Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

860 replies to this topic

#856 FrostAM

FrostAM

Neowinian

• 369 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 16:53

Haven't played this for almost a month now, is it still a boring grind fest? What does the upcoming dlc add?

You can now trade marks for materials, so that takes out a lot of grinding. You also get them from bounties and daily/weekly missions too. Exotics no longer require ascendent materials to level up. 

New DLC adds new weapons, armor, a raid, a strike, new sparrows, a new vendor and new story missions. 

I think I'm going to be perpetually stuck at level 29. I've gotten nearly everything you can get from the raid, except for the gauntlets and the chest piece. Hiding the max level behind RNG was a terrible design decision. 

http://www.bungie.ne...9224404059#gear

#857 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,011 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 19:54

I think I'm going to be perpetually stuck at level 29. I've gotten nearly everything you can get from the raid, except for the gauntlets and the chest piece. Hiding the max level behind RNG was a terrible design decision. 

I was lucky enough to get the chest and gauntlets from the only single raid I've played. Also got the boots from the iron banner event, and today the fugly exotic warlock helmet from Xur.

Just in time for all that gear to be rendered obsolete by the DLC, I guess.

Not much of a difference though, I'll be stuck at level 30. I don't have a 6 men team to grind raids (and I usually don't feel like teaming up with random strangers), and apparently the new raid gear requires raid stuff for the upgrades.

#858 x-scratch

x-scratch

Whaaaaaaaat

• 2,925 posts
  • Phone: Iphone 5S

Posted 06 December 2014 - 20:03

fugly exotic warlock helmet from Xur.

funny you say fugly when 90% of warlocks have that exotic helmet

so nice try & i have all raid gear for my warlock & still get raid gear for my warlock every time i play on hard

4 helmets, 3 gaunlets, 2 chests & 2 legs

#859 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,011 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:52

funny you say fugly when 90% of warlocks have that exotic helmet

Well, it's the easiest way to get to level 30: lvl26 raid gear (maybe with some iron banner pieces) + Xur's exotic helmet (ie. light beyond nemesis if your are a warlock, which is the helmet he's been selling more often).

Not an aesthetics thing  :D

#860 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,494 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:07

The new raid extended strike :p soloed in about 30 mins.

https://www.youtube....h?v=sMUBPo8cwo4

#861 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,011 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 22:54

The new raid extended strike  :p soloed in about 30 mins.

https://www.youtube....h?v=sMUBPo8cwo4

Reminds me of running through Crysis2 in invisibility mode  :huh: the only cooperative part of that raid seems to be that without invisibility you'd need a lot of ammo and firepower.