Does anyone think the game might have turned out "better" if they had just gone straight up PS4/XB1 and not had the PS3/360 versions as the lowest common denominator? Or are there deeper flaws?

Still not played it yet... 

Not really, i mean they did their best with the new consoles being as they were exactly that , new i am sure with destiny 2 they will make the game even better looking and i am rather certain they would not release it for the old consoles. As far as the old console version you can kinda tell that you are playing a port rather than a game that was made specifically for your console. Some of the things in the game have amazing textures that look just like the PS4 / xbone version but others look horrible like they did the texture conversion wrong or something. I have run into a lot of this throughout the game. (I am playing the PS3 version and did the beta on a borrowed PS4)

Anyone having issues connecting?  Keeps telling me I need to be connected to Live to play.  I am connected.

NEver mind.  After the 3rd time logging in/out....I was prompted for an update for Destiny.  This game is not without its bugs.

Don't see how any of the "issues" have anything to do with limits imposed by last gen. just bad choices in design.

Have to agree. Most things I'd consider issues just seem like design decisions made likely pretty early on about the direction they were going to take.

Calling it the definitive version for Xbox One seems like troll-bait because Bungie themselves haven't released a definitive titled edition of Destiny and according to them its the PS4 version because of the exclusivity deal with Sony which doesn't expire until Fall 2015. PS4 has a full year of additional destiny content before the Xbox One gets it.

Call it what you would like. No troll bait here, just merely stating my opinion as to why it's the definitive version for me. Not sure why that is so difficult for you to grasp.

You also make mention that you played the Beta on the PS4 but bought the final version for the Xbox One? You needed to pre-order the game in order to play the beta... Doesn't make sense that you would somehow own both to play the beta's and then somehow only end up with one on the Xbox. It also doesn't make sense that you would pre-order the same game on both systems, it also doesnt make sense that you would choose the Xbox One version of the game over the PS4 if you owned both consoles because its not the same game. The PS4 version has more content and features and earlier access to DLC's. It literally has destiny content that won't be available on the Xbox One for another year..

I played the beta and the alpha on the PS4, along with the beta on the Xbox One. I pre-ordered the game for both consoles, then canceled my pre-order for both consoles right away after I received the code to download the betas. I play games on both consoles, not just one. I enjoy both, so I play on both. I don't worship plastic. I ended up with the Xbox One version because more friends and family are playing the Xbox One version, it has a better online service in my experience, a better controller, still has the same DLC and exactly what I said above.

If I only owned an Xbox One I would probably just buy it and not be too fussed about the missing content the PS4 has, but if I owned both I would definitely get it on the PS4.

Everyone is entitled to their preference, and I won't knock you for having yours. Hopefully you would respect others and not knock them for having theirs.

edit: Looking further into this I checked the PSN account you have posted in your sig and it doesn't show Destiny in the trophies list, trophies were earn-able in the beta and even if you didn't earn any it shows every game you have played on that account and shows 0 progress/0 trophies. Yours doesn't have Destiny at all. Judging by the game play statistics it looks more like you created a PSN account to play on a friends PS4 rather than have your own but that's just what it looks like to me.

Bummer for you. You are not a very good "detective". That's why I have PSN+ and my own PS4. Wanna try again?  :laugh: 

bungiepsn.pngpsn2.png

psn3.png

psnplus.png

Did a heroic mission last night (

The one with the three witches at the end

) and nearly couldn't finish it, the beginning was easy the last fight i wiped on probably 10 times :( and didn't even get any loot.

I just finished the first mission on Venus, which had WAVE AFTER WAVE AFTER WAVE of Goblins....I didn't think they were EVER gonna stop respawning.

Yeah I did that yesterday and thought I must be doing something wrong!!

Wait till you get to mars, that's relentless!

Raid impressions:

It's HAAAARD.. I mean you literally have to be 26+ level to even deal damage to enemies you have to do stuff in such a coordinated way that it adds at least a couple of more layers of difficulty on top just stuff like Strikes. To give you a feel I'm basically 26 level (just need a few lights to get there) with 1050 defense and weapons around 240-260 damage and I can barely kill one minotaur by myself and you get a ton of them in the very beginning while opening the vault doors.

The teamwork needs to be INSANE.. This answers the question on why Bungie said that only friends could play this. I can't even begin to explain to you what level of communications all 6 members need to have.

We spent 2+ hours just getting to the oracle chamber (and that's near the beginning or the vault) and we disbanded as a group because it takes a huge toll on everyone's time and it was morning already and we are all online buddies that play non-stop Destiny together.

6 randoms in public matchmaking is NEVER EVER going to be even be remotely close to finishing.. I doubt randoms could even get into the vault. Forget about it. You MUST have 6 people because the puzzles/tactics require it and communication needs to be top notch not to mention that everyone has to have hours dedicated to the raid.

If you have the guts and are level 26+ I say go ahead but don't go in with expectations that you won't die a trillion times and fail. 

That being said, with every success there is so much joy and the loots offer ascendant materials and other good stuff.

The teamwork needs to be INSANE.. This answers the question on why Bungie said that only friends could play this. I can't even begin to explain to you what level of communications all 6 members need to have.

No, it really doesn't. There are MMO's with MUCH MUCH harder raids requiring complete synchronization and cooperation of 5+ times as many players, and they still allow PUGs. 

There's no reaon no matter how hard it is to not allow PUGs who want PUG to PUG. 

No, it really doesn't. There are MMO's with MUCH MUCH harder raids requiring complete synchronization and cooperation of 5+ times as many players, and they still allow PUGs. 

There's no reaon no matter how hard it is to not allow PUGs who want PUG to PUG. 

Hawkman.. I don't know why you have to be negative non-stop so much.. Cheer up man. 

Here's what you can do.. you can go to the tower, pick up randoms that have a mic and invite them to the party/fireteam.. We did that last night and this is what most people do that i have seen. It's two clicks away and very simple. Having public matchmaking is DUMB with this level of difficulty because you simply have to have people who are willing to play it and not drop out at the first sign of frustration and have mics and can create strategies. The problem is that you HAVE TO HAVE 6 people. With public matchmaking, you have one random person drop out and that person ruins it for everyone.

You are not prevented to play with randoms but you MUST have people who can communicate and stick around because if they don't nobody can progress in the vault. After you've played the Vault of Glass you should understand.

I don't understand why you are being so hateful.

I'm not being hateful, I'm crisiziing bad and terrible design decision on what is a decent game and could be a great game. 

What prevents you from inviting people to your fireteam from the towter to play raid even if they are not your friend? You simply inspect the player and invite them to the fireteam when you want to play raid? 

Raids are not multiplayer type of gameplay where people just jump in and out. That's why you need to gather the fireteam before you go into the raid and the game allows you to do that by design without any problems. You can see their stats as well and see if you want them on your team, with random matchmaking you wouldn't have that option.

You are making a federal case out of something completely irrelevant and a non-issue at that.

because ninja inviting people to fireteams is rude. as anyonre who's played any sort of MMO before would know. you queue up for what you want to do, you don't run around randomly inviting people to do something while they're busy doing other stuff. 

what would it hurt them to do like everyone else and have a public queue for the raid. answer: nothing. 

what would it hurt them to do like everyone else and have a public queue for the raid. answer: nothing. 

It would hurt. It would hurt people who want to complete the raid and get public matched with people who leave half way through or without mics. It lowers the experience of the Raids and makes it super annoying for those who are dedicated to finish. Once you lose one of the raid partners everything goes to hell and then you have to get another player who has no clue where and how what strategies you have used so far etc etc.. 

It would be a terrible experience and I'm sure this is why they decided against it.

If the raids had more people like MMOs then yes random people could join and drop out without messing things up for others but after watching 6 people raid on twitch I have agree with Boz. Having random people who get mad and drop out can mess up everything, yea you can get a new random person who doesn't use a mic and will just do their own thing, no teamwork.

Just over 11 hours after it was first made available to play Destiny?s first Raid has been beaten by a team called PrimeGuard. The six man fire team consisted of players FraserBaws, KingSmaals, McTwidget, nanowatts, psx-Yoshi, and Des_Waffles. Bungie confirmed that they were the first to complete the Raid via this Tweet.

Bxrj7Q1CAAE_UJC.jpg

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/511972115776425984

Doing some quick math from the post-game report the team killed 5733 enemies, and died 1325 times. The team consisted of two Hunters, three Titans, and one Warlock all at or above level 26. You can check out more stats from the players and their historic run at the link above.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/destinys-raid-finally-beaten/

It basically took these guys 11 hours to beat it.

That's ridiculous. lol. 

Well the problem is that Bungie things that the way to add difficulty in "dungeons" and "raids" is to add more health and immunity. It's like they've learned nothing in the decade of other companies doing this, and any end game content being that simple and unintelligent gets bashed by the entire gamer fanbase. 

Just over 11 hours after it was first made available to play Destiny?s first Raid has been beaten by a team called PrimeGuard. The six man fire team consisted of players FraserBaws, KingSmaals, McTwidget, nanowatts, psx-Yoshi, and Des_Waffles. Bungie confirmed that they were the first to complete the Raid via this Tweet.

Bxrj7Q1CAAE_UJC.jpg

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/511972115776425984

Doing some quick math from the post-game report the team killed 5733 enemies, and died 1325 times. The team consisted of two Hunters, three Titans, and one Warlock all at or above level 26. You can check out more stats from the players and their historic run at the link above.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/destinys-raid-finally-beaten/

It basically took these guys 11 hours to beat it.

That's awesome! Bungie knocked this one out of the park, that is for sure.

That's awesome! Bungie knocked this one out of the park, that is for sure.

Playing for 11 hours and dying 200 times (per person) is awesome? Whatever they got for it can't have been worth it. Just reminds me of the south park WoW episode.

Playing for 11 hours and dying 200 times (per person) is awesome? Whatever they got for it can't have been worth it. Just reminds me of the south park WoW episode.

Kind of have to agree with you there. I'm all for challenging games that you die to your own mistakes like the Souls series, but this just sounds like artificially bumped imblanace.

Still not played my copy of Destiny yet :/ Noticed retailers prices dropping. Tesco are now selling a PS4 with Destiny for ?329.99, used to be ?349.99.