Magician Turns $1 Into $100 for People In Need

Magician Stuart Edge isn?t pulling rabbits out of his hat?he?s pulling $100 bills and giving them to homeless people and others in need.

Earlier this week, the Utah-based magician withdrew $1,000 from his own savings account, combed his neighborhood for people in need, and offered to show them a magic trick. It works like this: Edge shows them a $1 bill, folds it, and places it inside their hand. Then, he takes out a $100 bill, folds it, and asks the person to hold it in the same hand and make a fist. Then, Edge reaches into their hand to pull out a bill, which is somehow, always the one-dollar bill.

Now, for the hocus pocus: Edge says, ?If you believe that you can make the bills switch, if you want it bad enough, I?ll let you keep whatever is in your hand. Just believe. Ready?? Both parties first-bump and open their hands. Edge is now holding the one-dollar bill while the other person is holding the $100. The people involved in the trick are stunned?one man, in disbelief, asked, "Will it become a one dollar later?" and a woman hugs him and says, "You're an amazing person."

The

, posted to YouTube earlier this week, has received more than 1.3 million views and almost 20,000 likes as of Friday morning. ?I think of myself as a YouTube prankster but with a feel-good message,? Edge, 24, said.

?With every video, I try to make people happy and I love magic.? :sorcerer:

For his latest video trick, Edge drove around town for six hours looking for the right people to film. ?We wanted to find people who were truly in need so initially, we approached them and made small talk to get a sense of their personality and whether they were truly in need,? says Edge. ?People were wary at first but if there was a connection, we asked if we could film them helping with a magic trick. We also got permission from everyone to post the video on YouTube.?

A few of the many characters Edge met were a single mother, a guitar player, and an elderly couple who had been living in a small camper because they had lost their home. ?They said they always try to give back by offering rides to other homeless people,? he says.

more & video

post-37120-0-44008400-1371247091.jpg

I am happy about this. All people who can afford to do this, should consider doing this. Helping one person at a time out of love for each other is a great thing.

No politics, but just love! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

David Blaine traveled to different neighborhoods and would do his money tricks (plural) for people several years ago. It's on one of his video specials.

It's been done before, but it's nice to see someone doing some good in this world.