Photo

Titanfall

official titanfall respawn entertainment ea vince zampella pc origin xbox 360 xbox one microsoft

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#1111 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:05

Seriously? Already an DLC?

Extra maps two months after the game came out is nothing out of the ordinary.

#1112 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,112 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:55

Seriously? Already an DLC?

They made their plans for dlc clear before releasing the game. Shouldn't be a surprise. Given how much time many people have put into the game already, I'd say it's welcome.

#1113 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,354 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 16:01

I don't think there's an issue with DLC after 2 months. MP games usually feel pretty boring long before that for me.

I think when it comes to Titanfall it's a bit of a smack in the face though, when it's MP only and light on content for $60 to begin with. You know you've made a mistake on your pricing when people start saying PvZ GW offers more bang for $.

But that's the cost of delays, porting and AAA industry for you...

#1114 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:17

I don't think there's an issue with DLC after 2 months. MP games usually feel pretty boring long before that for me.

I think when it comes to Titanfall it's a bit of a smack in the face though, when it's MP only and light on content for $60 to begin with. You know you've made a mistake on your pricing when people start saying PvZ GW offers more bang for $.

But that's the cost of delays, porting and AAA industry for you...

Respect this opinion but disagree with it. Titanfall is far from light on content, it's pure joy for me. And it has more maps than most other shooters. I think it's a great value, already at nearly 60 hours played, which is quite impressive for me...

As for PvZ: GW, that sunflower really scares me.

#1115 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,607 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:55

I haven't played much in a while but just got some matches in and it was epic.  RAWR.

#1116 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,550 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:43

A few details on the the next major Titanfall update from E3

Biggest change to note - two new game modes (2v2 Titan and Marked for Death), Titan burn cards, Titan customisation and finally team shuffling. 

Team shuffling is going to be great (something that should have been there from day one) but it means that you won't need to find a whole new team to play against every few matches. 

#1117 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 00:54

A few details on the the next major Titanfall update from E3

Biggest change to note - two new game modes (2v2 Titan and Marked for Death), Titan burn cards, Titan customisation and finally team shuffling. 

Team shuffling is going to be great (something that should have been there from day one) but it means that you won't need to find a whole new team to play against every few matches. 

This is great news! Shuffling indeed should have been from day one seeing as we've had this capability in gaming starting around 1994...Marked for Death hahaha let me guess the CO will be John Hatcher? Good name for a mode. And more burn cards always welcome, am addicted to those. Thinking about buying the actual set....

#1118 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 9,264 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 23:00

This is great news! Shuffling indeed should have been from day one seeing as we've had this capability in gaming starting around 1994...Marked for Death hahaha let me guess the CO will be John Hatcher? Good name for a mode. And more burn cards always welcome, am addicted to those. Thinking about buying the actual set....

It could be worse - it COULD be Steven Seagal (star in a movie of that name).

Despite being an early snack, I'm back to enjoying Titanfall (via Game Time).  The biggest issue is that I have so many OTHER games on my plate that I wind up playing Titanfall in dribs and drabs.

#1119 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:09

It could be worse - it COULD be Steven Seagal (star in a movie of that name).

Despite being an early snack, I'm back to enjoying Titanfall (via Game Time).  The biggest issue is that I have so many OTHER games on my plate that I wind up playing Titanfall in dribs and drabs.

Hahahaha i need to work on my humor or i don't know what...if i was referencing Seagal's character in Marked for Death then clearly i know it was Seagal...that was the whole point of the joke arrrggghhhhh! :argh:

But yeah, i know what you mean :ike:

As for Titanfall, i also can't get enough of it even though i keep telling myself over 60 hours in three months is plenty, time to put it down...but i just want to be Gen 10 :cry:

#1120 Sikh

Sikh

Neowin Addict!

• 3,871 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 PA 4.4.2 / iPhone 5

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:43

Hahahaha i need to work on my humor or i don't know what...if i was referencing Seagal's character in Marked for Death then clearly i know it was Seagal...that was the whole point of the joke arrrggghhhhh! :argh:

But yeah, i know what you mean :ike:

As for Titanfall, i also can't get enough of it even though i keep telling myself over 60 hours in three months is plenty, time to put it down...but i just want to be Gen 10 :cry:

I feel your pain. I haven't been Anne to really enjoy the game since mid April. Works been busy as hell and I've had grown up things to worry about. Now that its summer I'll barely have time for games and titanfall works because of how fast it is.

Oh and I agree with too many games. Working on infamous on ps4 and watch dogs on PC. In between played hard line and destiny. By the time summer is over destiny will be available. Next month I'm moving and last of us comes out for ps4 :( with how good the game is I'm going to probably not bother playing it unless its a stupidly hot day outside.

Why do we have to be grown ups!

#1121 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:17

I feel your pain. I haven't been Anne to really enjoy the game since mid April. Works been busy as hell and I've had grown up things to worry about. Now that its summer I'll barely have time for games and titanfall works because of how fast it is.

Oh and I agree with too many games. Working on infamous on ps4 and watch dogs on PC. In between played hard line and destiny. By the time summer is over destiny will be available. Next month I'm moving and last of us comes out for ps4 :( with how good the game is I'm going to probably not bother playing it unless its a stupidly hot day outside.

Why do we have to be grown ups!

Hey your smart device must really like Anne as opposed to "able to" :p

You ask the most painful question out there, all joking aside. Why must we age? Why must all this pass? Why is life always about balancing stuff? Work, family, and trying to enjoy life...each with their own lot and problems and challenges...sometimes i just feel like locking the door and doing nothing but gaming and drinking beer, but then the rational part of me reminds the not so rational side that's hardly a sustainable lifestyle...

Well, let's not be too philosophical about it - just try to find time when time is to be found for games, and good luck with your new place :fun:

#1122 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 19:45

More reason to play - Update 4 dropping soon

#1123 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:15

More reason to play - Update 4 dropping soon

Thanks for posting this, nice and pretty massive update. Love the ability to unlock titan classes w/o SP, which i think is a wasted mode in Titanfall. All the other changes and updates also seem good, so hopefully this is done soon.

#1124 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

• 1,497 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:32

I'll be interested in seeing how well this new matchmaking works. The changes they made to Attrition and Hardpoint were so bad that I've only played them a handful of times since they were implemented.

#1125 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:35

Yep it will be interesting indeed, even if the an initial match is unbalanced the shuffling should help a great deal. 

Thanks for posting this, nice and pretty massive update. Love the ability to unlock titan classes w/o SP, which i think is a wasted mode in Titanfall. All the other changes and updates also seem good, so hopefully this is done soon.

Update should be hear before the end of the month. I think there were a lot of complaints about no-one playing the SP and it meant a load of players were unable to unlock the extra Titan chassis so they needed to make changes there.