Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

877 replies to this topic

#871 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,575 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:18

Yeah, I got the season pass, that lady keeps bugging me about Crota.

So ignore the factions and focus on the vanguard? I know the strikes give strange coins (Only got 2 currently) and I can buy from Xur with those, and now bounties are starting to level me up rather quickly. And I'll keep that in mind about the "Husk of the Pit", so far I've just been scrapping items as I've gotten better ones, not thinking much about what benefits the specific items give me (Having extra ammo doesn't help me if the gun does barely any damage, etc.)

Is there any specific type of weapons I should be aiming for? Currently I've got a pulse rifle and shotgun, but while playing PvP all the higher level players had auto rifles and fusion rifles and they wiped the floor with me. I'm also wondering about the damage types, since only my shotgun does something other than kinetic :laugh:

#872 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,470 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:28

For now, unless you prefer pvp combat in the crucible or iron banner (when available) once you're level 30+ you can select harder difficulties for the daily story and get more coins and ascendant materials, (which in turn level your gear up)

Damage modifiers on guns is cool, and unless you're in the nightfall (and the damage modifier is specified), any modifier (Arc, Solar or Void) will suffice I run with mostly solar damage weapons, as my Titan has arc and void abilities (in grenades and supers) the best weapon to keep an eye out for would be Gjallahorn, an Exotic Solar Damage Rocket Launcher for your heavy, secondary heavy, any machine gun of your choice. Primary and specials depend on your play style, I run auto rifles for primary and fusion rifles for special, but backed up with sniper rifles, (I don't run shotguns) The Gjallahorn and The Culling for heavy..

#873 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 350 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:44

I've been stuck at a Level 25 hunter for a couple of weeks now. My light armour is maxed out - two legendary guns - level 3 crypto... but can't seem to get any further. I've been doing daily challenges and weekly ones too (well, the recent one was too hard for my friend and I - he is a level 26).

I've done all the Crota bounties now too.

My loadout is a SUROS JPS-55 Pulse Rifle, Legendary Mumur Fusion Rifle, Legendary MG18A Machine Gun.

I've tried going into the PVP Crucible games but it ALWAYS dumps me against level 30+ players - so I get low kills so no progression.

#874 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,025 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:48

I've been stuck at a Level 25 hunter for a couple of weeks now. My light armour is maxed out - two legendary guns - level 3 crypto... but can't seem to get any further.

Can't you just buy the new vanguard armor pieces? The max out at level 30 IIRC, maybe 31 if you also buy an exotic armor piece from Xur.

If you have completed all the Crota missions you should have obtained one free piece of armor with a max light value of 33 from Eris, you'd only need 3 more pieces. If you buy or have already an exotic helmet you can buy the 2 remaining pieces with one week worth of vanguard marks.

It's quite easy to get to level 30 or 31 since they released the DLC. I'm seeing almost no one below 30 around when playing, other than a few with new characters that haven't reached lvl 20 yet.

#875 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 350 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 19:33

Thanks. Level 26 now.

Got 4 legendary guns, one legendary cloak, 1 legendary ship and 1 legendary gauntlet. Eris missions done (urn).

Bummer is, I have legendary helmet, boots and chest pieces but not for my character, so they are in the vault..

#876 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 13,078 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:01

Lol bought it brand new for €70 and dont care, still liking it. I couldnt find a used copy so I was just like whatever, I'll just take the new one. Only level 12 now but having fun and that's all that matters :)

#877 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 5,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:35

Damn trolling game  :laugh: I've been looking for an Ice Breaker since I missed it way back when Xur was selling it, as I didn't have enough coins.

This week Xur is again bringing the Ice Breaker and guess what happened in the first assault right after buying it: got a second one as reward  :pinch:

BTW it's me or are most of the new legendary armors way uglier that the ones before the DLC? At least for the warlock.

#878 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,146 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:09

Decided to jump back in this game after a long time out. Trying to solo the dark below as a lvl 25 is hard :-/