Apple invention may reveal fingerprint scanning tech headed to iPhone 5S

Wow I said that because Apple will no doubt try and claim it as an innovative feature, and how they invented biometrics technology, and try to pass it off as something magcial.  To quote Ocelot from MGS2 "There's no such thing as magic or the supernatural, only cutting edge technology"

Since when have they ever done that?...

You're just another one of those people that over-exaggerate everything Apple-related and are the leading cause of this nonsense being touted in the first place.  Don't get your panties in a bunch because you can't accept the fact that Apple markets their products better than everybody else...

Wow I said that because Apple will no doubt try and claim it as an innovative feature, and how they invented biometrics technology, and try to pass it off as something magcial.  To quote Ocelot from MGS2 "There's no such thing as magic or the supernatural, only cutting edge technology"

Actually, you said:

I had a USB Flash drive with a Finger print scanner.  I've seen laptops with a finger print scanner. The tech is not new or innoative.

Please take note on how you said nothing about Apple or claims it may make in the future. You said that finger print scanners are not new or innovative, which has exactly zero to do with what the article says.

^ if we have not used or seen the scanner or reader before, then Apple has new reader/scanner which they put it in next iPhone.. but it is not actually new because we have seen/used the reader/scanner on the previous devices such as laptops, on office walls, etc.. in the past.  

Besides, I don't care if the companies put old tech in their upcoming products/devices... it is up to them.  If you don't like it, then don't buy it or if you like the device except the reader, then you can keep it turned off..   but you will have to use the reader at the job so you can be clocked in/out.

At the retail stores, you can see the employees walk up to the reader on the wall near the customer service.. which you could see his/her finger on it to be scanned so he/she can be clocked in or out. Depends the locations, some stores have old fashioned devices such as punch clock, something like that.

Finger print readers are really nice , I use one ever day, I would love to have it built into my phone

It an invention because it's been invented.

You are confusing inventions with innovating, just because something isn't innovating it doesn't mean it wasn't an invention. You are assuming that because it's a new invention that Apple is claiming to be bringing some completely new innovation onto the market.

Also not at any point does the article mention it's innovation in any way shape or form, you are just a typical Apple troll jumping on the band wagon that loves to throw these words around at anything to do with Apple.

You realize that innovate means:

innovate

in?no?vate

[in-uh-veyt] Show IPA verb, in?no?vat?ed, in?no?vat?ing.
verb (used without object)
to introduce something new; make changes in anything established.
verb (used with object)
to introduce (something new) for or as if for the first time: to innovate a computer operating system.
Archaic. to alter.

and invent means:

invent?
in?vent

[in-vent]verb (used with object)

to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation, or contrivance: to invent the telegraph.

So, I am not mixing them up. . As I said, they did not invent it, it is innovation, but it is not an invention. (and to be honest, not very innovative at all, as it has been done previously (just not on that phone, so you are also correct, I suppose).)

But alas, can we agree to disagree? I have no more energy to continue on a Friday night. Lol :P

i really do not think apple is claiming to be the first but i am sure that it will be quite smart.

i really do not think apple is claiming to be the first but i am sure that it will be quite smart.

Can't wait to hear the Apple engineers claim it's a first in a mobile device, so revolutionary  :rofl:

The tech itself maybe decades old, but I'm not aware of any mobile phone/tablet that incorporates finger scanning technology? (correct me if I'm wrong), so they will be first. Everyone loves to hate on Apple but this is what they do, have always done, is take existing proven technology and make it better and make it popular. Apple may hardly invent things from scratch but they are proven innovators of existing technology. You don't have to love them to know that without their influence in the technology world we wouldn't be where we are now. That is my 2 cents take with a grain of salt.

The tech itself maybe decades old, but I'm not aware of any mobile phone/tablet that incorporates finger scanning technology? (correct me if I'm wrong), so they will be first. Everyone loves to hate on Apple but this is what they do, have always done, is take existing proven technology and make it better and make it popular. Apple may hardly invent things from scratch but they are proven innovators of existing technology. You don't have to love them to know that without their influence in the technology world we wouldn't be where we are now. That is my 2 cents take with a grain of salt.

Motorola Atrix.