Photo

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:10

Just like why phone users don't jump to another platform.

Because I've invested money into it, have games and media tied to my account.

Although the controller argument is a good one to, suits my hands better than the child sized one Sony offers.

#17 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:35

I wouldn't say I'm devoted (and I primarily game on the PC these days), but the reasons I chose Xbox were: the exclusives (Fable franchise, Forza franchise), the media capabilities, and my friends (90% are Xbox players).

#18 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:38

Mainly the controller, XBox Live and Halo.

All this will change next gen tough. The PS4 controller looks actually usable. I'm getting older (36) and while i still play online i don't really "social" all that much anymore on Live (i rarely use my headset these days). I'm done with Halo it's been a fun ride but all good things come to an end. I'm back into PC gaming since i bought a new computer 4 years ago (i'm a web designer i need it for work anyway). The cool thing about PC gaming these days is you don't need to upgrade every year. My close to 4 yo Core i5 750 is still strong enough. My 4GB of ram i bought almost 4 years ago is still enough. I replaced my video card once in the last 4 years (5850 to 670). I don't plan to upgrade my PC until fall 2014 (by then most of it will be 5 years old). I happen to like Steam too games are cheap often you can buy then at 20$-30$. I mostly play all multiplatform titles on PC these days unless it's a really crappy port. I prefer the peace of the room my PC is in (the TV and console iare in the living room). Skyrim, Witcher i play all those games on PC.

Next gen i'll buy based on this.

Price.

Exclusive games not avalaible on PC.

Games for kids.

Ability to stay offline for 2 weeks (needed for when we go to our cottage).

Ability to sell used games on eBay or Kijiji (although not sure about this one i might buy the games on PSN or Live if the price is good next gen but it needs to be 30$ or less to buy digital for me).

#19 Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:40

I own all 3 systems, but I mostly use my 360 for gaming. PS3 only for PS3 exclusives. Plus, XBL is so much better than PSN. It's one thing they nailed down, they can have easy group chats and everything. PSN.... not really. That's a huge deal breaker for me. If PSN doesn't nail the Social aspect for the PS4.. I'll have to go with the Xbone.

The Controllers aren't that big of an issue for me, I use them both the same.