I am liking it more as they release more info but I am still not sold on it. Some game play things look too Halo like for me, which isn't a bad thing as such but let's see.

i really want this game but i do not want to waste money on the PS3 or PC version i want to wait till i get a PS4 before i buy the game. and I can honestly say it was this game that made me want a PS4 (next gen console) 

Yeah, this is definitely still the game I am most looking forward to for the PS4. Though, The Order is quickly reaching the same status for me, given all that has come out of Gamescom so far.

I enjoyed all of the Halos, so the "halo-like" gameplay is something I'm actually looking forward to. Though, to be honest I'm more excited about the universe, lore, and RPG elements more than the gunplay. I just hope the loot system is good.

i really want this game but i do not want to waste money on the PS3 or PC version i want to wait till i get a PS4 before i buy the game. and I can honestly say it was this game that made me want a PS4 (next gen console) 

What are you expecting to get out of a PS4 version that you couldn't get out of PC?

I just hope the loot system is good.

IMO, this will make or break the game.

What are you expecting to get out of a PS4 version that you couldn't get out of PC?

I no longer have a Fully featured Gaming PC to play it on All i have is a nicely configured Gaming laptop (SLI GT650M Graphics Cards) Core i7 2.4Ghz, and 16Gb DDR3 so I am afraid it will not play as well on my laptop as i would get on the PS4 or at least it wont look as pretty :D

Too much Halo in this from the looks of it. I will not be buying this unless there's something really compelling in this game. Halo was dead when Call of Duty 4 hit.

Not a fan of CoD either as that series is spammed to death. This game looks like it needs to improve on its gameplay though.

Too much Halo in this from the looks of it. I will not be buying this unless there's something really compelling in this game. Halo was dead when Call of Duty 4 hit.

Not a fan of CoD either as that series is spammed to death. This game looks like it needs to improve on its gameplay though.

I'd say Halo + Borderlands + MMO sounds pretty compelling. But that's just me.

What do you want exactly? Non-FPS?

I think Titanfall looks like Halo, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'd say Halo + Borderlands + MMO sounds pretty compelling. But that's just me.

What do you want exactly? Non-FPS?

I think Titanfall looks like Halo, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Titanfall is not Halo at all.  Halo 3 is when the series took a nosedive. I never said anything about making the game something else, that's your assumption. Bungie needs to try some fresh and updated ideas because this game seems heavily Halo influenced.

Titanfall is not Halo at all.  Halo 3 is when the series took a nosedive. I never said anything about making the game something else, that's your assumption. Bungie needs to try some fresh and updated ideas because this game seems heavily Halo influenced.

Didn't say Titanfall was Halo, I said it looks like it, and it does, especially compared to the studios previous CoD works.

Halo 3 was as good a shooter as any from the PS3/360 gen.

I assumed nothing, I asked. You failed to answer.

Bungie, like most companies in the world, should do what they are good at.

• 1 month later...

New "Official Destiny Gameplay Trailer" added to OP and info about Destiny Beta:

You might have read a little rumor last week that implied we?d be hosting a public beta for Destiny, early in 2014. Sometimes, where there?s smoke, there?s fire. To celebrate the official announcement, we?ve prepared a strike of multimedia showing off the Moon, the Hive, and of course, a brave trio of Guardians in action.

Check it out!

Official Destiny Gameplay Trailer: The Moon

Defend our home. Defeat our enemies. Become Legend

<gameplay trailer>

If you?re ready to reserve your hands-on time, you can pre-order Destiny at participating retailers now to get access to the Beta.

Codes are available while supplies last. If you want to secure a spot, visit http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy, or visit a participating retailer in person.

Once you have your code in hand, come on back to http://bungie.net/beta and follow the three simple steps to complete your reservation. Any questions? Visit the FAQ!

madd hatter is right, there's nothing wrong with his assessment as I see it. I think we all expect Destiny to be heavily influenced by the Halo legacy, and why not? Even the cover art and the image of that moon thing on Earth look like they came out of the Halo universe. And why not again? it's the same people. I look forward to this on PS4, or X1, whichever comes first...should be good, so long as it's not rated PG for pretty much the same game as last year (ok lame GTA V joke)

• 1 month later...

If MS release Halo 5 in their typical Sept slot, they're pretty boned IMO. 4 already lost a lot of the fanbase, and going up against Bungie is the kicker.

Can't wait to see more of the game though. Shame it's such a long wait.

If MS release Halo 5 in their typical Sept slot, they're pretty boned IMO. 4 already lost a lot of the fanbase, and going up against Bungie is the kicker.

Halo 4 was released in November, not September. And it also set sales records for the franchise, so I don't think they have anything to worry about.

Halo 4 was released in November, not September. And it also set sales records for the franchise, so I don't think they have anything to worry about.

This.  I'd be more inclined to think (and I hope I'm wrong) that a new Bungie game will largely end up like the new JK Rowling book.  Sold well initially but then nobody talked about it because it wasn't Harry Potter.  Bungie's new game might move a solid amount of copies but it won't come close to Halo 5 because Halo 5 is Halo.

I pre-ordered it back in october from Amazon hoping for a beta code.  Apparently Amazon.ca is not giving out beta codes.   So cancelled that and pre-ordered through Futureshop, but the order isn't showing up under my account, but the order is valid.  Destiny looks fricken' sick.

Yeah, they split them between September and November, probably depending on November AAAs. Halo 4 sales certainly don't mean much today in relation to the fanbase's opinion. We all know big sales != good games.

We'll for all the people who bought it it probably is. Doesn't mean it's a good game for you. But if you're going to give a metric how good a game is, sales is a pretty good indicator, but no metric will ever say what is a good game to you, just to the reviewer, the mass population or whatever is doing the rating.

We'll for all the people who bought it it probably is. Doesn't mean it's a good game for you. But if you're going to give a metric how good a game is, sales is a pretty good indicator, but no metric will ever say what is a good game to you, just to the reviewer, the mass population or whatever is doing the rating.

I haven't said a thing about how I feel about the game. I'm going off what I read on Halo forums. The game is dead online, a first for any Halo.

If Halo 5 is a good game, I think sales will be fine. Good AAA games tend to sell well even if other AAA titles are around. COD vs BF4, etc, etc. Sure it can get crowded, so we will see when MS decides to release. They probably want to space out AAA X1 releases so I would bet they do not load up September. Let Destiny be the big X1 AAA title for Sept and have Halo sometime after.

If Halo 5 is a bad game, well it won't matter when its released.

I think halo 5 will be fine, I liked 4s SP actually and since I'm not a big MP player I didn't have a issue with it, I never used the loadouts so I don't know what problems people had with it or the boosts you got for doing things. Anyways, if the fans are as vocal an out things as they tend to be then 343i will make the changes it needs to. I hope Spartan Ops is still around though, I liked that idea a lot.