How can we co-op Larry? Care to explain the basics now that I have a copy again, I'm sure I read some of your complaints were that the game randomly parties you.

Yeah that was before I really understood what was going on and I also just had a bad night, somehow had some real idiots I got paired with. Ever since that night it has been a much better experience.

I just really follow the objectives and just play by myself. Think I just hit Level 5 last night. Then I just pick the equipment that has the best stats, and the guns I like most (currently loving the hand cannon or whatever it is called). I do wish the game did a better job at explaining things, but overall I pretty much just kind of go with the flow and stick to the campaign. I have yet to try a strikes or any other events. I figure I will wait for those until I level up some. I was also wrong, thought I would be playing this afternoon but it turns out my wife will not be home next Saturday afternoon.

This game is definitely more suited to people that have a decent amount of time to play. I checked, I have only played 2 hours and 2 minutes according to Bungie.net

gah, I really dislike the MP, or rather I probably dislike the matchmaking. I wish everyone would stop trying to invent the wheel and just use XBL's matchmaking it works. heck They helped develop the damn thing when they where with MS for Halo. 

Sure it's fair when it matches up a bunch of guys from 14 to 18 and one 24, with another team where pretty much everyone was 24+.... no wonder one of our team dropped. 

Yeah that was before I really understood what was going on and I also just had a bad night, somehow had some real idiots I got paired with. Ever since that night it has been a much better experience.

I just really follow the objectives and just play by myself. Think I just hit Level 5 last night. Then I just pick the equipment that has the best stats, and the guns I like most (currently loving the hand cannon or whatever it is called). I do wish the game did a better job at explaining things, but overall I pretty much just kind of go with the flow and stick to the campaign. I have yet to try a strikes or any other events. I figure I will wait for those until I level up some. I was also wrong, thought I would be playing this afternoon but it turns out my wife will not be home next Saturday afternoon.

This game is definitely more suited to people that have a decent amount of time to play. I checked, I have only played 2 hours and 2 minutes according to Bungie.net

I'm going to try playing tomorrow, been glued to Diablo 3 and spent hours getting my new PS4 setup (I forgot to exchange my 750GB hard drive in first time, so essentially spent ages setting up twice :x)

What class did you go?

I'm going to try playing tomorrow, been glued to Diablo 3 and spent hours getting my new PS4 setup (I forgot to exchange my 750GB hard drive in first time, so essentially spent ages setting up twice :x)

What class did you go?

Warlock. I recall reading it does not make a huge difference later on what class you pick as far as weapons at least.

Warlock. I recall reading it does not make a huge difference later on what class you pick as far as weapons at least.

as far as the weapons in the game go, no it does not matter what class you are, everyone can use everything. The classes are only about what special abilities you have.

Finally just got to lvl 20, Other than the first day (which i got to 13) i have not really had all that much time to play between work and the kids :p

post-120066-0-75891400-1410662329.png

Gash, I played one skirmish yesterday as I was on the left side on the map, then I played control matches since had a bounty, then before I stopped playing picked a bounty for skirmish matches... and I can't play skirmish matches yet... what kinda stupid cow dung is this...

S how exactly are heroic strike missions supposed to work ? 

I started the sepiks prime one twice today.

Frst I got dumped in the area outside with two lvl 11's for a lvl 22 mission... they where just running around outside of it shooting stuff. I entered the lair and got past a bit before I got to the big fight area where I had no chance alone. so back to orbit I go.

Next try. I get dumped same place but with two lvl 24, they're not in a fireteam or anything with me, first they both just run around outside shooting, then one enters the lair I'm right behind him but as he's not in a fireteam ...  other guy is still running around outside, no new people are coming in... 

I fail to see the point... do you have to manually group up with the two other guys in heroic for some idiot reason or what...  This combined with the up coming 6 person fireteam being friends only is annoying me. 

Oof. Just finished about 4.5 hours of playing. Hit level 20 and completed the story (which is rather weak, sadly). Overall I think the universe they created is very fascinating and is probably the reason I got sucked into the game, but the game itself is mediocre. I'm not a huge Crucible fan so I'm not sure what else I'm really going to do with this game. Probably going back to Titanfall as I started playing again a couple weeks before Destiny to finally try and clear Gen 8 and I'm pretty close so I have something to strive for in that game. Then maybe I'll revisit Destiny again.

Any announcements on when the first patch it hitting? I'm having a ton of fun with D3 and might hold off Destiny till it gets "sorted out" a little. PvZ too, that game is awesome.

Sorted out how ?  most of my issues with the game at least are design decisions and not something they seem to plan to change. 

Kind of like how they insist on having the fake mouse navigation and the "please hold the key forever instead of just pressing it to make your selection". a lot of their design decision doesn't make a lot of sense. It's a good game beneath, but, it's wrapped in bad choices and unnecessary complexity. 

Any announcements on when the first patch it hitting? I'm having a ton of fun with D3 and might hold off Destiny till it gets "sorted out" a little. PvZ too, that game is awesome.

Not sure about patches yet, but I'm sure they won't waste time squashing bugs. If you are just getting into D3, then you have more than enough gaming to keep you happy for a while :laugh:

How much have you played PvZ? Its great to hear your enjoying it though, I feel its a bit of an underrated game. I'm still having fun with it myself.

S how exactly are heroic strike missions supposed to work ? 

I started the sepiks prime one twice today.

Frst I got dumped in the area outside with two lvl 11's for a lvl 22 mission... they where just running around outside of it shooting stuff. I entered the lair and got past a bit before I got to the big fight area where I had no chance alone. so back to orbit I go.

Next try. I get dumped same place but with two lvl 24, they're not in a fireteam or anything with me, first they both just run around outside shooting, then one enters the lair I'm right behind him but as he's not in a fireteam ...  other guy is still running around outside, no new people are coming in... 

I fail to see the point... do you have to manually group up with the two other guys in heroic for some idiot reason or what...  This combined with the up coming 6 person fireteam being friends only is annoying me. 

You clearly have not given any effort to understand how the game works, so I see why you dislike it.

A couple of points:

Strikes are co-op missions that are supposed to be run by 3 people. The game will match you with 2 additional people of the level that the strike is for. So for example, if you are doing a strike on Moon (The Summoning Pits), that strike is level 12. So when you go and pick it from the map, you will get up to level 12 people playing matched with you. If you are higher level there is little reason for you to play those strikes because the rewards will not be worth the time (unless you are doing exotic bounties which count no matter the strike level). 

If you want to play with your rank, you go to Vanguard Strikes. That's where the really juicy stuff is anyways. So if you are level 22 you will pick a Strike 22 and the game will match you with level 22 players and above. Lower level players can't even play this. These are more challenging strikes (they are basically random strikes from all the maps) that give you vangard marks and other goodies towards you legendary/exotic stuff. Sure, you might get stuff by trying to wait for public events happening on Patrol areas but Vangard Strikes is where it's at.

Map Strikes you choose from planets are meant for players who play that planet in their appropriate level. 

If you are playing a strike, it will start you off on that map in the public area where the level is much lower until you get to the strike zone. As soon as you step into the strike zone (or mission for that matter) the only people getting in are your Fireteam, otherwise the game would have 12 people doing strikes if they were opened for everyone at the time you are doing them.

So pass that "Respawn restricted area" and you will be with your fireteam only, all other blue players will not be in with you.

Strikes are meant to be played with 3 players. Raids on the other hand (opening on 16th) are meant to be played up to 6 players because of their difficulty. They will be something we haven't seen so far and they will have different bosses and will be VERY challenging. Thus you will need to be level 26 to play them. The rewards however will be amazing based on what Bungie said if you complete them. They will be packed with puzzles along side difficult opponents and NORMAL or HARD depending on the challenge players want. HARD ones will give even better stuff as well.

The reason why they are doing Raids with 6 friends player team is because of the communication. They are very challenging and people you join with need to be able to communicate with you to complete the tasks alongside the fights. So if you were to join a Raid with 5 people you don't know, and they don't have mics, you will be super frustrated and you won't be able to complete the raid. This is why they are forcing 6 players that are connected, aka friends. 

I personally am very excited about Raids.. I have found a ton of friends on Xbox One that I met online playing Destiny and Call of Duty extinction by simply playing with them and it's a blast. Actually we are all excited we could be playing Raids up to 6 people as we have felt that 3 people fireteam was restricting a bit and hoped we could have at least 4. Raids with better rewards make it all even juicier and fun.

Giving the game a try from Redbox. The only other console FPS I played was the Medal of Honor Frontline HD remake so I thought aiming would fun going from mouse and keyboard, so I should suck at it for a while.....Nope the auto aim/aim assist is crazy, doing most of the work. Is this normal for console FPS? I don't remember MoH Frontline being easy and last time I played that was two years ago with the original PS1 control settings (no iron sights). The crosshair is not even over the enemy due to my gun's kickback but I'm still chipping the enemy's health down like its nothing.

You clearly have not given any effort to understand how the game works, so I see why you dislike it.

A couple of points:

Strikes are co-op missions that are supposed to be run by 3 people. The game will match you with 2 additional people of the level that the strike is for. So for example, if you are doing a strike on Moon (The Summoning Pits), that strike is level 12. So when you go and pick it from the map, you will get up to level 12 people playing matched with you. If you are higher level there is little reason for you to play those strikes because the rewards will not be worth the time (unless you are doing exotic bounties which count no matter the strike level). 

If you want to play with your rank, you go to Vanguard Strikes. That's where the really juicy stuff is anyways. So if you are level 22 you will pick a Strike 22 and the game will match you with level 22 players and above. Lower level players can't even play this. These are more challenging strikes (they are basically random strikes from all the maps) that give you vangard marks and other goodies towards you legendary/exotic stuff. Sure, you might get stuff by trying to wait for public events happening on Patrol areas but Vangard Strikes is where it's at.

Map Strikes you choose from planets are meant for players who play that planet in their appropriate level. 

If you are playing a strike, it will start you off on that map in the public area where the level is much lower until you get to the strike zone. As soon as you step into the strike zone (or mission for that matter) the only people getting in are your Fireteam, otherwise the game would have 12 people doing strikes if they were opened for everyone at the time you are doing them.

So pass that "Respawn restricted area" and you will be with your fireteam only, all other blue players will not be in with you.

Strikes are meant to be played with 3 players. Raids on the other hand (opening on 16th) are meant to be played up to 6 players because of their difficulty. They will be something we haven't seen so far and they will have different bosses and will be VERY challenging. Thus you will need to be level 26 to play them. The rewards however will be amazing based on what Bungie said if you complete them. They will be packed with puzzles along side difficult opponents and NORMAL or HARD depending on the challenge players want. HARD ones will give even better stuff as well.

The reason why they are doing Raids with 6 friends player team is because of the communication. They are very challenging and people you join with need to be able to communicate with you to complete the tasks alongside the fights. So if you were to join a Raid with 5 people you don't know, and they don't have mics, you will be super frustrated and you won't be able to complete the raid. This is why they are forcing 6 players that are connected, aka friends. 

I personally am very excited about Raids.. I have found a ton of friends on Xbox One that I met online playing Destiny and Call of Duty extinction by simply playing with them and it's a blast. Actually we are all excited we could be playing Raids up to 6 people as we have felt that 3 people fireteam was restricting a bit and hoped we could have at least 4. Raids with better rewards make it all even juicier and fun.

Either you didn't read my post or you don't understand ?t yourself. Yes regular strikes work like that, heroics don't. When you enter a heroic you DO NOT get put in a fireteam.

As for friends only raids, sorry that's a bunch of BS the Xbox One has built in communication and if people want to sign up for a pug raid they damn well should be able to.

Either you didn't read my post or you don't understand ?t yourself. Yes regular strikes work like that, heroics don't. When you enter a heroic you DO NOT get put in a fireteam.

Nope.. heroic has nothing to do with that.. they work the exact same way as normal as in when you enter a strike only your fireteam enters the mission (of if you are alone it will be only you) and all the blue/other players who are not part of your fireteam are left out of your game and they will join their own respawn restricted areas for the same mission.. that's how it works.. it's not a speculation, I'm level 26 almost and I have played this a gazillion times and already know the game in and out..

the difference between normal and heroic and above are that when you do a strike on heroic you have revive your teammates as there is no respawn timer like there is on normal. On heroic the 3 of you have to revive each other or the person that's down won't respawn, period. 

You can play strikes beyond heroic as well.. when you reach level 24 you open up strikes at Vangard at 24 hard and 28 impossible level of difficulty. There are multiple filters that are applied in each difficulty going beyond hard. 

There are icons that mean (enemy is angrier, difficulty is set to epic instead of heroic, the ammo is not replenished for your primary weapon, the damage is done by ark weapons etc etc)..  These difficulty levels are represented by icons when you select a Vanguard strike for a specific level.

Also, there are cool things like if you manage to do a Weekly Nightfall strike (level 28 impossible) you get exotic items and a ton of ascendant shards. 

As for friends only raids, sorry that's a bunch of BS the Xbox One has built in communication and if people want to sign up for a pug raid they damn well should be able to.

First of all I played Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction and Strikes and missions on Destiny and almost NOONE has a mic. So I understand how big and terrible experience it would be if they let people match up in the public lobby and can't communicate. Raids are going to be far more difficulty and will require strong communication and dedication to complete.

I completely disagree.. I am glad they are doing the friends only party for Raids.. it forces folks to pair up and friend each other and will be a better experience for everyone instead of me joining a Raid and 4 out of 6 people doesn't have mics (and that's a scenario you will see, just like I have seen happen in other similar co-op games).

Also, Raids will take about 3 hours to complete.. how in the hell do you think you can play reliably with 6 randoms for 3 hours? There's NO WAY. Little spoiled whiners will join the raid, we will start playing, we will get half way through it and they will drop off.. It happens EVERY single time in other games that require teamwork that are far easier.

Raids are meant for the most dedicate players, end of story. Get friends and it's not hard and you can finish raids. Public matchmaking for such a dedicated task is NEVER going to work and will only lead to frustration for those who want to see it through.

As Bungie says

?That barrier to entry ? the requirement that you get a group of people together and venture into something that is going to challenge your ability to work together (first) and your thumbs (second) ? is a barrier I was willing to erect to preserve the activity goals. Bleeding edge hardcore groups will invest some significant amount of time in figuring out the encounters and making their way through the Vault.?

?The Vault of Glass is in many ways an activity that will build groups from the disparate people who come together to try and make their way through it. It?s very much a team building exercise.?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123373556&postcount=1085

Actually we are all excited we could be playing Raids up to 6 people as we have felt that 3 people fireteam was restricting a bit and hoped we could have at least 4.

Wow, a game in 2014 has raids with 6 people. Amazing.

Nope.. heroic has nothing to do with that.. they work the exact same way as normal as in when you enter a strike only your fireteam enters the mission (of if you are alone it will be only you) and all the blue/other players who are not part of your fireteam are left out of your game and they will join their own respawn restricted areas for the same mission.. that's how it works.. it's not a speculation, I'm level 26 almost and I have played this a gazillion times and already know the game in and out..

So either you haven't played heroic or you didn't read my post.

ANY OTHER strike mission the game will find two teammates for you and plant you with them in the public zone AS A FIRETEAM.

when you launch heroic, you are dropped in the open zone WITHOUT BEING GROUPED WITH A FIRETEAM.

READ MY FIRST POST. seriously.  This is either a bug or bad design for Heroic as they should work just as the normal non heroic strike missions. 

Raids are meant for the most dedicate players, end of story. Get friends and it's not hard and you can finish raids. Public matchmaking for such a dedicated task is NEVER going to work and will only lead to frustration for those who want to see it through.

And Bungie is the first and only game maker in the world who restricts raids to friends only and not for PUG's. There is NO reason for them to restrict the raids to friends only. if people want to pug raids, let them, there's no logical reason to limit this. 

So either you haven't played heroic or you didn't read my post.

ANY OTHER strike mission the game will find two teammates for you and plant you with them in the public zone AS A FIRETEAM.

when you launch heroic, you are dropped in the open zone WITHOUT BEING GROUPED WITH A FIRETEAM.

READ MY FIRST POST. seriously.  This is either a bug or bad design for Heroic as they should work just as the normal non heroic strike missions. 

Out of 35 strikes I've done so far ranging in difficulties from normal to impossible, I have not really experienced that.. don't know what to tell you..

If you don't like the game as much as you seem like, just don't play it I guess.. trade it in and move on with your life is my advice.

Does anyone think the game might have turned out "better" if they had just gone straight up PS4/XB1 and not had the PS3/360 versions as the lowest common denominator? Or are there deeper flaws?

Still not played it yet...