Pregnant Muslim woman attacked in Paris loses baby

Pregnant Muslim woman attacked in Paris loses baby

Despite all medical efforts, a pregnant Muslim woman who was attacked by two Islamophobic men in the Paris suburb of Argenteuil on Thursday suffered a miscarriage and lost her baby, her lawyer said on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old Muslim woman, who was four months pregnant, was physically attacked by two men. The attackers first tried taking her headscarf off and later cut off her hair and tore part of her clothing. After she screamed out that she was pregnant, one of the attackers started kicking her in the stomach.

She was taken to Argenteuil hospital where she underwent treatment for injuries.

Daily Mail reported that the police said that the men had shouted racist insults at the woman, saying that the veil was no longer acceptable in France.

?Her husband called me this this afternoon. She lost the baby,? the lawyer told AFP news agency. He added that the family were devastated by the tragedy and would not be making any further comment.

French police officer involved in the investigation confirmed to AFP that she lost her baby.

The prosecutor for Pointoise, Yves Jannier, also said the woman had been kicked in the hip before she managed to flee.

In a related incident, another Muslim woman wearing a headscarf was also attacked three weeks ago in the same region of Paris.

Just read about it. 

This is wrong on so many levels.  :(  I hope she finds peace

'Tis a strange world we live in

After she screamed out that she was pregnant, one of the attackers started kicking her in the stomach.

I have no worlds to say anymore. This is beyond sickening

People usually say this in a sarcastic way, but I mean it. Now more than ever

I dont want to live on this planet anymore

It used to be nature disasters destroying living things.  Now human is destroying everything including themselves.

Natural disasters are still destroying things. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

---------------------------

I hope the authorities catch up with them very quickly.

After she screamed out that she was pregnant, one of the attackers started kicking her in the stomach.

Ugh. Absolutely horrifying.

I hope they catch those two scum and charge them with murder. :angry:

I thoroughly disagree with the latter part of that, but the former part I agree with whole heartedly.

They'll get what's coming to them in the end.

I thoroughly disagree with the latter part of that, but the former part I agree with whole heartedly.

They'll get what's coming to them in the end.

Why? According to the report, they deliberately kicked her in the stomach AFTER her screaming that she was pregnant.  Therefore, murder is pretty clear to me.

• Like 1

I almost hope that it happens to their pregnant wife or daughter, see what it's like being on the recieving end!

Who would do something like this? WTF is the world becoming!!!

I almost hope that it happens to their pregnant wife or daughter, see what it's like being on the recieving end!

Who would do something like this? WTF is the world becoming!!!

Horrifying this to say. Why would you punish their wife or daughter for a crime they've committed?

That would be like your brother/father/mother committing a crime and the state locking you up for it.

• Like 3

Horrifying this to say. Why would you punish their wife or daughter for a crime they've committed?

That would be like your brother/father/mother committing a crime and the state locking you up for it.

No, you misunderstand, I ALMOST hope, so that they could see the pain through the eyes of the victim.

Would I actually take the step and wish it on them? No, never. Just there's a few of these 'crimes' recently posted in this website and my emotions are running high.

I meant no offence

Wasn't offended, just worried at the suggestion of harming someone else for somebody else's crime :)