Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

790 replies to this topic

#781 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,548 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:30

Yeah given their revenue figures it would seem safe to say they e sold upwards of 10 million copies if not more. How many of those 3.2 are going to jump ship during the holiday season when other great games come out? I bet we don't get another update.

That being said, 3.2 million is damn impressive.

Figures I saw something around 5 million copies sold, given that this isn't always going to be the same 3.2 million people and over half still playing as an average after games like Drive Club and Forza Horizon are now out I don't think it's doing too bad,

Of course people are going to move on to newer games when they come out but that's just normal.

#782 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,014 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:49

Figures I saw something around 5 million copies sold, given that this isn't always going to be the same 3.2 million people and over half still playing as an average after games like Drive Club and Forza Horizon are now out I don't think it's doing too bad,

Of course people are going to move on to newer games when they come out but that's just normal.

5 million hardly gets to the $500 million in a day revenue figure they touted, unless you don't think they sold through most of it.

#783 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,940 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:52

I think 5 million was on one platform. 

#784 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,548 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 14:21

5 million hardly gets to the $500 million in a day revenue figure they touted, unless you don't think they sold through most of it.

I think the 500 million was to retailers not to actual customers.

I think 5 million was on one platform. 

Ah really? I must have done my usual and skim read the article as I didn't pick up on that,

#785 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,014 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 14:45

I think the 500 million was to retailers not to actual customers.

Ah really? I must have done my usual and skim read the article as I didn't pick up on that,

Yes, hence my question as to how well you think they sold through. Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm betting that, especially by now, retailers have sold through most of that.

#786 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,548 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 15:05

Yes, hence my question as to how well you think they sold through. Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm betting that, especially by now, retailers have sold through most of that.

Well every article I see says it sold to consumers $325 Million (this was back in Sept) which when you estimate a copy of the game retails for what, $60? That would put it at around 5.4million copies of the game.

I have to admit HawkMan, I see no reference to this being on any one platform and seems to be across all platforms.

#787 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:08

I thought you had to be level 26 to do the vault of glass raid, but I'm level 23 and can start that mission? It says that the difficulty is very hard however...

#788 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,548 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:17

I thought you had to be level 26 to do the vault of glass raid, but I'm level 23 and can start that mission? It says that the difficulty is very hard however...

I thought you could only go 2 levels above your current level but perhaps I'm wrong but its certainly possible to go higher. Enemies will receive less damage than normal though so things you could one shot will suddenly require two or three shots.

I also think they may do more damage against you but I don't know that for sure, just more of a gut feeling when I've tried it. Given how difficult the VoG is supposed to be, I wouldn't suggest you try it.

#789 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:26

I thought you could only go 2 levels above your current level but perhaps I'm wrong but its certainly possible to go higher. Enemies will receive less damage than normal though so things you could one shot will suddenly require two or three shots.

I also think they may do more damage against you but I don't know that for sure, just more of a gut feeling when I've tried it. Given how difficult the VoG is supposed to be, I wouldn't suggest you try it.

Yeah I thought that too, which is why I was surprised to be able to to even start the mission.

#790 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,347 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:05

My co-op partner is a warlock. Would a titan be a better choice to go alongside? I'm currently a hunter and we seem to be quite squishy sometimes.

The hunter is fun though, not sure how "fun" a titan is. Warlock looks a blast, but its better us being different classes.

#791 Elliott

Elliott

Neowinian Senior

• 11,090 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted Today, 15:40

I soloed the weekly strike last night.  Wasnt to bad.  Archon priest I had to defeat. 

That's pretty impressive. I soloed The Devil's Lair heroic strike, but that's one of the easier strikes overall.