• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• 8,117 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:34

I brought this up in another topic and thought I would start a post about it.

I am just wondering if anyone else on the board if a neat freak, how much of a neat freak they are, and the things that annoy them the most (e.g. dirty dishes, laundry, dust etc.)

Personally I hate dust. This might because I suffered from allergies as a kid and had to keep my house as dust-free as humanly possible.

#2 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36

Oh, I hate dust. Don't do much about it, though. "A clean house is a sign of misspent life", as a saying goes. I'd rather browse cat photos than clean stuff, and we all know how that is a highly stimulating, mind invigorating and valuable life experience.

#3 Xahid

Xahid

Anokha Neowinian

• 5,907 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:39

I am not clean freak, but I like my stuff to be clean from dust. I hate dust too, so cleaning my stuff regularly is now a routine work for me.

#4 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,453 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40

Not usually, no.  Would consider myself average as far as that goes.. clean it when I get to it or the wife complains, whichever comes first.  The one exception that really grinds my gears is a monitor with fingerprints.  Holy hell that irks me like you wouldn't believe, probably borderline OCD about it.

#5 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,529 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:44

Not usually, no.  Would consider myself average as far as that goes.. clean it when I get to it or the wife complains, whichever comes first.  The one exception that really grinds my gears is a monitor with fingerprints.  Holy hell that irks me like you wouldn't believe, probably borderline OCD about it.

lol I'm about the same, will vaccuum if need be or asked, but the mark or fingerpring on the monitor..............

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:06

I am a clutter freak. I can't stand it. I want things nice and organized. But I am constantly cleaning my phone because those fingerprints worry me no end.

#7 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,837 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:24

Haha, I went on a cleaning spree yesterday but normally I'm not much of a clean freak. I tend to vacuum/clean 2-3 times a week and dust on my glass entertainment systems/devices drives me nuts so that gets cleaned often. I'm now to the point where I don't open certain windows because I figured out most of the dust comes in there. I guess I enjoy the look and smell after I've cleaned top to bottom and then can relax!

#8 welchmen22

welchmen22

Neowinian

• 57 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 20:51

I like things organized but not to an extreme. I have a two year old and my wife is in school full time so i've had to get accustomed to some degree of clutter. But as soon as he's in bead I have a standard route through the house starting with toys and then on to the kitchen. Dust doesnt bother me until I notice it, so I try not to look.

#9 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,647 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14

My place is a constant mess, doesn't worry me too much as I have too little time to worry about it. I keep the kitchen and bathroom clean for health reasons but

#10 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• 8,338 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:16

No, but whenever I look at my home and work desks I really wish I was.

#11 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,164 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:47

Depends.  I hate having a cluttered work space.  But other areas I tend to let go longer than I should.

#12 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,493 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 21 June 2013 - 13:12

My stuff is a bit messy at the moment, but generally, my things stay clean and organized simply because I'm not a messy person. The funny thing is, at my job, I insist on having things clean and organized and clean up my area immediately upon arriving.

#13 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,533 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 13:23

I wish :/

#14 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,462 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 13:23

I wish I was cleaner than I am. Dirty clothes on the floor rather than in the hamper, dust collecting in the corridor, glasses to wash from the other night...I need a girl to kick my ass in to gear. :laugh:

#15 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 13:34

I wish I was cleaner than I am. Dirty clothes on the floor rather than in the hamper, dust collecting in the corridor, glasses to wash from the other night...I need a girl to kick my ass in to gear. :laugh:

You sure do. Or a drill sergeant. :p