According to an interview with Bungie the patch was to fix inconsistent frame timings. At 30FPS frames are supposed to arrive 33ms apart. But they were ranging from 20-50 giving a stutter, which would give the illusion of a much lower framerate. - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-destiny-ps4-beta

First to 20K, or till the timer runs out yes.

Thanks, that clarifies things a bit. I wish they would put that in the description of the mode though.

Any idea what a "headshot spree" is? Is that 3 headshots in a row without dying?

I played about 30 minutes of the beta, and it's very Halo: Reach-ish, for better or worse. I'm not sure if I'll be a big fan of the RPG elements, but the gunplay seems fairly tight.

I'll probably wait for reviews before deciding on the full game since there's so much coming out this fall.

I just played the Beta last night since it opened up for everyone and I kinda like it. I'm playing it on my PS3 as I don't have a PS4 yet, but am contemplating the Destiny PS4 bundle in September. Will the bonuses I get from the PS3 beta be locked into PS3 or will they be available on the PS4 also?

I enjoyed the first Moon mission, but wish there was more. I was hoping they might open a new exploration area on the moon. There is certainly a lot of space to work with. The vehicles were a nice addition.

I decided to try out the pvp just so I could say I had. I'm just not feeling it. I can't say its bad, just that it does nothing to interest me. Maybe when I get some friends on it will be more fun, but I just feel like I'm dropped in, run like crazy, and die. I played one match on the moon map and wow, people flying around on the bikes just blowing you up as you try to cross into any zone gets very frustrating. I can get kills, but its just not satisfying.

I would say that the most satisfying moment in the game so far is winning one of those public events that randomly occur. It pop ups and suddenly everyone in the area drops what they are doing and descends on it. Its fun and feels pretty darn nice when we take down the target.

I am liking it more as they release more info but I am still not sold on it. Some game play things look too Halo like for me, which isn't a bad thing as such but let's see.

For me it seems like a mesh between Halo and Mass Effect to game for which I love.  So I'm sold.

That moon mission was very very short. Actually all missions so far are rather short and rather easy... I hope that's not a sign of the game story being doable in well under 10 hours.

Also while the Earth map in the beta is rather big (for a beta at least) IIRC we'll be getting just 3 planets on release. There some more areas you can't actually explore because you are instakilled by high level enemies so I'm not sure how much bigger maps actually are, but if it all amounts to about 3x the size of old Russia I think it'll feel a bit small for a complete game.

I don't think the beta is a good representation of what's in the final game, they're not going to include the whole thing (Even if they did leave sections of the Moon in that players could glitch in to). Bungie also said that each "location" would be about the size that Reach was, and they also didn't include stuff like the locations tied to Mars/Venus/Saturn/Jupiter at all in the Beta.

I liked the Moon mission, but I I was a little disappointed in the lack of a cut-scene when visiting the Speaker afterwards. I would have thought the revelation during the mission would have prompted more of "omg, we have to do something!" reaction; something with appropriate gravitas for the event. I hope the final version of the game does a better job at linking the story missions.

I also played some iron banner and was able to get the rank 1 hunter cloak and the titan sash. I didn't notice a big difference with the gear advantage being enabled for the mode. It mostly felt like the normal crucible Control mode. Maybe the difference will get more profound once we're all level 20 running around in purples, blues, and greens.

Overall, I've been really enjoying the game and I can't wait for launch.

I also played some iron banner and was able to get the rank 1 hunter cloak and the titan sash. I didn't notice a big difference with the gear advantage being enabled for the mode. It mostly felt like the normal crucible Control mode. Maybe the difference will get more profound once we're all level 20 running around in purples, blues, and greens.

Overall, I've been really enjoying the game and I can't wait for launch.

I'm kind of hoping that the armor you get via the Crucible is not the 'best' in the game. I've never been a huge fan of pvp, so I'm hoping I can earn armor that is as good even if I don't put in much time with the Crucible.I would be kind of surprised if Bungie didn't do that since they have to realize not everyone likes to play that part of the game.

From what I saw at the vendors, the Vanguard rewards look every bit as good as the crucible rewards. I think the crucible armor will have more bonuses tailored for pvp, but that was all I heard. I don't think we need to worry about pvp being the only way to get the best end game gear.

I was so skeptical about this game.. from early videos I thought it would be some MMO plain stuff with bad graphics and bad gun play.. but boy was I wrong.

The game is absolutely amazing. I loved every second playing it. 

Finished all story missions, went to the missing Guardian mission on the moon, explore the hell out of Old Russia Explore map, played quite a bit of Crucible. 

I got pretty much max items for each slot and even some level 9 ones but since we were capped at 8 I couldn't use any of them. I think my last power rating for the character was 159. 

So much fun. I love the story missions that feel like single player but you can still see other players that can join on you.

But my favorite thing are the public events as they happen in the explore areas.. wow that's a lot of fun..  I'm there with 2-3 guardians, then the attack begins and you just see another 8-10 guardians running in the help take it down. And without communication at all.. such a great experience that brings people together to play as a team without even trying too hard. 

Bungie did a great job and as always the music, sound effects and the feeling of Halo is definitely here but in the best possible way.

Can't wait for the release.

I forgot to comment on the music, but yeah, it was awesome.

The music they used during battles was great, it really pumped me up for the struggle :laugh:

I've always liked the music Bungie uses in their games, and this one is no exception.

That moon mission was very very short. Actually all missions so far are rather short and rather easy... I hope that's not a sign of the game story being doable in well under 10 hours.

Also while the Earth map in the beta is rather big (for a beta at least) IIRC we'll be getting just 3 planets on release. There some more areas you can't actually explore because you are instakilled by high level enemies so I'm not sure how much bigger maps actually are, but if it all amounts to about 3x the size of old Russia I think it'll feel a bit small for a complete game.

The strike mission sure isn't short though. 

the beta has made me interested in buying this game, even though I don't are that much for FPS games unless they have a solid SP story. 

The strike mission sure isn't short though. 

The strike mission is indeed quite cool, it's not long but it has a couple of fun events along the way that can take a while depending on how well you cooperate with your team mates.

With more strike missions like that one and some interesting raids I'm sold (so to speak, I pre-ordered already :D ).

I had a blast and finished every mission twice and did alot of exploring.  The moon was actually pretty big once i started exploring theres a massive underground area but i died half way into it and didnt feel like getting all the way back lol. 

Also the the theres still 3 more planets after you finish with the moon that we didnt get to see as well as other stuff so we havent even seen most of it.

It's fun enough except... the one tie I tried it the first major event took forever until we got it.

Then the spider tank, and first one dropped, then the other and I was alone and the game has no system for adding new players into running strike missions so I ad to drop.

It's fun enough except... the one tie I tried it the first major event took forever until we got it.

Then the spider tank, and first one dropped, then the other and I was alone and the game has no system for adding new players into running strike missions so I ad to drop.

I had a blast and finished every mission twice and did alot of exploring.  The moon was actually pretty big once i started exploring theres a massive underground area but i died half way into it and didnt feel like getting all the way back lol. 

Also the the theres still 3 more planets after you finish with the moon that we didnt get to see as well as other stuff so we havent even seen most of it.

I wanted to explore the Moon more before completing the mission because I stumbled upon that underground area, but I did not try to go down into it thinking that maybe it would be a later part of the mission anyway.  Sadly, I completed the mission and then not allowed to run it again, so I there was a lot of unexplored potential for me anyway.

The best part is that bungie can keep opening new planets via dlcs and the story can keep going for a long time.. They designed it so well that having dlcs will keep expanding on the universe