• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,326 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:25

How is everyone enjoying the game? My buddy has it for X360, and its all he's on these days, a lot less of BF3 with the group :p also I have seen it highly reviewed. Thoughts?

I haven't played it yet, I want to bad though since I'm a big Splinter Cell fan.  I understand the need to add more action elements to the game since they went too far with Double Agent and it just didn't do well, I couldn't even finish it because it just felt wrong.   Now that they got new fans in with it allowing for more action they're adding in more of the classic stealth from the originals.   People at first doubted Ubisoft when they said you could play the game anyway you wanted, ghost, panther, guns blazing.  But the reviews say this is infact the case and makes for replay value since you can go into levels and try things over with a different play style.

Honestly having replayed Chaos Theory a few months ago, and that being the best one to date for pure stealth game fans, it's honestly not as "open" or free to play as blacklist looks.  The levels in CT were small, often very linear where Blacklist has more open levels that allow you to stealth play in a number of ways.

One thing that they haven't added back yet is the idea of sound as giving away your position.  I think Ubisoft is easing fans, specially the new more action happy ones, that they got with conviction into the idea of the pure stealth play style.  I bet for sure that the next game in the series will add the sound meter, or something close to it, back into the game.

#17 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13

One thing that they haven't added back yet is the idea of sound as giving away your position.  I think Ubisoft is easing fans, specially the new more action happy ones, that they got with conviction into the idea of the pure stealth play style.  I bet for sure that the next game in the series will add the sound meter, or something close to it, back into the game.

It seems like they really have since your armor upgrades can change your stealth ability, they just don't give you a silly meter.  I've often been heard approaching enemies.

#18 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,326 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:17

It seems like they really have since your armor upgrades can change your stealth ability, they just don't give you a silly meter.  I've often been heard approaching enemies.

Oh, good to know.   Now I guess we need a few more things to come back, like the detailed lock picking and hacking unless those are both in in some time consuming form?

#19 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:36

Oh, good to know.   Now I guess we need a few more things to come back, like the detailed lock picking and hacking unless those are both in in some time consuming form?

I can't really speak for what will happen with the next gen but I wouldn't expect them back...I guess we'll see.

#20 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,326 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:41

I can't really speak for what will happen with the next gen but I wouldn't expect them back...I guess we'll see.

I think having them back would be nice, though they can do them in different ways.  Having them as a option for those who want to play more stealthy is fine really since those who play more aggressive don't care about picking locks and would rather just break the door down.