Youtube links not becoming video

If you're using Chrome (I think it's the same on FF) try pasting with the "Paste as plain text" on the right click menu.

Test:

Edit: works for me!

ATM if you use special bbcode button and select the media tag, it will embed. Auto parsing needs looking at by a dev.

ATM if you use special bbcode button and select the media tag, it will embed. Auto parsing needs looking at by a dev.

Or leave it disabled? BBCode works fine and it's quite annoying that all videos always get converted when you want to link to a specific time for example.

I tried that last night, and was still unable to get the video/player to show in IE10. The link was wrapped by a [media] tag in the post after pasting the link into the interface for media, still no joy. 

No videos posted so far by anyone have been visible on my end, it's just a blank area where the player should be embedded.

Edit - > I should note that this was occurring prior to the update, so not something necessarily update related.

Have confirmed that members are able to paste in plain text YouTube links and they parse correctly. If you ctrl+v it will stay as an url.

Marking solved.

^lol gave himself best answer, that's boosting :p

After all the testing, bbcode edits I deserve it. ;) Happy Birthday btw!

After all the testing, bbcode edits I deserve it. ;) Happy Birthday btw!

<off topic>

Oh $?^%$%&$%^

ROFL Even I hadn't noticed the date...

Thanks

<on topic>