Yep it will be interesting indeed, even if the an initial match is unbalanced the shuffling should help a great deal. 

Update should be hear before the end of the month. I think there were a lot of complaints about no-one playing the SP and it meant a load of players were unable to unlock the extra Titan chassis so they needed to make changes there.

Thanks! And for the SP that may well be true, i certainly overlooked it completely. They should have either skipped that or enabled bots for SP. Anyway, good move on their part allowing the unlocks via MP.

This game looks fun. I didn't notice anything hugely unique in the trailer but the big mechs are pretty cool, and all the fast moving people and human/mech interplay seemed put together pretty well.

Titanfall trailer

From the trailer it reminded me of Killzone a little bit.  That was one of the biggest complaints I had about Killzone.  There's only 2 or 3 levels where you actually get to use the huge mechs to fight with, and nobody ever votes to go there, so it's kind of a buzzkill.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to it, love this game :woot:

Must reach Gen 10...OF COURSE!

Wow, I just got to Gen 3 last week. I need more time to play these games :P

From the trailer it reminded me of Killzone a little bit.  That was one of the biggest complaints I had about Killzone.  There's only 2 or 3 levels where you actually get to use the huge mechs to fight with, and nobody ever votes to go there, so it's kind of a buzzkill.

Did you check out the game last week, they had a 48 hour trial on the PC version

That was a year ago before the game actually released heh.

You always get to use the mechs in this game...it's part of the basic gameplay.

And I love it.

Played some just now to have it in mind before patch 4.  Ugh I am awful with that shotgun I need to use for gen 3.  Bleh.

Played some just now to have it in mind before patch 4.  Ugh I am awful with that shotgun I need to use for gen 3.  Bleh.

Keep at it, I hated the shotgun too but after using it for the gen requirement it was very good. I become one of those annoying people who ran around with a shotgun and satchel charge :P but I've stopped now :P

Keep at it, I hated the shotgun too but after using it for the gen requirement it was very good. I become one of those annoying people who ran around with a shotgun and satchel charge :p but I've stopped now :p

Not even sure I still need to use it.  I'll have to check my challenges next time.

Wow, I just got to Gen 3 last week. I need more time to play these games :p

Heh don't worry, i'm Gen 4 right now....Gen 10 is wishful thinking. Community will likely dry up before i'm anywhere close to that at this rate!

Heh don't worry, i'm Gen 4 right now....Gen 10 is wishful thinking. Community will likely dry up before i'm anywhere close to that at this rate!

Yeah I stopped playing when I got to Gen 8. Couple of the challenges are straight up grinders :-/

• Like 1

Yeah I stopped playing when I got to Gen 8. Couple of the challenges are straight up grinders :-/

That gooser one is notorious, even after they dropped it to like 5 it's still annoying. Don't think i'll be keen on going for that.

That was a year ago before the game actually released heh.

You always get to use the mechs in this game...it's part of the basic gameplay.

And I love it.

I wasn't talking about Titanfall, my complaint about not having enough mechs was in regards to Killzone.  I've never actually played Titanfall.  Computers run Linux and console is PS3, :-(

That gooser one is notorious, even after they dropped it to like 5 it's still annoying. Don't think i'll be keen on going for that.

That one isn't actually bad once you get some practice in with the titan machine gun.

At Gen 8 one of the challenges is to win 100 matches, which is basically entirely out of your control.

Not really related to an update of Titanfall, but on Xbox One, is anyone recording any game clips only to find out that they look absolutely horrible?  I recorded this a week or 2 ago, and this is some of the crappiest video quality I've seen.  I've made better DVD x264 encodes of 90s TV shows that look better than this.  Also, I had the June update when I recorded this (I now have the July beta update), so this should have the improvements Microsoft supposedly made to improve the quality of game DVR clips (the v-sync issue with this game doesn't help either).

That one isn't actually bad once you get some practice in with the titan machine gun.

At Gen 8 one of the challenges is to win 100 matches, which is basically entirely out of your control.

One hundred wins will take a while....thanks for the heads up, think it might be a good idea to not insist on that Gen 10....

I've been at Gen 6 for the longest time because I don't give a crap about rodeo-killing titans. It's a waste of time when there are far better ways of taking a titan out (many of which involve rodeoing it but jumping off before the kill). Seems to encourage bad habits to get 50 of 'em. (On the flip side, killing 50 ejecting pilots is insanely easy with the chaingun -- not sure why that challenge was nerfed but not rodeo kills.)

The entire concept of challenges was dubious to me at first, but guess they want it to mean something rather than just grinding like with CoD and BF. It's a novel concept for sure, just the requirements are steep.

On a different note, the new look is nice, with the different title sequence and loading screens. Also matchmaking is much improved.

I really like the challenges, and think they're should be more of them. For me it's forces you to try out weapons that you may not normally use and check out new ways to play the game. For me, I would never realised how much fun the shotgun was without the challenge forcing me to try it. 

• Like 1

I really like the challenges, and think they're should be more of them. For me it's forces you to try out weapons that you may not normally use and check out new ways to play the game. For me, I would never realised how much fun the shotgun was without the challenge forcing me to try it. 

The shottie is fun for the same reason shotties are fun in every game...they're cheap and overpowered :laugh: but yes, the challenges do encourage you to experience more of the game, it's definitely better than the old prestige model of just grinding like a lunatic. Makes it more about patience and commitment than having all the time in the world apparently (always jealous of guys that manage to prestige five times in one week after a new COD comes out - where do they find the time and the endurance?)

Man 1.4s matchmaking is great.

I'm in love with the game again  :D

The matchmaking is vastly improved, need to make time to enjoy it and to show them it is appreciated

The shottie is fun for the same reason shotties are fun in every game...they're cheap and overpowered :laugh: but yes, the challenges do encourage you to experience more of the game, it's definitely better than the old prestige model of just grinding like a lunatic. Makes it more about patience and commitment than having all the time in the world apparently (always jealous of guys that manage to prestige five times in one week after a new COD comes out - where do they find the time and the endurance?)

The matchmaking is vastly improved, need to make time to enjoy it and to show them it is appreciated

Though winning 100 games for Gen 8 is starting to annoy me... Only 61 to go...  :ermm:

• Like 1

Though winning 100 games for Gen 8 is starting to annoy me... Only 61 to go...  :ermm:

Only 61 to go...what do they think, we're not Asari, we don't get to live to 2000. The hell, i give up. Will try to take it as far as i can but this is asking too much! :unsure: