xbox one

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 jimmy_jazz

jimmy_jazz

Neowinian

• 300 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 15:43

I could kinda understand if they used PC gameplay in the showcase, but If these are demo systems for E3 attendees to try out then this is dishonest and bad form from Microsoft

#17 ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

Neowinian

• 747 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 15:48

you want to run mission critical on "tried and true" hardware/software (which wouldn't be windows 8).

#18 ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

Neowinian

• 747 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 15:58

I could kinda understand if they used PC gameplay in the showcase, but If these are demo systems for E3 attendees to try out then this is dishonest and bad form from Microsoft

it's funny because sony did the same thing, it's even on video when they were talking about the controller and the ps camera.

#19 jimmy_jazz

jimmy_jazz

Neowinian

• 300 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:06

Well if that's the case, Sony are just as naughty

#20 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:09

LOL, not even Microsoft wants to use Windows 8

#21 ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

Neowinian

• 747 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:18

LOL, not even Microsoft wants to use Windows 8

smh, some people are just clueless. read the thread (it's only 2 pages so far) maybe you'd get some insight into why.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,933 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:27

smh, some people are just clueless. read the thread (it's only 2 pages so far) maybe you'd get some insight into why.

The Dev kits as well as the developers own test systems are all from long before 8 launched.

Some games ran on Xbox One early models, some ran on dev kits and some ran on computers the devs used for testing on games where the hardware doesn't really matter since the game is way below spec anyway it just needs to be able to run the dev kit.

#23 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:28

Oh yes I've read the apologists' excuses and fabricated conclusions, they just add to the hilarity.

#24 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,382 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:34

Haha I've read some funny stuff in this thread. There was loads of speculation that early 360 dev kits were powerPC macs yet I've never seen any proof of that other than some supposed pictures of metal cases. Unless someone owns one of the kits or has pictures of the internals of one, I doubt it's a mac.
Also, gamecube used to show off the wii...? REALLY? Come on... Where's the pictures of this?
I've got an entire official gamecube development system and sega katana development system at either side of me, both look like PCs but neither are PCs.

#25 ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

Neowinian

• 747 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:35

Oh yes I've read the apologists' excuses and fabricated conclusions, they just add to the hilarity.

interesting....I see.

#26 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,340 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:48

As long as what they're showing isn't misleading. The Xbox One UI demo has already been proven fake (it's not as smooth right now but probably will be in the end anyway), but something like the Kinect Milo demo is just flat out BS.

#27 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,050 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:54

This thread... really?

1) XB1 games and the XB1 OS were in development long before 8, more than likely these are Win7 machines running a virtualized test environment image set up for Win 7 machine long ago.
When debugging why would you want it running on the back of several different OS's? You wouldn't.
2) This is standard practice in the trade-show world, i will bet that all the major players were doing it, well those showing off software anyway.
3) You think the actual XB1 is finished?
4) Secure environment, no one can mess with a locked down virtual enviroment. Why hack your new XB OS to unstable bits, just run it on a full blown and easily manageable OS.

Hopefully people will see this is just standard practice since the dawn of time... i mean when i was a kid i went to a local computer shop to see some new demo of an Atari ST game that was being run through an Amiga. Not new news.

#28 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,370 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 17:03

you want to run mission critical on "tried and true" hardware/software (which wouldn't be windows 8).

I've seen comparisons saying app stability is far better in win8. This might not have even happened if it was...which is an amusing thought.

3) You think the actual XB1 is finished?

I would assume so since it'd have to be in manufacturing to reach hundreds of thousands of people at launch. I'd think they wouldn't open up preorders if they hadn't even started.

Software wise, perhaps not. Hardware wise, absolutely.

#29 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,296 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 17:05

Poor, poor windows8... all wonley and cold outside... :cry: /sarcasm

#30 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,169 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 17:43

Since its such a common practice (which it is) why would they hide that is not xbones in the cabinets but desktop PC's running Windows 7 with nVidia GPU's ?