DRM is the killer feature

How about a return envelope included with every game. Send the game back inc. receipt for a voucher worth a percentage of it's retail value.

Guaranteed sale for the consumer, guaranteed return customer for the publisher. They can have a recycling program for the discs, which is probably good for the environment or something.

There are probably tons of issues with that idea. Just a thought.

Or Microsoft will let people set their own prices and people will buy what they feel comfortable paying for. Just like anything else.

They won't do that either. They'll do exactly what Gamestop is doing. Buy them cheap, sell high. They want to maximize profits right? You can bet they'll gouge like Gamestop.

They won't do that either. They'll do exactly what Gamestop is doing. Buy them cheap, sell high. They want to maximize profits right? You can bet they'll gouge like Gamestop.

Microsoft isn't reselling your games, they are providing a service for you to resell... unless I'm mistaken. That's more akin to Ebay/Amazon than Gamestop.

Microsoft isn't reselling your games, they are providing a service for you to resell... unless I'm mistaken. That's more akin to Ebay/Amazon than Gamestop.

I highly doubt you'd be able to set your own price. Why would they do that? People would list games for $99 for their digital games. Why wouldn't they? Good way to make some coin.

This is why Microsoft will set their own prices for selling digital copies, but it won't be near full retail price.

Or they'll set it up in some way that they could be sold through shops like Gamestop through some online store.

I highly doubt you'd be able to set your own price. Why would they do that? People would list games for $99 for their digital games. Why wouldn't they? Good way to make some coin.

This is why Microsoft will set their own prices for selling digital copies, but it won't be near full retail price.

Or they'll set it up in some way that they could be sold through shops like Gamestop through some online store.

Why wouldn't they? And what makes you assume people will overprice their games? People are perfectly able to do that on Ebay as well, yet they don't.

Why wouldn't they? And what makes you assume people will overprice their games? People are perfectly able to do that on Ebay as well, yet they don't.

Why would they would be the better question.

I'm sure you can find games on ebay cheaper than other games of the same name. People are greedy. Microsoft know this.

They'll have their own store setup where say you have a digital game, and you can resell it during the first couple of weeks for a certain percentage of the retail price. Say for 25% less than retail price. Then once sales start to slow down the price you can resell it for goes down and so does the price of the digital download in their store.

So once sales go down, now you can only resell for say 70% of what you paid for it, then they have it on sale for say $29.99 instead of $59.99.

That way everyone down the line still gets a decent amount off that sale, except for you.

I would be highly surprised if they allowed you to set your own prices.

You surely aren't playing dumb right now are you?

Cartridge based anything was always going to be more expensive.

Manufacturing costs for cartridges were much higher than what it costs to manufacture disc's. That is a simple fact.

Even if you believe that cartridge prices is what made old games 50%+ more expensive how does that change the point in any way ? 

Why would they would be the better question.

I'm sure you can find games on ebay cheaper than other games of the same name. People are greedy. Microsoft know this.

They'll have their own store setup where say you have a digital game, and you can resell it during the first couple of weeks for a certain percentage of the retail price. Say for 25% less than retail price. Then once sales start to slow down the price you can resell it for goes down and so does the price of the digital download in their store.

So once sales go down, now you can only resell for say 70% of what you paid for it, then they have it on sale for say $29.99 instead of $59.99.

That way everyone down the line still gets a decent amount off that sale, except for you.

I would be highly surprised if they allowed you to set your own prices.

The difference between you and me is that I'm not coming with a business model out of thin air. What selling service does this? Please list a single one. Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc. None of them do it that way, yet you think MS is absolutely guaranteed to do it your way. I don't understand people who think that a company's sole purpose is to screw their customer as much as possible. You are their life line, why in the hell would they want to screw over the person that makes them money?

They don't give a crap about the consumer. Microsoft are a corporation. They care about one thing. Money.

And where does that money come from? The Consumer.

And where does that money come from? The Consumer.

No, you don't understand. They only make products to deceit the consumer, because CORPORATION.

No, you don't understand. They only make products to deceit the consumer, because CORPORATION.

What?

Why don't you guys stop blaming the people that hated the implementation (myself included) and blame MS for their changes?  I was not going to get a Xbox One because it would have forced me to be online.  We do not...DO NOT have the internet for this type of console yet.  I might get one now, but I hate the idea of having Kinect forced.  It is fine if it was just included.  But I hate the idea that it is forced to be plugged in at all times.

MS could have EASILY fixed this:  If you have NO internet and you have the physical disc in the drive, let you play no matter how long it has been since you connected it to the internet.  

This is the way old PC games worked.  You would install it to your hard drive, yet to play you were still required to have the disc in the drive.

Since it sounds like you would always be allowed to play, even if it was currently being shared by somebody, I fail to see how this "middle-ground" was overlooked.

Why don't you guys stop blaming the people that hated the implementation (myself included) and blame MS for their changes?  I was not going to get a Xbox One because it would have forced me to be online.  We do not...DO NOT have the internet for this type of console yet.  I might get one now, but I hate the idea of having Kinect forced.  It is fine if it was just included.  But I hate the idea that it is forced to be plugged in at all times.

MS could have EASILY fixed this:  If you have NO internet and you have the physical disc in the drive, let you play no matter how long it has been since you connected it to the internet.  

This is the way old PC games worked.  You would install it to your hard drive, yet to play you were still required to have the disc in the drive.

Since it sounds like you would always be allowed to play, even if it was currently being shared by somebody, I fail to see how this "middle-ground" was overlooked.

I don't get it, "we don't have the Internet for this type of console"? Are you referring to the check-ins that requried KBs of data? Or about downloading games? (which in no way was the only way to get games, you could have gone and buy the physical media instead of downloading it, and then do a full install in the hard drive).

I believe most of you are ill informed in so many aspects.

What?

Get with the discussion, man.

I am mocking the attitude that some people have here. Apparently if you are some kind of corporation or business, the only thing you think about is money, and that means crushing consumers by deceit and horrible tactics.

I don't get it, "we don't have the Internet for this type of console"? Are you referring to the check-ins that requried KBs of data? Or about downloading games? (which in no way was the only way to get games, you could have gone and buy the physical media instead of downloading it, and then do a full install in the hard drive).

I believe most of you are ill informed in so many aspects.

Get with the discussion, man.

I am mocking the attitude that some people have here. Apparently if you are some kind of corporation or business, the only thing you think about is money, and that means crushing consumers by deceit and horrible tactics.

Oh right, sorry dude. I'm with you then haha.

Who said it was overlooked? who is to say MS did the best they could in the time they were given and that in 6-18 months time they won't find a middle ground to please people?

Oh right, sorry dude. I'm with you then haha.

:p

Anyway, I hope they bring some of the family sharing features, even if they are somehow more restricting.