Photo
washington state facebook ruse arranged meeting blocked escape are you interested

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 30,761 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 13:44

Although this is wrong and I'm glad the man was caught, but what was the 15 year old doing on the dating site chatting to a 30 year old in the first place?

#17 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,535 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 20 June 2013 - 14:12

Although this is wrong and I'm glad the man was caught, but what was the 15 year old doing on the dating site chatting to a 30 year old in the first place?

That's what I'm wondering to. You would think the girl would be instantly creeped out (as most are).

#18 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,968 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 14:36

I think the fact he didn't resort to violence and helped the law apprehend this guy is admirable. I could understand why a father would want to kick the guy's ass, and perhaps he deserves it, but vigilante justice is never a good idea.

i disagree a little... what do you think is going to happen to this guy? nothing? im not even that much against him for what he did... was he really interested in this girl? or just using her... him trying to elope with a minor is a bit much... but him having a relationship? in this country 1 year older and that is fine. so you know 15 is one of those eeehhhhh ages .... even still nothing will happen to this man but a slap on the wrists and a restraining order.... so a beating would have gone much further in the eyes of parental justice.

#19 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

• 2,806 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 15:22

I agree with Dot Matrix, I would have gone right to ass beating mode, then called the cops in and say I caught him touching her and lost it lol.

#20 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,965 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 15:33

I agree with Dot Matrix, I would have gone right to ass beating mode, then called the cops in and say I caught him touching her and lost it lol.

^^^^^ this right here. Words can not describe the ass beating he would have gotten if this was my kid.

#21 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 15:38

I think the fact he didn't resort to violence and helped the law apprehend this guy is admirable. I could understand why a father would want to kick the guy's ass, and perhaps he deserves it, but vigilante justice is never a good idea.

I agree. It would be hard to not rough this guy up though.

#22 NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks

King-ding-A-Ling

• 2,266 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 15:43

There's no doubt that he's a better man than most of us would be in the same situation.

#23 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,653 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 17:04

Clearly.

The attempted kidnapping charge is interesting though...

If I was on a jury I'd have to vote 'not guilty' to the kidnapping part ... clearly she was agreeing, to run away.

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,191 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:33

i disagree a little... what do you think is going to happen to this guy? nothing? im not even that much against him for what he did... was he really interested in this girl? or just using her... him trying to elope with a minor is a bit much... but him having a relationship? in this country 1 year older and that is fine. so you know 15 is one of those eeehhhhh ages .... even still nothing will happen to this man but a slap on the wrists and a restraining order.... so a beating would have gone much further in the eyes of parental justice.

That a problem with the Justice System.

A lot of young people are groomed online, run away and then sold into prostitution. I am not saying that is necessarily what was happening here, but there is no telling what this guy's motivation was.

#25 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42

When did this happen? I must have missed that part.

Many of these things are charged based on intent. I can see attempted child rape, but we may not know all that went on. I think when regular citizens do this, you have to be careful of entrapment but he looks pretty guilty.

If I was on a jury I'd have to vote 'not guilty' to the kidnapping part ... clearly she was agreeing, to run away.

The fact that they persuaded him to go along with the plan makes this one kind of gray.

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:03

15 year old girls will flirt with almost any guy that will flirt with them. 

#27 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:08

15 year old girls will flirt with almost any guy that will flirt with them. 

Are you kidding? Just "flirt." Try all out sex.

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11

Are you kidding? Just "flirt." Try all out sex.

I know but I was trying to be tactful. 

#29 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:18

I know but I was trying to be tactful. 

The onus is still on the adult though. We don't even know if the guy knew she was 15 here do we? I have 0 tolerance for this sort of thing but something about this one just doesn't seem cut and dry.