Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

865 replies to this topic

#856 FrostAM

FrostAM

Neowinian

• 369 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 16:53

Haven't played this for almost a month now, is it still a boring grind fest? What does the upcoming dlc add?

You can now trade marks for materials, so that takes out a lot of grinding. You also get them from bounties and daily/weekly missions too. Exotics no longer require ascendent materials to level up. 

New DLC adds new weapons, armor, a raid, a strike, new sparrows, a new vendor and new story missions. 

I think I'm going to be perpetually stuck at level 29. I've gotten nearly everything you can get from the raid, except for the gauntlets and the chest piece. Hiding the max level behind RNG was a terrible design decision. 

http://www.bungie.ne...9224404059#gear

#857 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,013 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 19:54

I think I'm going to be perpetually stuck at level 29. I've gotten nearly everything you can get from the raid, except for the gauntlets and the chest piece. Hiding the max level behind RNG was a terrible design decision. 

I was lucky enough to get the chest and gauntlets from the only single raid I've played. Also got the boots from the iron banner event, and today the fugly exotic warlock helmet from Xur.

Just in time for all that gear to be rendered obsolete by the DLC, I guess.

Not much of a difference though, I'll be stuck at level 30. I don't have a 6 men team to grind raids (and I usually don't feel like teaming up with random strangers), and apparently the new raid gear requires raid stuff for the upgrades.

#858 x-scratch

x-scratch

Whaaaaaaaat

• 2,933 posts
  • Phone: Iphone 5S

Posted 06 December 2014 - 20:03

fugly exotic warlock helmet from Xur.

funny you say fugly when 90% of warlocks have that exotic helmet

so nice try & i have all raid gear for my warlock & still get raid gear for my warlock every time i play on hard

4 helmets, 3 gaunlets, 2 chests & 2 legs

#859 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,013 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:52

funny you say fugly when 90% of warlocks have that exotic helmet

Well, it's the easiest way to get to level 30: lvl26 raid gear (maybe with some iron banner pieces) + Xur's exotic helmet (ie. light beyond nemesis if your are a warlock, which is the helmet he's been selling more often).

Not an aesthetics thing  :D

#860 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,496 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:07

The new raid extended strike :p soloed in about 30 mins.

https://www.youtube....h?v=sMUBPo8cwo4

#861 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,013 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 22:54

The new raid extended strike  :p soloed in about 30 mins.

https://www.youtube....h?v=sMUBPo8cwo4

Reminds me of running through Crysis2 in invisibility mode  :huh: the only cooperative part of that raid seems to be that without invisibility you'd need a lot of ammo and firepower.

#862 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 8,271 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 830

Posted 22 December 2014 - 19:54

Destiny: Bungie reveal Holiday bonus and warn fans of impending 'noob' flood
IT'S been a busy year for the guys at Bungie, with a lot of Destiny feedback to go through as fans make up their minds about the game's first expansion, the Dark Below.

Published: 14:32, Mon, December 22, 2014

By GARY JONES

Destiny-Bungie-548328.jpgBUNGIE[/size]
Destiny will have a Holiday bonus

Fans on the Xbox One and PS4 have been warned they face a flood of Christmas noobs to the online world of the epic space shooter, who should, Bungie say, be treated with care by the community.

"Destiny is about to receive a stampeding influx of what gamers inevitably refer to as “Christmas Noobs.” a post on the Bungie blog reads.

"Go easy on ’em. They’ll show up in the Crucible – lost, confused, and freshly minted as Level Fives. They’ll arrive on the forum where you’re sort of a big deal, asking questions you discovered the answers to a long time ago.

"Take them under your wing. Show them the way. They’ll learn a lot from you. Try not to laugh too hard when they lodge their first, adorable complaint about our old friend Rahool."

The blog also revealed the Halo makers were planning a holiday treat, adding: "You should be on the lookout for some small stocking stuffers sometime after the Holidays have come and gone – a small token of our gratitude."

Source: Express

#863 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 334 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:05

Hey, i'm a pre-Christmas n00b - only got the game on Friday but I am almost at level 16... been playing with one of my friends who restarted again so we can go through it from the start (he has level 29 and level 27 characters).

Enjoying it with a friend... but single player is "meh".

#864 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 23 December 2014 - 13:41

WildWayz,

There really isn't much of a single player in Destiny, back in Beta and when the game first came out there were people all over the place in every zone you went to so it felt more like an MMO. These days it just feels empty with everyone either doing Strikes, Raids, or Crucible.

#865 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 334 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 December 2014 - 13:58

I think tonight, my friend and I are going to do some raids / strikes.

When I initially got the game (I am also new to FPS on consoles), I thought i'd never be able to get used to it - but thankfully, after a while it becomes second nature! Half thinking about buying the season pass too.

#866 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,013 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:55

PSN has been offline for quite a while now (not sure if globally but over here at least, and it still shows as offline on the PSN status web) for unspecified reasons (likely a DDOS attack). I've just managed to log in, and it's now Bungie who's saying that the Destiny servers are down.

Coincidence? DDOS targeting both services? Aliens?

According Bungie the issues with Destiny are affecting all the platforms, so it doesn't seem to be a DDos on Sony affecting also Destiny's servers.