So what's everyone impressions so far.

Been off on holiday so not been able to play a huge amount, but my 1st impressions are good, enjoying the new story and supremacy mode.

Good to see lots of side quests missions as well, was a little worried when story ended after like 5 or 6 missions, but like TTK there seems to be a lot more after.

Not tried the Raid yet, might be this weekend's job :)

2 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

So what's everyone impressions so far.

Been off on holiday so not been able to play a huge amount, but my 1st impressions are good, enjoying the new story and supremacy mode.

Good to see lots of side quests missions as well, was a little worried when story ended after like 5 or 6 missions, but like TTK there seems to be a lot more after.

Not tried the Raid yet, might be this weekend's job :)

I have to say I'm pretty much the opposite - don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the game but I felt like the story was far too short and there are barely any side missions but maybe that's because I haven't found them yet. 

I've enjoyed everything, I just don't feel like it's enough to keep me going much past Xmas which I know SRL will help get a good few hours of playtime but that's not really the same. 

I'm a little disappointed by Archons Forge - I've only managed to get in a few and the higher level one we did do was tough and we literally beat it with 1 second to go. I'd love to play some more of it and I have one of the offerings but there's never anyone around in there and I know I can't do it alone.

I'm enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the price tag, but all told hell I'll get way more than my moneys worth.

Archons Forge seems kind of stupid or buggy to me, they just seem to expect you to know to rush into the arena before it locks you out of it and ask what just happened?

So yeah haven't tried that yet, but once my friend is out of the hospital or whatever he's down with maybe he'll be up for it.

I should watch some of these raids on youtube or something so I know how to get past the lame bits...but nah

15 hours ago, LostCat said:

I'm enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the price tag, but all told hell I'll get way more than my moneys worth.

Archons Forge seems kind of stupid or buggy to me, they just seem to expect you to know to rush into the arena before it locks you out of it and ask what just happened?

So yeah haven't tried that yet, but once my friend is out of the hospital or whatever he's down with maybe he'll be up for it.

I should watch some of these raids on youtube or something so I know how to get past the lame bits...but nah

Figuring out Kings Fall Raid actually made it pretty fun but most of the guys I Raid with get a lot more time to play then I do so they've already made a good go at it. From what I've seen it's not a hard Raid up until the final boss when there seems to be a lot of mechanics to getting the boss killed but I don't think it looks ridiculously hard.

Price tag is a bit steep I'll agree but I know I'll be playing this for quite some time so like you, I'll get my monies worth.

I got ###### off at the last jump of the roving dropship puzzle after trying around a dozen times and gave up on raids...only one I've really done is Crota on Hard with some other guys who apparently knew everything and we spent 2/3 the time waiting around for their friends to show up so I learned very little.  Not sure I even did any damage to Crota since it kept coming up Immune.

I'm still hoping to see Vault of Glass someday, but I'm not sure I'll ever do Kings Fall at this point.

9 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I got ###### off at the last jump of the roving dropship puzzle after trying around a dozen times and gave up on raids...only one I've really done is Crota on Hard with some other guys who apparently knew everything and we spent 2/3 the time waiting around for their friends to show up so I learned very little.  Not sure I even did any damage to Crota since it kept coming up Immune.

I'm still hoping to see Vault of Glass someday, but I'm not sure I'll ever do Kings Fall at this point.

Oh man, the Raids are the best part, I feel bad you've not had a chance to experience them properly. I'm assuming you came into the game around TTK release?

The problem with coming into it later then the base game is you don't ever really get to appreciate the raids because you can treat them a bit more like a strike because you're way above in terms of light level.

The immune thing is normal - without going too in depth the sword person is the only person who can do damage to Crota, all your role would have been was to weaken him to drop him to his knees so that the sword bearer can do damage. It's very easy to just drag someone through that Raid who without explaining things but VoG and KF you need to have a better idea on how to complete them.

The Ship part of Kings Fall is really not that hard, you just have to memorise the pattern and you're golden. I can tell you now from the first ship it's roughly;

• Ship to the right and wait till its nearly below you
  • Ship to the front right and same again
  • Ship to the direct front
  • the ship will appear directly on the right literally up against what you're on
  • Ship will appear front/front left
  • duck under the ship
  • Ship coming from the right but high jump to get on (hunters can struggle here)
  • Staight front - slightly to the right and another high jump
  • Ship front left slighty
  • Long wait and directly in front, will only appear just as your current ship is about to disappear and then your on the next platform

Best thing you can do is watch videos and learn the pattern - normal mode there is a checkpoint around halfway (between bullet point 3 and 4) but hard mode it has to be done in one. I know people who still struggle with that, as long as you get 3 people across that part you can technically drag everyone else through if the one person who gets through to the next section (two have to stand on plates) just keeps going.

On 29/09/2016 at 11:20 AM, Skiver said:

Oh man, the Raids are the best part, I feel bad you've not had a chance to experience them properly. I'm assuming you came into the game around TTK release?

<snip>

The Ship part of Kings Fall is really not that hard, you just have to memorise the pattern and you're golden. I can tell you now from the first ship it's roughly;

• <snip>

Best thing you can do is watch videos and learn the pattern - normal mode there is a checkpoint around halfway (between bullet point 3 and 4) but hard mode it has to be done in one. I know people who still struggle with that, as long as you get 3 people across that part you can technically drag everyone else through if the one person who gets through to the next section (two have to stand on plates) just keeps going.

Another tip is if your a hunter have a set of Bones of Eao (4th jump) just for it.

and if not make sure your agility is tweaked higher for the puzzle, agility does actually make a fairly large difference to jumping ability.

but yeh watching it a few times on youtube was the best way to actually learn it.

Also agreed, I really enjoy the raids when I can get a team together, real sense of achievement on completion.

So first attempt at the Raid last night, pretty under levelled in terms of the recommended 370 but up until the boss it's at least doable - we never tried the boss as it got late.

I have to say I think this is possibly the worst of the 4 raids - We managed to get to the last boss with only a bit of struggle on the Death Zamboni and the end boss stage 1 but it wasn't difficult it was just more the vast majority of us learning the mechanics and how to play it. Something I don't think I've ever done on any Raid is get that far in one night, every other Raid we've struggled at the right level at every stage. The first boss was done first time as was the second I believe.

It's fun, I enjoyed doing it and look forward to my second attempt but I just felt it was quite short, a little easy (although I've heard the last boss is super hard) and didn't take a lot to learn.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2016 at 11:10 AM, Skiver said:

So first attempt at the Raid last night, pretty under levelled in terms of the recommended 370 but up until the boss it's at least doable - we never tried the boss as it got late.

I have to say I think this is possibly the worst of the 4 raids - We managed to get to the last boss with only a bit of struggle on the Death Zamboni and the end boss stage 1 but it wasn't difficult it was just more the vast majority of us learning the mechanics and how to play it. Something I don't think I've ever done on any Raid is get that far in one night, every other Raid we've struggled at the right level at every stage. The first boss was done first time as was the second I believe.

It's fun, I enjoyed doing it and look forward to my second attempt but I just felt it was quite short, a little easy (although I've heard the last boss is super hard) and didn't take a lot to learn.

Interesting, I've not had a chance to try the Raid yet.

I assume it'll get a fair bit harder with heroic mode. and maybe weekly challenges like with Oryx...

15 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Interesting, I've not had a chance to try the Raid yet.

I assume it'll get a fair bit harder with heroic mode. and maybe weekly challenges like with Oryx...

We managed to finish it the following week - so in two separate attempts starting from the beginning we managed to complete the Raid, no other Raid so far has been completed that quickly for us so I think that's an indication of how difficult it is. 

The last boss fight is pretty fun, involves a lot of communication and no-one can sit back and opt for the easy role and let others carry them as there are elements that are very random at who is doing what role. However, other than that I'd say the other elements are pretty easy to get through.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone having a similar issue and found a fix?

I upgraded to a ps4 pro, re installed destiny, and the only content I can play is rise of iron. (no part of the other game works)

I've gone through forums, restored my licenses, even took the console back to my game store, and had it reformatted (a system restore corrupted it)

Been waiting like 3 weeks now and none the wiser, have contacted sony, still waiting for a response

• Like 2

Have you tried contacting Bungie also?

Was it a digital or physical disk? Can you try to only install the base game first and then worry about adding the other expansions on top?

Maybe try the Bungie forums, as much as the Neowin community is great, your probably more likely to find someone else with the same issue/a solution on the Bungie forums.

1 hour ago, philcruicks said:

Maybe try the Bungie forums, as much as the Neowin community is great, your probably more likely to find someone else with the same issue/a solution on the Bungie forums.

Or maybe even the Destiny Reddit

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nothing coming across to D2 is kinda of a let down, lost any interest I had in this coming update knowing that any rewards are pointless.

I get that for a lot of people their guardian is more important than their items, but I don't really care about mine (Created it quickly on launch night), for me the items are more important because they're what I actually spent time trying to get. It was a right pain to get the Sleeper Simulant, but every time I see it I'm reminded about the actual process involved, etc.

9 hours ago, The_Decryptor said:

Nothing coming across to D2 is kinda of a let down, lost any interest I had in this coming update knowing that any rewards are pointless.

I get that for a lot of people their guardian is more important than their items, but I don't really care about mine (Created it quickly on launch night), for me the items are more important because they're what I actually spent time trying to get. It was a right pain to get the Sleeper Simulant, but every time I see it I'm reminded about the actual process involved, etc.

I have to admit I'm OK with it, I'm not attached to my Warlock or Hunter in any way and I may even ditch and create new characters if there are options there that I could take advantage of.

Armour for me is not something I care about, I can't think of a single piece that I sought after so we'll leave that one be.

As for the weapons, G-horn, Sleeper, Ice Breaker (If I could get the new one to drop that is) I do have a bit of attachment too but being a day one player like yourself I feel a lot of the guns have been nerfed into the ground I've kinda lost most of my nostalgia for them. The only thing I ask is that they bring to the table new variations or completely new guns all together that are just as sort after. Thought I'd like them to start to think about design in terms of specific events. 

For example, the Touch of Malice was near enough useless outside of the daughters section on TTK and I love it for that point. I love the idea of coming to a "section" of a Destiny and thinking this is where I need X. G-horn again was a boss killer, it was used the vast majority of the time when a boss was around unless it was void or arc burn and it meant switching to something else. I also want them to bring burns back to primaries, even if it's only on exotics that imo was one of the stupidest things they ever stopped.

I want infusion from the start this time, I don't think they should ever leave guns behind. If we stick with base guns then they aren't doing a good enough job with the guns in the future.

I'm super excited for this, Destiny (whilst it has its many failures) has been one of my favourite all time games. One I've played more than any other game I can remember. I'm hoping Wildlands won't take up too much of my time and I'll get to go back to the Vault of Glass once again and it be relative.

I was never really a super heavy player (Never did any raids or even the PoE stuff that required manual matchmaking), so I only got my Gjallarhorn by getting RoI :laugh:

A re-balancing of the damage types would be nice, mostly because of the 3 heavy weapons I like, they're all solar. I don't know if that was one of the reasons they don't want to bring weapons across, but I'd be totally ok with weapons changing damage types to better spread it around.

Not attached to any armour pieces really (though Obsidian Mind was quite fun), mostly because I never liked how any of it looked and Destiny lacks a form of social armour feature. In fact for the longest time my favourite warlock robe was a rare item from the Seraph collection, since it fit my shader nicely and had a giant Warmind symbol on the back (And it wasn't until the recent Christmas event that there was a legendary version of it, which I'm ashamed to say I blew Eververse funds on to acquire)

Destiny 1 was really about the Hive, so a lot of items were themed around them, maybe D2 will focus on the Cabal or Vex so we'll get items themed around them (And more "out there" items either, ToM looked cool compared to the Vex stuff you could get from the VoG) Or give me a whole damn game about Rasputin and I'll be happy (By far the most interesting character in D1 for me, mostly because he was so rarely explained)

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2017 at 9:30 AM, Skiver said:

@philcruicksDo you and Joe have a raid team? I need to find out about availability for next week but I should have two spots spare if you're both up for it?

We can normally pull one together, but sometimes hard to get everyone to commit and have enough time on a night, so yeh we'd be up for joining you for sure!

Almost did Crota last night, but I had to get to bed (early start) :( Joe and the others finished it 3 attempts later :angry:

14 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

We can normally pull one together, but sometimes hard to get everyone to commit and have enough time on a night, so yeh we'd be up for joining you for sure!

Almost did Crota last night, but I had to get to bed (early start) :( Joe and the others finished it 3 attempts later :angry:

Cheers, I'll see what some of the others say and come back to you, probably via XB messaging.