25 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Unfortunately we usually Raid on Tuesday nights, so weekends don't really work I'm afraid. We normally get on about 21:00 on Tuesdays and crack through a raid or two if possible which does sometimes mean a late finish - usually an aim of about midnight but have played till 1am occasionally to try and get stuff done.

Guessing from the above that might not work for you?

We can do Tuesday's I suspect, just checking with my mate and I'll reply to your PM :) 

If you're still looking for someone to join your raid group I might be able to help :)

Im only 292 and haven't done kings fall yet, but I'll be around this weekend..

2 minutes ago, mikebiacsi said:

If you're still looking for someone to join your raid group I might be able to help :)

Im only 282 and haven't done kings fall yet, but I'll be around this weekend..

Just to warn you, at 282 you will struggle with Kings fall, I wouldn't recommend starting it under 290 tbh.

23 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Just to warn you, at 282 you will struggle with Kings fall, I wouldn't recommend starting it under 290 tbh.

Yeah I typo'd that. Meant 292...

3 hours ago, mikebiacsi said:

Yeah I typo'd that. Meant 292...

Ah that's fair enough - PM me your GT and I can always send an invite if we have a spare slot as long as the timings of the above work out for you (Tue 21:00) ?

• 4 months later...

Leaked Poster Reveals Destiny's Next Expansion, Rise of Iron

rfomqndyyiajm6m5fzub.jpg

Destiny’s next expansion is called Rise of Iron, according to leaked marketing materials that popped up on Reddit last night. The expansion, which is expected in September, should be officially revealed at E3.

Two sources familiar with Bungie confirmed the authenticity of this poster to Kotaku . The Rise of Iron expansion will feature a new raid (likely Fallen-themed) and will be larger than both year-one DLC packs, according to a source. It’s not clear how this expansion is related to Destiny’s regular Iron Banner PVP event, but that appears to be the overexcited Crucible maestro Lord Saladin brandishing a hammer in the poster.

Source: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/05/20/leaked-poster-reveals-destinys-next-expansion-rise-of-iron

I hope it's reasonably priced - if it offers the same content as TTK then I'll pay up. I'd like them to change the light levelling system a little though.

The game used to be about doing the Hard Raids to get the best and top level gear, now it just seems there are too many ways to get there.

24 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I hope it's reasonably priced - if it offers the same content as TTK then I'll pay up. I'd like them to change the light levelling system a little though.

The game used to be about doing the Hard Raids to get the best and top level gear, now it just seems there are too many ways to get there.

Yeh though as we know getting Raid teams together can be a challenge, I never hit light cap through DB and HoW.

Finally finished Kings Fall on hard yesterday so that with PoE I've got everything at 334 or 335, almost there! :)

It's an interesting balance, I do feel like I've almost got there too quickly this time, but was too hard before.

We almost need PoE, but at a harder Raid level difficulty, as PoE, even the 42 challenge is easy. You can happily 2 man it.

1 minute ago, philcruicks said:

Yeh though as we know getting Raid teams together can be a challenge, I never hit light cap through DB and HoW.

Finally finished Kings Fall on hard yesterday so that with PoE I've got everything at 334 or 335, almost there! :)

It's an interesting balance, I do feel like I've almost got there too quickly this time, but was too hard before.

We almost need PoE, but at a harder Raid level difficulty, as PoE, even the 42 challenge is easy. You can happily 2 man it.

Well I mentioned to you the other week I've not tried the top level PoE yet so I don't know. But first time around I only managed PoE Skolas once because he was pretty damn hard.

Other than that both VoG and CE we all finished it on normal alot before we went onto hard and got that done but we did. I understand what you mean by raid teams though, over the years we've had people drop and found others without too many problems but it is getting harder.

• 3 weeks later...

Top level Challenge of Elders isn't difficult at 320LL  I'm always on both consoles ... screenname is capt obvious 26 on Xbox1 and psn is captobvious26.  Add me if you need someone to play with.  Shoot me a message first, let me know what you wanna run.  Typically if I'm not already doing something I'll join and help.  I Sherpa sometimes... I'm on three groups on the100.io too. 

Still yet to actually try the new top level prison of elders - alot of the old crew lost interest and it just got frustrating always searching for that last member or two.

I'll probably get the new expansion - I love the raids, hoping it will bring some of the older guys back.

5 hours ago, Skiver said:

Still yet to actually try the new top level prison of elders - alot of the old crew lost interest and it just got frustrating always searching for that last member or two.

I'll probably get the new expansion - I love the raids, hoping it will bring some of the older guys back.

Add me on Xbox 1 or PS4 dude.  I'm always on one or the other and I'm usually down to run content.  Also, think about joining a group on the100.io and scheduling some games.  I've never had any real issues using that site.  I've got over 200 Karma on that site.

2 minutes ago, ndoggfromhell said:

Add me on Xbox 1 or PS4 dude.  I'm always on one or the other and I'm usually down to run content.  Also, think about joining a group on the100.io and scheduling some games.  I've never had any real issues using that site.  I've got over 200 Karma on that site.

Done - only problem is I get very limited time so we usually have a very limited window (usually Tuesdays 21:00 UK time) so given you look to be from the states that might not work too well.

I'll have a look at the site but tbh I've not see the lack of playtime on this as a bad thing - just given me an opportunity to go back and finish a lot of games I bought and never finished as Destiny kept luring me back.

5 hours ago, Skiver said:

Done - only problem is I get very limited time so we usually have a very limited window (usually Tuesdays 21:00 UK time) so given you look to be from the states that might not work too well.

I'll have a look at the site but tbh I've not see the lack of playtime on this as a bad thing - just given me an opportunity to go back and finish a lot of games I bought and never finished as Destiny kept luring me back.

I'm the worst at time conversion, but I play 5pm Eastern Standard time til midnight.  All day either Saturday or Sunday.  If there is a weekend day that works best for you, hit me a message before hand and i'll make it work.

Destiny: Rise of Iron announced.

Availabe on Xbox One and PS4 (not 360 and PS3)

$30 (regional pricing TBC)

https://www.destinythegame.com/rise-of-iron

The expansion includes new areas, including The Plaguelands and Felwinter Peak. Additionally, the Destiny starting area, The Wall, has been recreated as a new area you can revisit.

Players will also find a new raid, new and updated strikes, and more patrols and public events. Multiplayer fans may be happy to learn, too, that there will be more Crucible maps and features, while Rise of Iron also adds new CG and in-game cinematics.

Additionally, Rise of Iron comes with a new Light level increase (an unspecified "significant Light increase," developers said) and a new "mutated" enemy faction of the Fallen.

One of the new weapons is a "flaming waraxe," which is an "encounter-specific weapon,"

And among those new weapons:

gjallarhornback.0.gif

Edited by philcruicks

1 hour ago, ndoggfromhell said:

I'm the worst at time conversion, but I play 5pm Eastern Standard time til midnight.  All day either Saturday or Sunday.  If there is a weekend day that works best for you, hit me a message before hand and i'll make it work.

Eastern is 5 hours (I think) so that would put it me at 10PM which isn't stupidly far out. We generally play till 12 or 1am which in theory is 8pm so it could potentially work.

Weekends unfortunatly don't usually work for me as I can sometimes work a lot so I try to make sure the weekends I'm not working I spend with the family. I'll be sure to drop you a message though if I'm ever stuck :)

On 5/23/2016 at 2:11 PM, Skiver said:

The whole light thing is the reason I quit. I loved doing raids for the gear, but ever since the whole light thing, I gave up. I liked the whole leveling portion, 30, 32, 40. I assumed it was going to keep adding up like WoW.

12 minutes ago, Dinggus said:

The whole light thing is the reason I quit. I loved doing raids for the gear, but ever since the whole light thing, I gave up. I liked the whole leveling portion, 30, 32, 40. I assumed it was going to keep adding up like WoW.

AMEN!

It wasn't enough to make me quit but i feel they did it better before. The April update made it better to a degree - one for one infusion means no more dropping levels trying to get to that max level. However it still doesn't remove the fact you can enter the Hard Raid as a level 220 and if I understand it correct know that when you finish, most of the gear you get if not all will not be max level 335. You used to have to repeat raids multiple times to get all of the gear - now you have to do it mulitple times to get that gear AND then more to get that gear further up the light tree each time.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

AMEN!

It wasn't enough to make me quit but i feel they did it better before. The April update made it better to a degree - one for one infusion means no more dropping levels trying to get to that max level. However it still doesn't remove the fact you can enter the Hard Raid as a level 220 and if I understand it correct know that when you finish, most of the gear you get if not all will not be max level 335. You used to have to repeat raids multiple times to get all of the gear - now you have to do it mulitple times to get that gear AND then more to get that gear further up the light tree each time.

Except now the Raid is not the only way to get 335 gear, I was only 314 before April update, never managed to hit the 320 cap.

I'm already maxed at 335 and 334 (was 307 before April) on 2nd character after only 2 Raids (and thats not exchanging gear, all their own stuff).

So I've done in a month and half what I couldn't do in the 6ish months from TTK - April.

Trust me its a lot lot better now.

Challenge of Elders, IB, Trials and Exotic Engrams can all drop 335 along with the Raid, so much much easier to max, plus as Skiver said, you don't lose any light on infusion now.

Skiver is also correct in that as much as they can all drop 335, they don't straight away, it's to counter the better infusion and not make it too easy (even though it is much much easier now as my levels prove).

You'll generally get a drop 4 light above what your light is (not what an item is, but you overall light), this in turn helps to boost up any lower light stuff faster.

Also faction packs will drop 4 above but max at 330, still should get you from whereever you are to 300+ pretty damn quick if you have a bunch of spare motes.

Edited by philcruicks

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

AMEN!

1 hour ago, philcruicks said:

Except now the Raid is not the only way to get 335 gear, I was only 314 before April update, never managed to hit the 320 cap.

I'm already maxed at 335 and 334 (was 307 before April) on 2nd character after only 2 Raids (and thats not exchanging gear, all their own stuff).

So I've done in a month and half what I couldn't do in the 6ish months from TTK - April.

Challenge of Elders, IB, Trials and Exotic Engrams can all drop 335 along with the Raid, so much much easier to max, plus as Skiver said, you don't lose any light on infusion now.

Skiver is also correct in that as much as they can all drop 335, they don't straight away, it's to counter the better infusion and not make it too easy (even though it is much much easier now as my levels prove).

You'll generally get a drop 4 light above what your light is (not what an item is, but you overall light), this in turn helps to boost up any lower light stuff faster.

Also faction packs will drop 4 above but max at 330, still should get you from whereever you are to 300+ pretty damn quick if you have a bunch of spare motes.

I stopped playing after hard mode came out for TTK. I love that raid though, haven't done hard mode yet. Maybe I'll come back. I just got annoyed with the regular raid giving random light levels. I don't remember that happening for VoG and Crota raid's.

9 hours ago, philcruicks said:

I'm still against it - I get there is other ways and for some that is good but the Raid was supposed to be the end game content - doing a strike or Cour of Oryx and getting the best gear is making the game easier it just feels cheap now. The old team spent months trying to get Crota beat on hard mode to get those top end drops. Now we have people who haven't beaten the hard raid at a higher light level then those that haven't.

3 hours ago, Skiver said:

I'm still against it - I get there is other ways and for some that is good but the Raid was supposed to be the end game content - doing a strike or Cour of Oryx and getting the best gear is making the game easier it just feels cheap now. The old team spent months trying to get Crota beat on hard mode to get those top end drops. Now we have people who haven't beaten the hard raid at a higher light level then those that haven't.

I can understand that, but at the same time, you have people like me and Joe, who until we started Raiding with you, had never had a raid team and had never been able to reach max light because if it, meaning we never had that much fun in IB and Trials because we were at such a disadvantage and felt like we were paying for a game would could only play half of.

Luckily we've now found you and other good people to raid with so its not so bad, but there are plently of people out there who needed a way to get max light without needing 6 people.

I do agree that its a bit too easy now however, would have been good to maybe limit the Challenge drops unless you meet a score criteria or something, that way it can still be done with 3, but it takes 3 good players rather than just anyone to get the benefit.

But yeh for those of you who stopped playing, come back on and give Challenge and things a go, you should see your light rising fairly fast.