Remember remember the 9th of September...it's not that far away, and you have the whole summer to enjoy with stuff like Enemy Front and Spintires :rofl:

EDIT: no disrespect to those two titles, might actually get them

For PC? Pre-ordering! Been awhile since I've seen a game that makes me want to jump head first into the story. :)

For PC? Pre-ordering! Been awhile since I've seen a game that makes me want to jump head first into the story. :)

No PC version as far as I know.

No PC version as far as I know.

Will still keep my eyes peeled though in case they release it later on. Beyond Witcher 3 I haven't really seen anything with a decent story I'd want to play.

:( nothing for me but i got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha last night :D

Apparently everyone who entered is in the alpha. Got my code about an hour ago and downloading now, although PSN seems to be taking a hammering though.

Got in as well, but thanks to crappy internet won't be on until tomorrow.

I didn't get an invite. Big surprise. I preordered the game last year, literally as soon as it went up on Amazon and yet no alpha. Such BS.

I didn't get an invite. Big surprise. I preordered the game last year, literally as soon as it went up on Amazon and yet no alpha. Such BS.

Alpha invites are separate from the beta codes you receive from pre-orders. You need to apply online for alpha at the address they mentioned during the media briefing on Monday (http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/destiny.html).

You should already have the beta code for July though. I think most people received them last year. Or at least that is when they started sending them. UK pre-order codes started to reach customers this week afaik.

Will still keep my eyes peeled though in case they release it later on. Beyond Witcher 3 I haven't really seen anything with a decent story I'd want to play.

Same. Well, for games that will be on PC anyways.

I got in as well! Downloading now!

Does anyone know when this Alpha ends?

It ends sunday.

They call it an Alpha, but when you start the game, it basicly says it's a stress-test.

Alpha invites are separate from the beta codes you receive from pre-orders. You need to apply online for alpha at the address they mentioned during the media briefing on Monday (http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/destiny.html).

You should already have the beta code for July though. I think most people received them last year. Or at least that is when they started sending them. UK pre-order codes started to reach customers this week afaik.

I know, I signed up for the alpha. I also got my beta code not long after preordering last year. I was commenting more on the fact that Destiny has been my most anticipated game for this generation since it was announced, my preorder status being evidence towards that fact, and I didn't get in.

In any case, I spoke too soon. I figured they stopped giving codes out hours ago so I was bummed out. However, literally 3 minutes after I posted I received my alpha code. So now I'm downloading it. Thank you, Bungie.

• Like 1

It ends Sunday?

Cool, I might be able to check it out for 5 minutes before it ends.

Currently my download is at 47 ######ing hours left.

Not even kidding.

Ever since e3, something has been majorly wrong with the PSN

EDIT - Hmmm, not sure why, as I assigned a Static IP to my PS4, but shutting it down completely made it better.

Still have 3 hours left, but that is better than 47.

I.love.this.game :woot:

One very cool moment in my initial play

you enter a facility and once further inside there is no light. Your torch automatically activates on your gun and at the same time the lightbar on the DS4 illuminates very brightly. Just a very simple but cool immersion feature.

As for the game itself, it plays great and handles beautifully. More than just an evolution of Halo despite the obvious influence (at least from early impressions).

Happy birthday spacer! ;)

This game feels soooooo much like Halo. Yeah I know it's made by Bungie, but jeez they went all out Halo clone on this.

I really enjoy the gameplay and graphics. Very sweet.

First things first. Loading up the game is near instant. Bungie really wasn't kidding when they said that they wanted a seamless transition from the dashboard to the game world with minimal menus. I hope it stays like that for retail.

I played through the opening mission and it plays phenomenally. It feels like a combination of Halo and Borderlands in all the right ways. The guns feel powerful, enemies react when hit, the AI is pretty good, and the lighting is fantastic. The texture work is a little disappointing, but overall, the game looks incredible in person. (e.g. not watching down-sampled videos) The game plays exactly how I imagined it would, and it's a lot of fun so far.

The game also is surprisingly stable. I've only seen very small issues when going into the menu to check out my gear. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the models to load. One thing I don't like, and it's minor (maybe), but the hair styles for human males are atrocious. The only one that looks good is the buzz-cut. All of the others are awful. The Exos are definitely the best looking out of the three races. They have really awesome designs and accessories. The UI is minimal and it looks great. I didn't think I would like the free-roaming cursor, but it works.

Hopefully a lot of the little things will get polished before release. Adding a equipment compare option when viewing vendor items would be my first request. (edit: never mind, it's there, I just didn't notice it) Either way, I can easily see myself and my brother playing this for a long, long time. Especially if Bungie (Activision) doesn't screw us over with content gouging. I'm already in love with this game.

Damn. I really want to check it out now. A cross between Halo & Borderlands sounds like a lot of fun.