20 posts in this topic

Posted

Microsoft Employees Ambush Wii U Best Buy Events To Promote Xbox One

[quote]
Nintendo announced it would be bringing E3 to its fans by teaming up with Best Buy to provide Wii U kiosks with demos of newly announced titles at select cities across North America, which we feel was definitely a good move for the company considering how poor Wii U sales have been ever since its release this past November. But leave it to Microsoft to crash Nintendo
5 people like this

Posted

booohooo
4 people like this

Posted

Good thing Microsoft has an excellent marketing team to get it out of this hole. /s
1 person likes this

Posted

What's the big deal here? Microsoft isn't doing anything wrong, they're just being annoying. Besides, only extremely weak consumers would be swayed by a tactic like that. If I want a Wii-U, I'm going to stand in line, demo some of the new games and then buy it. Some random Microsoft shill won't change my mind.

Posted

Microsoft needs to u-turn and go pro-consumer.

Posted

If this is true, then it's a desperate move on Microsoft's part. I've never heard of Sony doing something like this. And judging by the negativity surrounding the Xbox One, they won't have to do it.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Yogurth' timestamp='1371250181' post='595760224']
Microsoft Employees Ambush Wii U Best Buy Events To Promote Xbox One

[url="http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/microsoft-employees-ambush-wii-u-best-buy-events-to-promote-xbox-one/"]http://www.ubergizmo...omote-xbox-one/[/url]

Is there any decency and sanity left in this company? It doesn't seem that way to me.

If Microsoft was a person, it would be considered a Scum.
[/quote]

Though I think you're being a bit dramatic, I do disagree with this... Ultimately though, I think this has a lot more to do with a horrifically managed XBox unit, not a company culture... If I were in charge of Microsoft I'd be replacing the entire XBox team to be entirely frank...

Posted

Didnt Samsung do the samething the iPhone 5 was released. Outside apple stores, saying "hey here is a SG4 for your spot in the line".

Posted

How do we know it's "Microsoft" employees and not "Nintendo" employees doing to to create bad publicity on Microsoft, hmmmm? :shiftyninja:

Posted

Like this stuff hasn't happened before. Remember when Microsoft gatecrashed Sony's PS3 launch? lol

Posted

Don't Microsoft employee's wear colored shirts?

Posted

New low, scum, no decency... haha, so dramatic.

Posted

This shouldn't be surprising. They're adding a Windows store to like 700 best buys. So why wouldn't they also promote their console there too?

Posted

Honestly seems unlikely, if only because their market and the Wii U market aren't the same and they've made that more than explicitly clear in the past. That and the whole "oh hey he's wearing an MS t-shirt, therefore he works at MS" is pretty shotty. Could just as easily be someone trolling Wii U fans.

Posted

Wonder why people are scared of me when I have my FBI t-shirt on .....

Posted

[quote name='spenser.d' timestamp='1371260254' post='595760514']
That and the whole "oh hey he's wearing an MS t-shirt, therefore he works at MS" is pretty shotty. Could just as easily be someone trolling Wii U fans.
[/quote]

Probably the case.

Posted

[quote name='spenser.d' timestamp='1371260254' post='595760514']
Honestly seems unlikely, if only because their market and the Wii U market aren't the same and they've made that more than explicitly clear in the past. That and the whole "oh hey he's wearing an MS t-shirt, therefore he works at MS" is pretty shotty. Could just as easily be someone trolling Wii U fans.
[/quote]

I don't believe that trolls would made such an organized effort, as the article says, numerous locations are in question.

Posted

Companies do this from time to time, to joke ads to even showing up outside a rivals event to promote their own stuff. AMD would often, and might still do, park limos out in front of ithe hall where Intel has it's developer conference or w/e they call it. Pick up hardware ODMs/OEMs and drive them down the block to a different hotel AMD rented out to show them their own new products. I don't get the double standard by some of you guys here, because it's MS it's now low and dirty and so on? Where have you been all this time when others have done it?

Posted

New low, scum, no decency... haha, so dramatic.

You are right, "pathetic" would be more appropriate :)

Posted

You are right, "pathetic" would be more appropriate :)

Ha, kinda missed the point there didn't you?