Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

686 replies to this topic

#676 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,857 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:12

i have not done vog = vault of glass & how long does it take to do ?

currently at lvl 27

#677 FrostAM

FrostAM

Neowinian

• 359 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:15

i have not done vog = vault of glass & how long does it take to do ?

currently at lvl 27

If your team is amazing, you can do it in under an hour. If not, you can expect it to take 3 - 5 hours. 

I haven't personally done it, this is just information I've gleaned from Reddit. There's a guide on the destiny subedit that can help you through it. 

There are checkpoints that you get throughout the raid that will allow you quit it and then pick it up later. It has to be within a week though. 

#678 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,129 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted Yesterday, 12:46

Sadly i do not have any friends to play the game with so i cannot do anything that does not have match making. Surprisingly the game is still very fun and while the PS3 does not have a lot of active players compared to other consoles.

Personally  I find that the fastest way to get Vanguard Marks is to do the Public Events :D not sure why the game tells you that the quickest way to get them is the strike playlist. i can get 4 Marks from a public event in 5 minutes or 2-3 marks for doing the strike playlist that could take 40 minutes or so depending on how good the group is.

#679 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• 439 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted Yesterday, 13:07

Sadly i do not have any friends to play the game with so i cannot do anything that does not have match making. Surprisingly the game is still very fun and while the PS3 does not have a lot of active players compared to other consoles.

Personally  I find that the fastest way to get Vanguard Marks is to do the Public Events :D not sure why the game tells you that the quickest way to get them is the strike playlist. i can get 4 Marks from a public event in 5 minutes or 2-3 marks for doing the strike playlist that could take 40 minutes or so depending on how good the group is.

Yeah, on xbox one I have a public events tracker snapped to the side while I play so I can go to an area where there is likely to be a public event at the time.

#680 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,566 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted Yesterday, 14:28

Yeah public events are definitely the way to go to grind vanguard marks.

I just got the trophy for getting 100 crucible marks in one week last night. I finally don't have to worry about playing crucible over and over again. Hurray.

And the 1.02 is desperately needed. I decrypted several blues engrams (and a legendary!) this weekend that turned into greens. So lame.

Also, bosses in strikes should always drop at least one item or engram for each player. It boggles my mind why this isn't in the game already. It makes finishing a strike so unsatisfying.

#681 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,129 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted Yesterday, 14:36

Yeah public events are definitely the way to go to grind vanguard marks.

I just got the trophy for getting 100 crucible marks in one week last night. I finally don't have to worry about playing crucible over and over again. Hurray.

And the 1.02 is desperately needed. I decrypted several blues engrams (and a legendary!) this weekend that turned into greens. So lame.

Also, bosses in strikes should always drop at least one item or engram for each player. It boggles my mind why this isn't in the game already. It makes finishing a strike so unsatisfying.

I decrypted a few legendaries last night and ended up with blues.

#682 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,021 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted Yesterday, 14:53

As someone who only had time to play the game casually, there was no way I was ever going to get to Legendary or whatever the level is needed in order to do Raids, etc. As such I traded the game into Amazon for $32.87 credit this past weekend.

Thankfully there are a decent amount of games coming out this upcoming month that I plan on playing anyway. So it was real Destiny, and I could see how people who have the time to put in would enjoy the game. I will give credit where credit is due, I really thought the gunplay itself was incredibly well done, but it is just not a game that one can play casually and get a lot out of it. That was my fault though for not researching the game itself more.

#683 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 14:54

Reward system and to get anywhere past level 20 is a PITA.  I dont know enough people to get much farther than level 24.  Most after level 20, requires others to play with in order to get to level 30.  Pugs, suck most of the time or people leaving mid mission.  And little reward for all the grinding you have to do.

This game did not even come close to the hype it generated. 

#684 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,566 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted Yesterday, 15:38

As someone who only had time to play the game casually, there was no way I was ever going to get to Legendary or whatever the level is needed in order to do Raids, etc. As such I traded the game into Amazon for $32.87 credit this past weekend.

Thankfully there are a decent amount of games coming out this upcoming month that I plan on playing anyway. So it was real Destiny, and I could see how people who have the time to put in would enjoy the game. I will give credit where credit is due, I really thought the gunplay itself was incredibly well done, but it is just not a game that one can play casually and get a lot out of it. That was my fault though for not researching the game itself more.

You should get Shadow of Mordor tomorrow, Larry! That's what I'm doing.

#685 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,980 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:33

Reward system and to get anywhere past level 20 is a PITA. I dont know enough people to get much farther than level 24. Most after level 20, requires others to play with in order to get to level 30. Pugs, suck most of the time or people leaving mid mission. And little reward for all the grinding you have to do.

This game did not even come close to the hype it generated.

The farming process does get boring, they should have at the very least created some new different missions for the daily heroics instead of reusing the story missions over and over.

I reached level 25 without much problem though. I got a few decent blue drops on daily heroics and assaults, and got a legendary helmet and vest playing queen's quests on my own.

They are (some of them at least) quite doable even being a couple of levels below the mission level. It feels a bit like playing dark souls, getting insta-raped if you are not careful :p

#686 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:59

The farming process does get boring, they should have at the very least created some new different missions for the daily heroics instead of reusing the story missions over and over.

I reached level 25 without much problem though. I got a few decent blue drops on daily heroics and assaults, and got a legendary helmet and vest playing queen's quests on my own.

They are (some of them at least) quite doable even being a couple of levels below the mission level. It feels a bit like playing dark souls, getting insta-raped if you are not careful :p

I just get bored doing all that my self.  I used to have several people I played Borderlands with but times have changed.

#687 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,021 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted Yesterday, 19:36

You should get Shadow of Mordor tomorrow, Larry! That's what I'm doing.

Got the email saying it was shipped from GameFly this morning. (Y)

Between that and Forza Horizon 2, I will have plenty to play.