Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
V-Tech

Samsung

8 posts in this topic

bgr-samsung-galaxy-s4-review-1.jpg?w=618

Reviewers and critics fawned over Samsung?s Galaxy S4 when it debuted earlier this year. While Samsung undoubtedly has a fantastic flagship smartphone on its hands, some argued that it is an iterative update packed with gimmicky features that might not prompt current Galaxy phone owners to upgrade. The phone quickly became Samsung?s fastest-selling handset as the company flooded distribution channels with inventory, but now Samsung?s stock is plummeting on reports that end-user sales haven?t kept pace with shipments. In the latest twist in the Galaxy S4 saga, a new report claims slowing Galaxy S4 sales have caused Samsung to cut its component orders for the first time since the company began making smartphones.

A new report from ETNews states that Samsung is slashing component orders by between 10% and 15%. Much more troubling, however, is the claim that Samsung will slash Galaxy S4 production by nearly 50% to 6.5 million units ? Samsung had 12.5 million Galaxy S4 handsets built in May, the report states.

ETNews also claims that Samsung will cease production of its Galaxy S III smartphone ahead of schedule.

Samsung?s Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, a quad- or eight-core processor, a 13-megapixel camera and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. As impressive as the handset is on paper, however, it appears as though Samsung?s often-gimmicky new features haven?t been enough to push Galaxy S III owners and others who recently purchased new smartphones to upgrade.

http://bgr.com/2013/06/20/galaxy-s4-sales-component-order-cuts/

Has a bunch of gimmicky features (been saying this since the phone was announced) and the OS is bloated.  I have messed around with a few S4s, but all the gimmicks really doesnt entice people to upgrade.

1 person likes this

I have an S3, and looking at the S4 I don't see anything that would make me say I have to upgrade.  It's really a very minor update, and the OS is very bloated.  It might sell more when they release the version with vanilla android since it won't have any of the bloat, but that version won't be available on Verizon :(.

S3 w/ CyanogenMod ftw.

even with losing a ton of points for its weaker app selection, the nokia lumia 925 beat the Samsung galaxy S4 in review scores on The Verge,out of all people.

even with losing a ton of points for its weaker app selection, the nokia lumia 925 beat the Samsung galaxy S4 in review scores on The Verge,out of all people.

What does that have to do with the poor sales rate of the S4?   This has nothing to do with app support.  Besides, I wouldnt count .1 of a difference really that great anyway.

And if you want to compare different platforms...the S4 beat out the Lumia 928, and the S3 beat out 928 and the 925...according to TheVerge.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; the only reason why they've been pushing so many units if that they've been practically throwing them at carriers and retailers have been giving them away with everything from carpet to cappuccino machines - heck my brother bought a Samsung Galaxy and a Galaxy Tab for half the price than it would be if you bought the two separately. I really can't work out what the attraction is to Samsung given their shockingly horrible software support for their devices - June 2013 and still no Android 4.2.2 update for their Samsung Galaxy SIII? Samsung Galaxy SII user have already been thrown under the bus so early? Geeze, and Windows Phone 7 users whine which I find funny when compared to how Samsung chew up and spit out their user base yet drooling fanboys keep coming back for more pain and misery.

1 person likes this

About one month or so before the reveal of S4, a guy said to me that Samsung expects to move 100 million S4 units, and at that time I was like

:laugh:

Seriously though, I can't seem to think of one reason to choose S4 over the One. I have used both extensively and I must say, those features that people keep going goo gaa gaa over, are practically impracticable and half-baked. The stock performance is slow compared to iPhone 5, 920 and the One. And as the guy above said me, ^^ S3 just got the latest update, after 11 months. That is a lot for a flagship device, which also happens to be one of the best selling one on any platform.

/rant