Told one of my best friends I have feelings for her. Didn't go so well

7 hours ago, deck said:

@deck

Sort of in the same situation as you were and google directed my "giving space ass" here.

Just wondering how it all played out?

Well this was an unexpected notification.  How often does a near 7 year old thread get bumped?

Well, 7 years later and we are have not been 'friends' for at least 3 or 4 years.  I haven't spoken to her in over 2 years.

I still think about her but my feelings over time have morphed from disappointment and sadness to a degree of resentment and anger, with disappointment and sadness.  Closure never happened and I resent that it didn't; I'm angry because of the friendship lost. 

I went to a few head doctors and ultimately came to the conclusion that there will never be closure; I have to accept it, feelings be damned.  I eventually moved on, despite her popping into my head every now and again (decreasing frequency as time went by).  And as I continued to know her after I told her, I realized that she was not right for me for many reasons.  Despite that, a part of me will always wonder 'what if'.  What if she actually talked about it with me? What if she responded positively but it didn't work out (I would have been fine with this ending)?  I miss her regardless.

Thankfully, life found a way for me to find actual love.  I got married last fall, and she is absolutely the right person for me!  It was a difficult few years before I met my wife. I was truly depressed, in part because of the 'event' and compounded by my own inner workings.  Eventually I found a good head doctor who helped me climb out of my hole, and that happened shortly before I met my then wife-to-be.

I don't believe in 'one true love'.  I think there are many matches for everyone; it's just really hard to find those matches.  There are thousands of needles in the haystack, but they are still tiny needles in a giant haystack, so finding even one is difficult.  I got lucky.

This was a good read- Thank's for your reply

I'm sorry for what you went through, but I am so happy that you got yourself sorted out.

I don't believe in that stuff either, I just believe that everything happens for a reason.

I guess I'll wait and see how this situation playes out. I'll get back to you in 7 years, have a good one.