:15, said:

Why??

Probably just a verification process, as I've heard from people who couldn't install the game because the unpacking failed.