Why is Neowin so biased towards Xbox?

I must admit, the comments from [extremely] pro MS/Xbox users are quite comical :)

There we reports the PS4. There isn't much more "news" about the PS4 that hasn't been said and aren't "big" features that haven't been talked about. Microsoft had more Xbox articles because of the DRM issue and the newer Kinect. That simple.

I saw plenty of articles 'against' the Xbox one as was for it, plus I saw ps4 posts on the front page about all the details of the console like price, etc.

So I'm not really sure where the issue is. On the front page we have seen info posts regarding the X1, info posts about the ps4, and then editorials about issues with the X1, as in definitely not pro X1.

Sometime I think people just want to stir up trouble. It makes forums and most of the internet pretty unpleasant.

Why is it that when someone doesn't agree with you, they label you a defender or biased in some way?

I get it when someone posts something outrageous, but I see people use it against others that simply have a different opinion. Its just childish imo.

This is some point to OP, but this site is more towards windows and anything to go with Windows. Just be happy you dont need a kinect plugged in to view neowin!

BTW did neowin get requests from PRISM?

I get it when someone posts something outrageous, but I see people use it against others that simply have a different opinion. Its just childish imo.

Many of the users on Neowin only have the mental capacity of a child, so that explains this behavior.

The coverage of the new consoles has been just fine. I've seen pro and con articles for both systems. In fact, I applaud Neowin for the great E3 coverage they provided!

Because the majority of people on here keep thinking their opinion is the only thing that should matter and if anyone was to voice their opinion then OMG be careful. They'll star losing sleep over the fact that you don't agree with them, then they'll start getting angry sweats and label you as a 'troll'. I'm sure these same people then sit back and leather themselfs *fap fap*

Neowin doesn't have any bias or pre-conceived notions, the prevailing news is Microsoft hence why its called Neowin!

post-455563-0-97330600-1371248518.jpg

Neo (New) + Win (Windows) = New Windows

Almost every site is "biased" in some form or another to what they originally intended the site to provide information or services for. Even with that said, I think the writers do a pretty good job of mixing it up, on a "purely Windows forum/site."

I've noticed this same biased trend. What's even more annoying is that the few PS4 articles that do exist are often heavily bombarbed by Xboned trolls.

I've noticed this same biased trend. What's even more annoying is that the few PS4 articles that do exist are often heavily bombarbed by Xboned trolls.
It's to be expected to a certain extent. You have to understand Neowin was born around the same time as XP. All the beta leaks and stuff. It's a very Microsoft centred community.

That being said most members are capable of having a well thought out discussion when the mood takes them.

If people wouldn't take this stuff so seriously we wouldn't have any problems. I still don't understand why some people take it so personal. In the grand scheme of things, these things are toys.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or is all the drama being started by the same group of people?

Who cares? Why does it matter?

I'm sick and tired of the pitchfork approach to console "wars". I'm tired of watching the sony crowd berate, troll and destroy the microsoft forum like it's something to be conquered and then blame the MS forum goers for being baised when doing the same in retalliation. 90% of these problems are caused by a small handful of members dedicating a large amount of time to slandering the opposing console. So perhaps we should just purge the issue.

If you don't like something, MOVE ALONG. You are not obligated to stick around and preach the unworthiness of X product, especially when you are unwilling to see both sides of the coin.

In the end of the day, certain features require us to make sacrafices in order to advance the quality of the product. For example, the iPod has long since abandoned high GB models in favor of slimer form factor and better battery life. Sure, I can't get a 250/500GB iPod anymore but overall the product has improved. Does that mean that they have shafted me as a customer? No, they made a decision about a product and went with it.

If you all hate DRM and the like, stop using your iPods, stop using your Sony hardware rife with proprietary media connections, stop using everything that was ever made to limit you to a particular way of doing things because guess what, nobody isn't guilty of doing that.

Who cares? Why does it matter?

Because they launched at the same time and aren't out yet and we're excited.

I could do without the bashing sure but you can't really fault people for being excited.

I ignore those kind of people and anyone who responds/likes his comments as well. Just probably immature kids not even worth your time.

Like this Yogurtmaster idiot, saying PS4 has no games then when I give him a list of games that were at the conference he went through and said multiplatform and indie games don't count and how Sonys conference was crap and he wonders why I even like PS4.

Just to be fair I never said those games didn't count, I said why buy the PS4 for those games.

Oh well, who cares. Their loss, not Microsoft's. There will still be millions and millions of people buying the XBOX ONE when released, and I'll be one of em.

Oh well, who cares. Their loss, not Microsoft's. There will still be millions and millions of people buying the XBOX ONE when released, and I'll be one of em.

If you think Microsoft doesn't care, you are wrong. A lot depends on market shares, and all negative publicity is bound to lower sales. How much we don't know yet. Of course there will still be millions sold, but f.e. 20 millions XB1 vs 60 millions PS4 is still bad for Microsoft. The console market isn't magically self-selling as with Windows 8 that is pre-installed on computers sold.

I do own a 360, but I will not be getting a XB1.