Best Answer feature enabled

Please note:

The staff will not accept reports to mark answers to questions as solved. If the poster doesn't mark it we will mark them if we run across them. Please do not use the report function for this.

If I read the rules correctly, then to me, that's abuse of the report button, sounds like there might be some re enforcement needed for that feature...

Please note:

The staff will not accept reports to mark answers to questions as solved. If the poster doesn't mark it we will mark them if we run across them. Please do not use the report function for this.

It's nothing that drastic. I think of report abuse as things like reporting a post just because you disagree with it or something along those lines.

If the report center gets filled up with answer marking requests it just takes longer for us to deal with bigger issues like spam, personal attacks, etc.

Imagine how messy it would be if people reported posts where someone agreed with them but didn't hit the "Like" button. :)

If you see something that's obviously a good answer and nobody's marked it for a week or two it's fine. We want people to find answers to their problems immediately if possible, just don't overdo it.

It's nothing that drastic. I think of report abuse as things like reporting a post just because you disagree with it or something along those lines.

If the report center gets filled up with answer marking requests it just takes longer for us to deal with bigger issues like spam, personal attacks, etc.

Imagine how messy it would be if people reported posts where someone agreed with them but didn't hit the "Like" button. :)

If you see something that's obviously a good answer and nobody's marked it for a week or two it's fine. We want people to find answers to their problems immediately if possible, just don't overdo it.

Hint, hint says Eric. Fine, I'll give you a like, so you don't report me. :p

:D

Just to be clear, this is not directed at any members specifically. :)

To be honest, I didn't even know that some members used the report feature to mark their post as the best answer. :s But I'm glad that it's been changed as I think it should always be up to the OP, not a member who believes their answer is the best. :) Also, I know you weren't targeting specific members. :D