• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• 4,608 posts
  • Phone: hammerhead

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:07

Or just stop being paranoid and stop thinking that the NSA finds you relevant. Unless you're making multiple phone calls, e-mails or searches for how to blow stuff up or kill mass people in some type of plot, you have zero to worry about.

But to have fun with the paranoid ones here, this post was probably flagged by PRISM and at some point this thread will be viewed by the spooks haha

PRISM has been going on for decades. It's nothing new at all. That former NSA guy leaked nothing that wasn't already public record. Think those documents Anonymous leaked are new? Do some searching to see how they pulled all of them from public records.

doesn't mean they have the right to just snoop around or look into my stuff heck im not worried about being flagged but I don't believe its right what they are doing that's the point people are trying to make who are so upset

#17 Decebalvs Rex

Decebalvs Rex

Transylvanian

• 435 posts
  • Phone: HTC HD2 WP 7.8

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:05

Posted Image
The new and advanced firewall , usable on computers with less than 200 Mhz inside.

#18 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,571 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:15

they ARE looking through my stuff,

doubt it, would bet all my worth on it too.

#19 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,926 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:18

8. Don't do illegal stuff.

doesn't mean they have the right to just snoop around or look into my stuff heck im not worried about being flagged but I don't believe its right what they are doing that's the point people are trying to make who are so upset

Oh get over yourself. If you're not breaking the law, you don't matter to them.

#20 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

• 2,891 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:55

The overall tone in this thread is just sad.

#21 Ian William

Ian William

I work great with Windows Vista!

• 1,090 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:02

I don't quite understand some of the reactions here.

If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide (in most cases). However, it is perplexing that some don't seem to be bothered by any possible eavesdropping. What more could be a violation of your rights? Your privacy?

#22 NightmarE D

NightmarE D

Proud father

• 3,419 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:04

People are upset because "they" are looking through their stuff.

These people need to realize that this "they" they speak of are computers. A human doesn't see anything until it's flagged. You people honestly think they keep and physically look at a everything that comes through?. Not enough storage in the world for them to keep it all. No point in it. Stop thinking you're relevant to the NSA unless you're planning some type of terror plot.

This post was more than likely flagged because I used words like NSA, planned and terror plot. If looked at by a human at the NSA is something going to come out of it? No, because it's just some guy trying to talk some sense to some paranoids who think they're extremely relevant to the NSA when they are just scared because they're probably doing some type of pirating.

Which brings up another point. This is proof the government and the entertainment industry aren't in bed together like people believe. If they were, imagine how much PRISM could do for them if given access. How much you want to bet there's some entertainment execs out there extremely ****ed at the government right now? Some of them maybe even trying to get access to PRISM and it'll never happen lol

#23 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,287 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:20

They can track us but can't track the 10 million illegals...

People are upset because "they" are looking through their stuff.

These people need to realize that this "they" they speak of are computers. A human doesn't see anything until it's flagged. You people honestly think they keep and physically look at a everything that comes through?. Not enough storage in the world for them to keep it all. No point in it. Stop thinking you're relevant to the NSA unless you're planning some type of terror plot.

This post was more than likely flagged because I used words like NSA, planned and terror plot. If looked at by a human at the NSA is something going to come out of it? No, because it's just some guy trying to talk some sense to some paranoids who think they're extremely relevant to the NSA when they are just scared because they're probably doing some type of pirating.

Which brings up another point. This is proof the government and the entertainment industry aren't in bed together like people believe. If they were, imagine how much PRISM could do for them if given access. How much you want to bet there's some entertainment execs out there extremely ****ed at the government right now? Some of them maybe even trying to get access to PRISM and it'll never happen lol

You miss the point completely. If the government has anything troving through my records or anyone elses records then that is wrong, human eye seeing it or not. It should not happen.

#24 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,862 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:24

Oh get over yourself. If you're not breaking the law, you don't matter to them.

I lol'd

#25 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,836 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:27

4. To talk to your friends and family, you can use a HAM radio to chat instead of VOIP, chat, video, or voice.

NSA certainly monitors regular radio.

7. Libraries are great places to find information without having the NSA seeing what you're researched and having what you searched for stored in their database.

If you check out a book, it gets stored in a computer database, along with your name, address, phone number. ;)

I don't quite understand some of the reactions here.

If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide (in most cases). However, it is perplexing that some don't seem to be bothered by any possible eavesdropping. What more could be a violation of your rights? Your privacy?

Some things that are innocent, or personal, sensitive, even joking, can be misinterpreted as questionable or threatening.

This can bring unwanted attention and embarrassment, or outright harassment of private individuals or companies.

#26 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

• 3,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:33

Under the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001, the feds *do* have access to their citizens' library records...

#27 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:34

Privacy is dead. Or, more precisely, it has been on life support since the beginning of time. Due to recent budget cuts life support of egregious commodities was deemed too costly and so it's dead now.
Humans are social beings by design. There has been, is and always will be someone who's not minding his own business and minds someone else's business instead, with varying amounts of success, and for multitude of reasons - pleasure, stupidity, curiosity, marketing statistics, vitally important strategic information, fear and quite possibly, because his own business is not much to mind about. That's not to say you should put your business on all possible stock exchanges, but acting against human nature is a sign of mental deviation of certain certainty.

#28 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,958 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:36

If you're not breaking the law, you don't matter to them.

Wow, if you 100% genuinely believe that, then you are very much mistaken.

#29 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

• 3,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:49

You were being spied on for the past decade and it didn't affect your life in any way, why do you need to do things differently now that you're aware that you're being spied on?

#30 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,287 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 13:51

You were being spied on for the past decade and it didn't affect your life in any way, why do you need to do things differently now that you're aware that you're being spied on?

So because we didn't know the extent in the past we shouldn't be angry now??

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!