Photo

Titanfall

official titanfall respawn entertainment ea vince zampella pc origin xbox 360 xbox one microsoft

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#1066 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:30

I watched a few snippets of the stream last night and that was being played on the X1, but the stream wasn't the best so couldn't really tell :p

New maps look good, still annoyed that there's no concrete release date for the X1

Wallrunning between trees looks like fun.

Sure hope the vsync will be turned on hahaha, that is my only gripe with Titanfall, otherwise it's co-GOTY with Dark Souls 2 so far.

#1067 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• 5,939 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:49

Sure hope the vsync will be turned on hahaha, that is my only gripe with Titanfall, otherwise it's co-GOTY with Dark Souls 2 so far.

As of right now, Titanfall is my game of the year as well. You know, I keep reading on the forums that as of about a month ago, everyone is finding that the game textures, performance, tearing etc has all been dramatically improved, as well as framerate consistency. I wonder if they did some patch server side?

#1068 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 00:17

5/15 confirmed on FB.  Rock on.

#1069 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:11

As of right now, Titanfall is my game of the year as well. You know, I keep reading on the forums that as of about a month ago, everyone is finding that the game textures, performance, tearing etc has all been dramatically improved, as well as framerate consistency. I wonder if they did some patch server side?

Just played it a few hours ago man, and did not find any technical improvement. Perhaps tearing was slightly better, will need to look again. Still an amazing experience, had to force myself to stop after five rounds. Gotta get that damn satchel requirement out of the way!

EDIT: also did not notice faster loading or shorter waits. When are all these patch notes coming into effect?

5/15 confirmed on FB.  Rock on.

Just in time for the weekend!

#1070 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,552 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:01

Just played it a few hours ago man, and did not find any technical improvement. Perhaps tearing was slightly better, will need to look again. Still an amazing experience, had to force myself to stop after five rounds. Gotta get that damn satchel requirement out of the way!

EDIT: also did not notice faster loading or shorter waits. When are all these patch notes coming into effect?

Not sure what platform you're playing on, but for X1, the patch goes live the same time as the DLC. 

#1071 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:09

Not sure what platform you're playing on, but for X1, the patch goes live the same time as the DLC. 

Got it, am on X1, so will wait for the 15th. Thanks!

#1072 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:22

Question - how do I get the Season Pass for the game? I can't see anything on the website and I haven't seen an option to purchase via the game. Unless I'm missing something :/

#1073 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:28

You're right, Xbox store also has nothing about the season pass...i think it will only pop up as purchase option tomorrow when the DLC goes live. Weird but honest in a way, guess they didn't want to sell anything until at least some DLC made it...

You can buy it from Gamestop though apparently, and Xbox store has it for 360:

http://www.gamestop....son-pass/114044

http://marketplace.x...10-ff6af0e2c567

#1074 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:34

That's what I'm hoping, I'm assuming that the Season Pass on Gamestop is just Xbox Live Credit to purchase the Pass when it goes live. I'll guess I'll check tomorrow morning and see what pops up.

#1075 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:06

Judging by the odd "$25" price tag on Gamestop instead of the more typical $24.99 i'd say that's correct, it's just a placeholder/credit until the real thing comes along. This is to Respawn's credit, they at least held back and made sure they had DLC to deliver before selling the season pass.

EDIT: just checked and Origin are selling the season pass already, not sure how long they've had it there. Clearly for PC only...

#1076 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 14:12

EDIT: just checked and Origin are selling the season pass already, not sure how long they've had it there. Clearly for PC only...

Since launch, and included in the Digital Deluxe version.

#1077 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:11

Question - how do I get the Season Pass for the game? I can't see anything on the website and I haven't seen an option to purchase via the game. Unless I'm missing something :/

Hey dipsy...have you checked the Xbox store dammit? :rolleyes: The season pass is right there hahaha, $24.99, very modest price! (right)

Was tempted to click buy but held back!

#1078 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,552 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:42

Hey dipsy...have you checked the Xbox store dammit? :rolleyes: The season pass is right there hahaha, $24.99, very modest price! (right)

Was tempted to click buy but held back!

Woops, thanks for pointing that out. MS really need to sort out being able to view/but through the Xbox website and not relying on the console itself. 

#1079 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:45

Woops, thanks for pointing that out. MS really need to sort out being able to view/but through the Xbox website and not relying on the console itself. 

It is definitely a mess right now, could use some MAJOR sorting out. Indeed there's nothing for X1 on the site, but it's on the console...it's also not on the X1 SmartGlass, just checked. They need to put their store in order, seriously. But anyway, i'd recommend checking the console primarily for the time being if you want to buy something.

#1080 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,552 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:54

It is definitely a mess right now, could use some MAJOR sorting out. Indeed there's nothing for X1 on the site, but it's on the console...it's also not on the X1 SmartGlass, just checked. They need to put their store in order, seriously. But anyway, i'd recommend checking the console primarily for the time being if you want to buy something.

Here's hoping they'll wave a magic wand at E3 and it'll sort everything out ;)