united kingdom intimidate therapy chronic stress self-esteem and confidence

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

• 326 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 22:20

"The unusual measures are part of a multi-million pound nationwide scheme designed to give young offenders ‘self-esteem and confidence’."

The UK is completely broken. The hug-a-thug thing has gone WAY too far.

It's like in my old secondary school, the disruptive/badly behaved/d*ck pupils were rewarded and given treats, whilst those who behaved were given nothing.

#17 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,262 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 15 June 2013 - 23:44

I'd say 6 months of hard labour should do it, the West in general coddles criminals too much, there's no need for long sentences for most crimes, quarter the time and make them WORK HARD is a much better way to rehabilitate most, those the commit serious crimes and repeat offenders can do long sentences, they've already proven they refuse to act like a normal human being

Yes, labour, in the British style :)

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:35

As we have seen, punishment doesn't really work. We need to focus more on rehabilitation. A lot of these people have issues and they need help working through them.

#19 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:40

As we have seen, punishment doesn't really work. We need to focus more on rehabilitation. A lot of these people have issues and they need help working through them.

Yeah but this? I'm for rehabilitation but this isn't it. This is basically acupuncture. Intimidating and roughing up his neighbors deserves more than just eletroacupuncture..

#20 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:20

It's like in my old secondary school, the disruptive/badly behaved/d*ck pupils were rewarded and given treats, whilst those who behaved were given nothing.

WTF?
Can you elaborate as that is insane?

#21 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

• 326 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:24

WTF?
Can you elaborate as that is insane?

http://www.motiv8south.org.uk/ - This is how they were rewarded, fishing, sleepovers and fast food etc was meant to reduce their behavioral issues. They had lessons and even whole days out of school. This didn't change anything, in fact they were worse. It wasn't the teachers choice, it was a government/council scheme to allow schools to have this. Some of the people who did this have now become criminals, see - http://www.portsmout...-coma-1-4646956 England has to change, people who misbehave like this need a good kick up the arse, then they should be rewarded for doing well.

#22 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:02

It's the EU and their "human rights" ###### that causes the issues. Send the misbehaving little gits to a boot camp for a year's hard labour and that used to straighten most of them out. Now... oh no we can't make people do hard labour, it violates their human rights!

#23 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:26

tumblr_m78hxo3LBp1rad7eoo1_500.gif

#24 +Freelancer1111

Freelancer1111

Neowinian

• 259 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:40

What would you suggest?

Put them into cryostasis, you don't kill them and yet they can't harm others :D

#25 xendrome

xendrome

• 7,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:43

You mean a coma?

#26 +Freelancer1111

Freelancer1111

Neowinian

• 259 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:49

You mean a coma?

I don't know exactly what it's called in english, but I thought about the process of preserving them in sub-zero temperature areas.

Maybe you have seen Lockout, well there the prisoners are freezed in space, but I guess the process of cryopreservation could also be applied on earth.

#27 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 21:02

Only if it's ending is like Demolition Man. Then yes I agree.

#28 xendrome

xendrome

• 7,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 21:57

I don't know exactly what it's called in english, but I thought about the process of preserving them in sub-zero temperature areas.

Maybe you have seen Lockout, well there the prisoners are freezed in space, but I guess the process of cryopreservation could also be applied on earth.

Problem is, all of that is fake and only in the movies, a chemical induced coma is real.

#29 arachnoid

arachnoid

Copyright Withheld

• 3,528 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 22:33

Electric needles OK but they should turn the voltage up a bit till theyre smelling nice and crispy.

Back on a serious note the use of non-standard medical treatments i.e. acupuncture in lab tests has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt to make any improvement in the patients ailments beyond the placebo effect.

#30 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 23:04

In reality cryogenic storage causes ice crystals for form in the cells and damages them so it's probably going to be a fatal punishment if their brain survives the initial freezing :p