The problem with those approaches (which are otherwise very reasonable) is that they would require that both me and my friends had enough time (and on the same schedule) to be able to grind raids and >33 PoE together.

Random loot and matchmaking is all there can be for me right now to rationalize playing this game any longer. At least as of now.

That I can agree with, I've not had a solid group of 6 for Raids since the game started. People come and go every so often, thankfully we've typically managed to replace them, and we have always stuck to Tuesdays as a Raid night to keep it simple however I think Matchmaking is only available on 28 PoE, 32 and above where the good stuff is does not matchmake to my knowledge.

So I'm just wondering, since this things been out so long, is it worth jumping in now or in a few months?  Or are you so far behind it's not worth it?

So I'm just wondering, since this things been out so long, is it worth jumping in now or in a few months?  Or are you so far behind it's not worth it?

There's no "far behind" in this game, there is "I have another 5 friends in Destiny I can play with routinely" or "I don't".

You can get up to the pre-end game level/equipment rather fast, then it's just a matter of whether you can grind for the top level gear or not.

Right now you can get up to level 32 with decent weapons on your own without even grinding for loot, just playing to get vanguard marks and strange coins to buy some armor and weapons. It'll take some time but only because of the artificial caps on how many marks and coins you can get each week.

What level is your Character(s)

As Ichi has said, you can get a character up to 32 with not a lot of time if you're below that. Once you get to 32 you can go for level 32 PoE and with only a few hours a week you can easily reach 34 in a few weeks. If you can get to 33 then you can attempt the level 34 PoE and get there even quicker.

I still come across plenty low level characters, its never too late to get back into it as right now there is probably one of the easiest paths to max light since the game was released.

Never too late :) there's enough to do, especially when you have some friends who play too.

• 3 weeks later...

If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.

Maybe I'm getting a bit too old for that, because that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Do people really pay for ingame emotes? Or, more to the point, is people actually buying the same game again for online emotes?

Particularly in a game like Destiny. When playing with strangers I haven't seen anyone ever using emotes for anything other than dancing at the end of a mission (ie. nothing remotely useful, memorable or funny in any way) and when playing with friends we'd rather taunt each others through the mic.

Maybe I'm getting a bit too old for that, because that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Do people really pay for ingame emotes? Or, more to the point, is people actually buying the same game again for online emotes?

Particularly in a game like Destiny. When playing with strangers I haven't seen anyone ever using emotes for anything other than dancing at the end of a mission (ie. nothing remotely useful, memorable or funny in any way) and when playing with friends we'd rather taunt each others through the mic.

My buddy does the counter strike t-bag motion every time I die during raids, I find that funny.

Yeah, the pricing structure they're going with is a tad concerning, especially since they haven't made any mention of Australian numbers (It was apparently on the Xbox and PS4 stores for a while by accident, and with those prices it'd be stupid.) It really seems like they just decided American pricing and applied a markup everywhere else, I'm not going to buy a expansion pack for the cost of an entire new game.

And then having pre-order bonuses as a $20 extra is just amazingly dumb.

I like how Destiny plays, but if these are their plans for keeping the game fresh then I'm out.

I'm amazed people still play this and that interview shows the contempt they clearly have for their fan base

I know one guy who has completely dropped the game now and most of the "raid team" are pretty much saying they are done also. Unless Bungie/Activision come up with a new price plan (I couldn't care less about the $20 emote crap) for the DLC I think this will be the final nail in a game I've really enjoyed playing.

http://thezeroreview.com/newsitorial/bungie-apologizes-destiny-pricing-fans-still-left-angry/

Did anyone think this would work differently? Are people really so naive and unaware of economics, trends, and history? This is prediction 101.

Which part? 

The lets over charge for a single DLC or lets give new people everything for half the price and some stuff that the old fans won't have unless they pay another

Which part?

All of it.

I, like many others that eagerly awaited Destiny, thought highly of Bungie/Halo. However, anyone who considers themselves a gamer should be aware of Activision's methods and habits.

That was enough to deter me from the start.

Now, in the fall, I'll be able to enjoy a co-op campaign with a friend who recently purchased a PS4, for the price that I expected with the included content that I expected... I see people complaining about being screwed for being an early adopter and I say welcome to the world of technology.

All of it.

I, like many others that eagerly awaited Destiny, thought highly of Bungie/Halo. However, anyone who considers themselves a gamer should be aware of Activision's methods and habits.

That was enough to deter me from the start.

Now, in the fall, I'll be able to enjoy a co-op campaign with a friend who recently purchased a PS4, for the price that I expected with the included content that I expected... I see people complaining about being screwed for being an early adopter and I say welcome to the world of technology.

I'm one of those early adopters so giving my 2 cents....

I have no objection to "game of the year" style editions where DLC's are included. However I would kind of expect that to come, once the game and its planned DLC's have dropped. With another two still planned, I'd consider waiting for the eventual "complete package somewhere down the line.

As frustrating as it can be to be paying what I paid vs a new person I get it and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is being charged

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

heh, they showed off their special "Year One" emblem today, to get it you need to complete a checklist of tasks which I can't do, so oh well.

It's just a emblem so meh, but the requirements have basically made me think "Why bother?", paired with the stupid DLC pricing I'm honestly not feeling like even playing current Destiny anymore.

Odd thing I just realized, it's harder to get the Year One emblem than it was to get the "Played the Alpha" emblem.

Year One emblem requires you to have a max level character and completed all the end game content on hard, Alpha emblem required you to start a time-limited mission during the alpha period (Which was open to everybody).

Odd thing I just realized, it's harder to get the Year One emblem than it was to get the "Played the Alpha" emblem.

Year One emblem requires you to have a max level character and completed all the end game content on hard, Alpha emblem required you to start a time-limited mission during the alpha period (Which was open to everybody).

Funny thing is.... Out of all the things I'm missing - it's two gold chests!

I've done everything else but with the games coming out over the rest of the year, and the price tag on TTK I think Destinys life has finally came to an end so I'm not overly fussed.

I did the golden chests on Earth because they give you a custom speeder, but other chests just give you random items so I never bothered (Although I think one on Mars gives you a strange coin)

For me it's mainly the max level requirement, along with the 2 raids on hard and PoE. I hit level 23 months ago and haven't been able to progress (RNG likes to give me items with lower light value), and I don't have any friends (lol) to do the raids with, and none of the lfg sites ever show a match for me. I also don't play for huge amounts of time, I play to have fun, not grind, so an hour or two in a session is enough for me (And might get me 3 whole engrams).

Edit: My best option is to grind out bounties so I can get vanguard gear, and I am close to that, but I really do not enjoy grinding.

Edit 2: Also, still no pricing information for the standalone TTK release, the early prices that leaked put it at ~$75, which is way to much for simple DLC.

I did the golden chests on Earth because they give you a custom speeder, but other chests just give you random items so I never bothered (Although I think one on Mars gives you a strange coin)

For me it's mainly the max level requirement, along with the 2 raids on hard and PoE. I hit level 23 months ago and haven't been able to progress (RNG likes to give me items with lower light value), and I don't have any friends (lol) to do the raids with, and none of the lfg sites ever show a match for me. I also don't play for huge amounts of time, I play to have fun, not grind, so an hour or two in a session is enough for me (And might get me 3 whole engrams).

Edit: My best option is to grind out bounties so I can get vanguard gear, and I am close to that, but I really do not enjoy grinding.

Edit 2: Also, still no pricing information for the standalone TTK release, the early prices that leaked put it at ~$75, which is way to much for simple DLC.

If you're on psn add me via pm I'll get you run through some poe's and gear you up

My hunter hasn't even done vog, let alone anything else (originally was just a bag toon), and is 34 just from trading in armor cores

Without friends I would never have played the game so much.

I love the game, and despite right now everything is just about repeating things with very little left I need (I have the vast majority of the guns people want) I still think , oh I've not done this weekly and I've not done this Nightfall etc :(

I can't remember exactly what's available but you might want to try out some of the Strike playlists, better chance at decent rewards and it will match make you so your not 100% on your own struggling through. Gives you the Vanguard Marks and Rep you will need to buy the better armour too.

I'll warn you ahead of time, I'm in Australia, so expect half-second latency for everything :laugh:My PSN username is the same as my forum name.

request sent added the word neowin in a separate message because I forgot to mention it in the request