30 posts in this topic

Posted

A TEENAGE thug who subjected a Litherland family to a series of assaults and intimidation has been ordered to take part in a course of electro-acupuncture.

The 17-year-old boy, also from Litherland, carried out two attacks on the family on October 7, 2012, before damaging a window and door on their property.

The teenager also circled the family

Posted

A TEENAGE thug who subjected a Litherland family to a series of assaults and intimidation

Wouldn't have happened to me, that little punk would **** his pants if he tried anything like that. But that punishment sounds more like a spa day than punishment..

1 person likes this

Posted

I read this as electrolobotomy at first, and thought, "gee, Britain is getting a bit harsh with their punishments..." :laugh:

Posted

"The unusual measures are part of a multi-million pound nationwide scheme designed to give young offenders

2 people like this

Posted

electrodes on his testicles. :p

Posted

"The unusual measures are part of a multi-million pound nationwide scheme designed to give young offenders

Posted

What would you suggest?

Shoot-a-thug would be a more permanent solution.

2 people like this

Posted

There are better solutions than killing people because they do things we dislike.

Posted

Shoot-a-thug would be a more permanent solution.

Something half-feasible and grounded in reality, please...

Posted

The UK is completely broken. The hug-a-thug thing has gone WAY too far.

The justice system needs to be evidence based and if these methods can reduce reoffending rates and protect the victims of crime without the need for incarceration

3 people like this

Posted

so by your question, Hug a thug is the only solution. :rolleyes:

Posted

What would you suggest?

There are better solutions than killing people because they do things we dislike.

Prison with hard labour.

Make it hard for them, don't give them everything they want/need. To get a TV etc they should behave and get on with the punishment.

1 person likes this

Posted

Those who are less emotional and more objective favour an evidence based approach, as imperfect as it may be.

I keep telling people I'm in the wrong country!

But I guess they need a few sane people here.

Posted

so by your question, Hug a thug is the only solution. :rolleyes:

And where did I say that?

What he suggested would be illegal.

Posted

LSD and hypnosis might be a good solution for criminals.

Posted

Posted

I'd say 6 months of hard labour should do it, the West in general coddles criminals too much, there's no need for long sentences for most crimes, quarter the time and make them WORK HARD is a much better way to rehabilitate most, those the commit serious crimes and repeat offenders can do long sentences, they've already proven they refuse to act like a normal human being

Yes, labour, in the British style :)

Posted

As we have seen, punishment doesn't really work. We need to focus more on rehabilitation. A lot of these people have issues and they need help working through them.

Posted

As we have seen, punishment doesn't really work. We need to focus more on rehabilitation. A lot of these people have issues and they need help working through them.

Yeah but this? I'm for rehabilitation but this isn't it. This is basically acupuncture. Intimidating and roughing up his neighbors deserves more than just eletroacupuncture..

Posted

It's like in my old secondary school, the disruptive/badly behaved/d*ck pupils were rewarded and given treats, whilst those who behaved were given nothing.

WTF?

Can you elaborate as that is insane?

Posted

WTF?

Can you elaborate as that is insane?

http://www.motiv8south.org.uk/ - This is how they were rewarded, fishing, sleepovers and fast food etc was meant to reduce their behavioral issues. They had lessons and even whole days out of school. This didn't change anything, in fact they were worse. It wasn't the teachers choice, it was a government/council scheme to allow schools to have this. Some of the people who did this have now become criminals, see - http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/teens-to-face-trial-for-putting-gosport-man-in-coma-1-4646956 England has to change, people who misbehave like this need a good kick up the arse, then they should be rewarded for doing well.

Posted

It's the EU and their "human rights" ###### that causes the issues. Send the misbehaving little gits to a boot camp for a year's hard labour and that used to straighten most of them out. Now... oh no we can't make people do hard labour, it violates their human rights!

Posted

tumblr_m78hxo3LBp1rad7eoo1_500.gif

Posted

What would you suggest?

Put them into cryostasis, you don't kill them and yet they can't harm others :D

Posted

Put them into cryostasis, you don't kill them and yet they can't harm others :D

You mean a coma?